The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Micro SAAS. Good fastlane or not?

Idea threads

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 2, 2023
I've heard a lot about the market for micro SAAS growing over the next years. In your experience, is this a good fastlane opportunity?

I would like to make a chatbot that generates leads for companies or make a chatbot that automates all the tasks of a would be low level employee. I would charge a business a few hundred dollars a month to use either one.

I have a few questions.

1. Where do I sell a chatbot at? Apps have the app store, chrome extensions have the chrome store.

2. I have zero programming experience so I am going to have an experienced developer make it for me. Is it better to pay them the development cost or to find a developer who will do it for a percentage of the revenue? Like 10 percent of earnings for 2 years.

3. What is a good way to market this to businesses? Google ads, etc.?

4. What is your overall opinion of micro SAAS as a fastlane?

Thanks guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Declag

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 12, 2023
I've heard a lot about the market for micro SAAS growing over the next years. In your experience, is this a good fastlane opportunity?

I would like to make a chatbot that generates leads for companies or make a chatbot that automates all the tasks of a would be low level employee. I would charge a business a few hundred dollars a month to use either one.

I have a few questions.

1. Where do I sell a chatbot at? Apps have the app store, chrome extensions have the chrome store.

2. I have zero programming experience so I am going to have an experienced developer make it for me. Is it better to pay them the development cost or to find a developer who will do it for a percentage of the revenue? Like 10 percent of earnings for 2 years.

Thanks guys.
No fastlane in software, but the right idea can be very rewarding. Check out Micro company, they built an amazing Chatbot for businesses but the early wasn't very rosy, especially finding the right distribution channel. Micro.company
I will say be ready for 6 months to 2 years of consistent grind before seeing any tangible results. However, once things pick up. It keeps growing especially when businesses love your product.

1. I think it's better to launch as a web app first

2. If you want the developer to be committed, give 10 to 20%. I don't like the idea of co-founder myself. However, I build most of my products myself with nocode software. Your situation is different

3. It depends on how target audience, you have to try multiple marketing channels and double down on the channels that works best

4. Distribution will be your major hurdle

All the best, I hope this helps

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 2, 2023
No fastlane in software, but the right idea can be very rewarding. Check out Micro company, they built an amazing Chatbot for businesses but the early wasn't very rosy, especially finding the right distribution channel. Micro.company
I will say be ready for 6 months to 2 years of consistent grind before seeing any tangible results. However, once things pick up. It keeps growing especially when businesses love your product.

1. I think it's better to launch as a web app first

2. If you want the developer to be committed, give 10 to 20%. I don't like the idea of co-founder myself. However, I build most of my products myself with nocode software. Your situation is different

3. It depends on how target audience, you have to try multiple marketing channels and double down on the channels that works best

4. Distribution will be your major hurdle

All the best, I hope this helps
Thanks. You said no software is not a fastlane. Do you recommend a different field then that is fastlane?

Declag

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 12, 2023
Thanks. You said no software is not a fastlane. Do you recommend a different field then that is fastlane?
This is a bit difficult to answer. Leverage any skill you are good at, assist with social media or technology.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I have a few questions.

Thanks guys.
Why not start by implementing chatbots for businesses? Maybe you become a Manychat consultant or something? Get paid to dig deep into the needs and issues. See common patterns. Maybe develop systems and SOPs that use their underlying tech.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
I would like to make a chatbot that generates leads for companies or make a chatbot that automates all the tasks of a would be low level employee.
These two things are completely different. You first need to decide which one to pursue because it will influence who buys your product in the end.

Also having the goal of creating a chatbot that handles all the tasks that an employee does (even a low level one) is a massive undertaking.

What do you mean by all the tasks? is there a specific list? Is this an employee from a law firm or a construction company? Once again these things are very different.

Also you want to build a micro-saas so these goals are not in line with a micro saas. A micro saas should be easy to create and fast to test in the market. You need to deliver value from day one. It should take 2 to 3 days to develop and release.

