The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Military Business Idea and Feedback

Idea threads

SDMIL420

PARKED
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 22, 2023
Anyone who has ever served in the military knows it is rife with problems, and anyone who's read MJ's entrepreneurial literature trifecta knows it is therefore also overflowing with opportunity. After having a great career, I'm leaving the military and embarking on my own fast lane adventure. I recently started a real estate business, essentially helping active duty service members house-hack the same way I did. However, I have learned many other vet's have also started this venture and it doesn't make much "CENTS" in MJ's terms. I'm looking to either refine my current idea or pivot to something else that also serves the same mission of helping servicemembers and veterans.

Some of the problems facing the military: Poor food quality, inadequate health and exercise, over stressed, poor financial literacy, too much bureaucratic red tape, bureaucratic inefficiency, and of course high suicide rates.

Some Ideas for business's and solutions: Vending machines that only have healthy options, AI programs that fill out paperwork for you, a website dedicated to increasing financial literacy.

Of course doing any business with the military involves much more red tape than civilian business's, and there's is the concern of "Control" as stated in MJ's books. One decision from someone high ranking enough can put a small contractor out of business if that's their only customer.

Any ideas or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I recently started a real estate business, essentially helping active duty service members house-hack the same way I did. However, I have learned many other vet's have also started this venture and it doesn't make much "CENTS" in MJ's terms.

Are you committed to confining yourself to just military ideas? Just because you have domain experience there doesn't mean you should shut yourself out of 99.3% of the other opportunities out there.

I hate dealing with the government because it's a bureaucrat's game with corruption and cronyism... so yes, control is an issue, especially when some congressman's son-in-law takes your contract.

SDMIL420

PARKED
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 22, 2023
Are you committed to confining yourself to just military ideas? Just because you have domain experience there doesn't mean you should shut yourself out of 99.3% of the other opportunities out there.

I hate dealing with the government because it's a bureaucrat's game with corruption and cronyism... so yes, control is an issue, especially when some congressman's son-in-law takes your contract.
Thanks so much for the quick reply! No, that's just what I'm familiar with. Just as you said in your book, one source of control is a big issue, and you shouldn't necessarily follow your passions, especially if your passions are insolvent businesses. But there are so many problems with our military system, there must also be a lot of opportunities to solve those problems that don't necessarily require government contracts. My current business helps active duty/retired servicemembers and doesn't require any government contracts. That being said, government contracts can also be extremely lucrative, and I've known a few guys to retire and create businesses to fit the needs they learned while in service, so it seemed like the logical place for me to start. But I'm open to any ideas on refining my current business or even starting from scratch if I have to.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Anyone who has ever served in the military knows it is rife with problems, and anyone who's read MJ's entrepreneurial literature trifecta knows it is therefore also overflowing with opportunity. After having a great career, I'm leaving the military and embarking on my own fast lane adventure. I recently started a real estate business, essentially helping active duty service members house-hack the same way I did. However, I have learned many other vet's have also started this venture and it doesn't make much "CENTS" in MJ's terms. I'm looking to either refine my current idea or pivot to something else that also serves the same mission of helping servicemembers and veterans.

Some of the problems facing the military: Poor food quality, inadequate health and exercise, over stressed, poor financial literacy, too much bureaucratic red tape, bureaucratic inefficiency, and of course high suicide rates.

Some Ideas for business's and solutions: Vending machines that only have healthy options, AI programs that fill out paperwork for you, a website dedicated to increasing financial literacy.

Of course doing any business with the military involves much more red tape than civilian business's, and there's is the concern of "Control" as stated in MJ's books. One decision from someone high ranking enough can put a small contractor out of business if that's their only customer.

Any ideas or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Traditional rifle cleaning kit can be improved. The way rifle cleaning is done is still a nightmare.

In my country most equipment sales and servicing are out-sourced to mega corporation owned by sovereign wealth, for scale, stability and security clearance reason. Weapons maintenance, uniform production and food catering.

But there are plenty of small ad-hoc contracts given to small businesses. Cleaning and transportation are too big areas.

The cleaning companies are no different from other cleaning companies taking corporate orders. Armies still need private buses to move soldiers from one camp to another. Military lorries/trucks are only used when soldiers move to dirtier terrans like jungle.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.