The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Meal replacements recommendations

laraashley

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 22, 2019
Hi! Being super busy with the launch of my start-up, I never have time for lunch/dinner and so was thinking of trying meal replacements (bar or drink idm), and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I try to stay on top of my health so ideally nutritionally "complete"! Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

arl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 16, 2019
If you're really worried about your health I would forget those meal replacements. They might have all the necessary macronutrients to replace a meal, but they are ultraprocessed and full of chemicals.

If you want to save time, I'd give mealprepping a chance. Try cooking on sundays or whenever enough food for the whole week so you have it ready and healthy whenever you need it.

Defection

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Oct 29, 2019
@arl is right, meal prepping is the way to go.

If you're willing to opt for meal replacements, chances are that you're not aiming to win the next Masterchef title, so I've always found that the best way to do things is to keep it simple.

There are very few healthier meals than lean meat(s) with salad or vegetables. Sure, it's not exciting, but I've had chicken salad (with different chicken/salad variations) for probably about 80% of my lunchtime meals for the past year. Lean meats mean that I'm not eating fat when I don't need it, I'm not consuming processed foods, and I'm getting the benefits of eating salad on a daily basis.

I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't want to have meat and salad/veg every day, but quick and convenient is certainly the way to go.

Get it all done in one go and it means less thinking and wasting time preparing and cooking every day.

For me, the added benefit along with having more time for things that matter is that I've lost over 100lbs over the past few years.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Breakfast for heroes: red bull and a banana.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
I tried it for a while (Joylent, a dutch variant of Soylent). However, it didn't agree with my stomach and I didn't feel great. The guy's story is very cool though! This Former Drug Dealer Came Up with Europe's Answer to Soylent

Now I do IF, eating 2 large meals a day. My daily lunch is overnight oats with a handfull of nuts and seeds, which is super easy to prep and very tasty. For dinner I always cook 4 portions at a time, so I need to cook once or twice per week.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Last edited:

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Hi! Being super busy with the launch of my start-up, I never have time for lunch/dinner and so was thinking of trying meal replacements (bar or drink idm), and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I try to stay on top of my health so ideally nutritionally "complete"! Thanks
rich pianas real food, egg whites, and peanut butter. When I have enough money this will literally be 3/4 of my food.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.