Where do I sell a chatbot at?
You sell it online via your website.
Is it better to pay them the development cost or to find a developer who will do it for a percentage of the revenue? Like 10 percent of earnings for 2 years.

No professional software engineer worth anything will accept to work for free in exchange for potential future revenue.

if you were Elon Musk or Bill Gates and you approached me for this kind of venture, I would most likely agree to it, but otherwise not.

What is a good way to market this to businesses

You need to talk to them, find their problems and bring the solution to them.

What is your overall opinion of micro SAAS as a fastlane

A micro saas cannot be fastlane because it is micro. Micro means you build it quickly you release it quickly. It does one thing and one thing only.

That is great if you want it to make you 1K or 2K per month but if you want to make 100K per month, then you ll need to expand, invest more time an money into it which means it won't be micro anymore.

Final word, what happened to you Chrome extensions ventures?

You seem to be jumping from one thing to the next without executing at all. It seems to me that you are just chasing money and that you have a bad case of shiny object syndrome.

Just pick an idea and run with it. You could have started 5 projects since you started making threads on this forum. Yet you haven't. Why?

theazizmoh_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Apr 29, 2022
These two things are completely different. You first need to decide which one to pursue because it will influence who buys your product in the end.

Also having the goal of creating a chatbot that handles all the tasks that an employee does (even a low level one) is a massive undertaking.

What do you mean by all the tasks? is there a specific list? Is this an employee from a law firm or a construction company? Once again these things are very different.

Also you want to build a micro-saas so these goals are not in line with a micro saas. A micro saas should be easy to create and fast to test in the market. You need to deliver value from day one. It should take 2 to 3 days to develop and release.

You sell it online via your website.

No professional software engineer worth anything will accept to work for free in exchange for potential future revenue.

if you were Elon Musk or Bill Gates and you approached me for this kind of venture, I would most likely agree to it, but otherwise not.

You need to talk to them, find their problems and bring the solution to them.

A micro saas cannot be fastlane because it is micro. Micro means you build it quickly you release it quickly. It does one thing and one thing only.

That is great if you want it to make you 1K or 2K per month but if you want to make 100K per month, then you ll need to expand, invest more time an money into it which means it won't be micro anymore.

You seem to be jumping from one thing to the next without executing at all. It seems to me that you are just chasing money and that you have a bad case of shiny object syndrome.

Just pick an idea and run with it. You could have started 5 projects since you started making threads on this forum. Yet you haven't. Why?
Unfortunately "micro SaaS" is not a fastlane business, but you can stair step your way into a fastlane SaaS.

Michal__

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 13, 2023

I have a few questions.

Thanks guys.
1) Not sure. Probably more places = better.

2) No serious developer would EVER agree to develop it for 10% for 2 years. If someone agreed to that, they are probably not a good developer ;-).

3) Social media, ads,...
same as any other app

4) As long as your product brings value in a form that people are willing to pay for then it is the same as any other product.

circleme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jan 17, 2023
I want to add, that not only the software itself is tiny - don't have to be but most of the time it is in the micro SaaS area - but especially your total adressable market is quite tiny. Small software solutions for small audiences/niches. This sentence alone violates Scale and the Law of Effection. Except, if you replicate it over and over again.

@mav55339 I don't want to talk shit here and I don't plan to now. But after I've already helped you with several questions in the past, offered you free help via PM on the subject of Micro SaaS / Chrome Extensions in particular - which you have ignored -, and just recently even MJ put everything together due to your large number of relatively low-value posts, I'm asking me, why are you here?

It seems to me like you're just asking questions for the sake of asking questions, but ignoring most of the answers that would most likely help you. Forum members, the majority of them much more successful than me, and myself, take the time to give you high quality answers and your response is one non-productive thread after another.

Personally, I think that's a bit of a nuisance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.