The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making Your Dreams Reality - Reaching Your Goals

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
This was recently shared with me and I wanted to share it with you. I believe anyone can apply this to any part of their life, where ever they are.

There are six basic stages to move from dream to goal.
Begin with this mindset: According to your faith it will be done to you... Everything is possible for the person who has faith.

1. Allow your self TO dream.

2. Make a decision about your dream. In order to do this you must...
a. Invest in your dream.
b. Let go of security.
POWER NOTE: Don't ask anyone to support you until YOU are fully invested.

3. Expect delay. You have not learned what you need to know, or have not grown where you need to grow. Be patient and wait for it. (not to be confused with quitting or giving up)
POWER NOTE: Delay is not denial. A delay will never destroy the real purpose of your life.

4. There will be difficulty. You must be able to overcome two kinds of problems...
a. Your circumstances.
b. Your critics.

5. Expect to hit a dead end. This is where the miracle of your original mindset will come to light.

6. Recognize the deliverance. It is not the final destination or your goal that has brought you to where you are, it is what you have learned along the way, and the person you have become that has allowed your goal to become reality.
POWER NOTE: Everyone will experience a truly supernatural moment in their life... that is your second chance... don't waste it.

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen this happen within my own life, but what I do know is that it brings me great comfort knowing it is the truth.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Wow Kerry, great alliteration. :icon_super: ++speed.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Great stuff, Kerry. Especially good for us as we struggle w/changes as we move forward.

Rep speed for this-- thanks for sharing! :)

-Russ H.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
I know the most difficult part of these stages for me is the delay part. Sometimes I ask myself "what am I missing, why can't I get this to work, what do I need to do, what do I need to learn, where do I go from here?" And it is amazing, the moment I move away from focusing on what I want or what I have to do and turn my focus to what I really need and who can really help me (I find I cannot not get nearly as much done alone as I can with help), it works itself out and I realize that I have become just a little bit closer to the person that I really want to be. Absolutely priceless, to me it is a modern day miracle!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Great post ++rep :)

I couldn't agree more. ...I remember a couple of years ago when I first got the idea to open a non profit for troubled kids, my mom had suggested that I call some people who were already doing what I wanted to do. On the list of people to call were some friends of hers who ran a small school/outreach program for street kids. They spent about 3 hours on the phone with me and gave me the best piece of advice I had ever gotten to date: There is a life cycle to a dream. There is that initial point of the conception of a dream (the initial idea), then as the dream goes through its "gestational" period. There will be points where the dreamer isn't sure that they will be able to bring that dream to fruition; there will be ups and downs. There will be moments where all will seem for naught. This is normal and to be expected. It's in times like these where you won't feel 100% committed--and that's ok. Sometimes it's enough to just be 51% committed and call it a day. There's a saying by Mary Anne Radmacher there that really rings true for any entrepreneur: “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

So true.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Awesome thread Kerry, but....

What's the story with you two crazy kids having the same avatar?

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Awesome thread Kerry, but....

What's the story with you two crazy kids having the same avatar?

Look closely... they are not the same! (yeah, I've been reminded recently that I am a detail person)

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Okay, I should have said the same character. :rolleyes:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.