The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mental Health and Entrepreneurship

VentureVoyager

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Aug 19, 2017
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
It's a great thread, I'm surprised it's so short.

"The World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that each year approximately one million people die from suicide, which represents a global mortality rate of 16 people per 100,000 or one death every 40 seconds. "

Also: Depression Among Entrepreneurs is an Epidemic Nobody is Talking About

When browsing entrepeneur forums, YT etc. it's easy to fall pray to the idea that most people out there are crazy successful, and their lives consist mainly of counting profits, buying new mansions and traveling the world with their beautiful partners. But the truth is, for every single successful forum member there is probably 50 others struggling on a daily basis (not a statistical fact, just my guess).

I've been dealing with depression and neuroses since, at least, 2011.

I have recently started psychotherapy and it's something that I can recommend to everyone out there who struggles with any kind of life and emotional issues. Don't wait, just start it asap.

However, right now I'm also facing a big dilema. I visited a psychiatrist 5 months ago and he prescribed me meds (duolexitine = cymbalta), having diagnosed me with depressive neurosis.
I couldn't start taking them, because I was taking antifungal meds for candida.

But now, my psychotherapist also thinks that I should start taking them.

The problem is, when you do any research on Duolexitine, there is hundreds and hundreds of testiomonials from people who claim that it literally destroyed their life. I'm not talking about side effects such as headache or slightly lowered sex drive.
I'm reffering to people saying that they stopped medicating 2 years ago and they still feel like in a nightmare, their lives became hell and they have no idea how to get out of that. That they now have symptoms they never had before they started medicating. Just look it up on drugs.com on youtube. I mean, there are people crying on the videos. It scares the shit out of me. I remember how it's like having an anxiety or panic attack, and believe me, depression is a walk in the park in comparison. It's hell, no more, no less. The fear of returning to that state keeps me from starting my medication.

It puts me in a difficult situation, where I either still try to help myself without meds (with symptoms like constant fatigue, low energy that allows to work no more than 3-4 hours a day, poor focus, mood swings, insomnia, obsessive thoughts and many more - I've been struggling with those last 2 years, underperfoming daily, and still can't get out of that mess), with only therapy, self-help material, diet (I've already tried many, and I don't see any difference, really), supplements, etc. Or I can try meds and risk F*cking up myself even more.

To those of you who have tried meds or are close to people who have tried them too - any advice?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
It's a great thread, I'm surprised it's so short.

"The World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that each year approximately one million people die from suicide, which represents a global mortality rate of 16 people per 100,000 or one death every 40 seconds. "

Also: Depression Among Entrepreneurs is an Epidemic Nobody is Talking About

When browsing entrepeneur forums, YT etc. it's easy to fall pray to the idea that most people out there are crazy successful, and their lives consist mainly of counting profits, buying new mansions and traveling the world with their beautiful partners. But the truth is, for every single successful forum member there is probably 50 others struggling on a daily basis (not a statistical fact, just my guess).

I've been dealing with depression and neuroses since, at least, 2011.

I have recently started psychotherapy and it's something that I can recommend to everyone out there who struggles with any kind of life and emotional issues. Don't wait, just start it asap.

However, right now I'm also facing a big dilema. I visited a psychiatrist 5 months ago and he prescribed me meds (duolexitine = cymbalta), having diagnosed me with depressive neurosis.
I couldn't start taking them, because I was taking antifungal meds for candida.

But now, my psychotherapist also thinks that I should start taking them.

The problem is, when you do any research on Duolexitine, there is hundreds and hundreds of testiomonials from people who claim that it literally destroyed their life. I'm not talking about side effects such as headache or slightly lowered sex drive.
I'm reffering to people saying that they stopped medicating 2 years ago and they still feel like in a nightmare, their lives became hell and they have no idea how to get out of that. That they now have symptoms they never had before they started medicating. Just look it up on drugs.com on youtube. I mean, there are people crying on the videos. It scares the shit out of me. I remember how it's like having an anxiety or panic attack, and believe me, depression is a walk in the park in comparison. It's hell, no more, no less. The fear of returning to that state keeps me from starting my medication.

It puts me in a difficult situation, where I either still try to help myself without meds (with symptoms like constant fatigue, low energy that allows to work no more than 3-4 hours a day, poor focus, mood swings, insomnia, obsessive thoughts and many more - I've been struggling with those last 2 years, underperfoming daily, and still can't get out of that mess), with only therapy, self-help material, diet (I've already tried many, and I don't see any difference, really), supplements, etc. Or I can try meds and risk F*cking up myself even more.

To those of you who have tried meds or are close to people who have tried them too - any advice?
Maybe you could share your fears with your doctor and ask them if there is another medication without such side effects that could work for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.