The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making a meal replacing shake brand

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 26, 2021
Hi guys,

I was set out to create my own meal replacing blend shake brand that I was going to target to a specific niche and ordered a bunch of powders of healthy whole foods, so I threw it all togheter in a shaker after getting the amounts of nutritions right. (took weeks before getting all powdered ingredients from different suppliers). And then the taste sucked (offcourse can be adjusted, retested etc) but what bothered me the most was the texture, I was hoping on some creamy blend. But besides the protein blend (which was really fine small textured), The other powdered ingredients were not creamy at all, when everything was blended and you let it rest for a bit, you would see layers forming, protein bottom, cocos in between, blueberry top, Spinach middle,... So I guess powdered whole foods are not the right ingrediënt for making a meal replacing shake (Don't know what ingrediënts would do the trick, how how it's named).

But I def need a product that looks right also for marketing purposes (besides the packaging), but now I got a product that tastes like sh@t (taste + texture) and looks like sh#t.

Has anybody got any experience in this area that is willing to share some experience wisdom nuggets? Like how do the big brands do this? (and on a later stage, how to find good suppliers of the ingredients in combination with a factory or some kind (not sure how its called at this point), that could to the manufacturing for me when I can create a decent product and sales take off.

Thanks a lot!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Take a look at Soylent and Athletic Greens. They both have been successful.

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 26, 2021
+ yfood is a realy successful one in germany.

View: https://youtu.be/UhedDHyWHao

this guy built the yfood drink from scratch!

give it a look he shows the ingredients used but its in german so maybe use subtitle.
Thanks, interesting video! Allthough not quite applicable for me, as I want to sell a powdered shake in powder form (easier for longterm storage, for beverages I guess you would need to add anti expiration supplements for longterm storage which would make them less healthy).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 26, 2021
I just asked chatgpt ==>
  1. Mixing the ingredients: Once the ingredients are sourced, they are mixed together in a large mixing bowl or mixer. The ingredients may be added in specific ratios to ensure that the final product meets the desired nutritional profile.
  2. Grinding the mixture: After the ingredients are mixed together, they may be ground into a finer powder using a grinder or pulverizer. This process helps to ensure that the meal shake powder is smooth and easy to mix with liquids.

My guess the wholefoods are already dried and powdered at step 1. But the part that I missed is the second using a grinder or pulverizer to make it smooth and easy to mix? Not quite sure. I guess the best way is to contact one of these factory's that make these kind of shake powders. Now need to find one...

Ok that was way easier then I thought. Its called a private-label supplement company. Just found a bunch, gonna contact them.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.