The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make friends, build relationships, and create win-wins

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

YouCanDoThis

Start with Empathy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 2, 2021
Europe
What's your takeaways?

- Difference between inbound vs outbound (new to marketing and I'm not a native English speaker)
- Reminder of the importance of treating human beings as human beings (aka manners)
- Make friends/help people first, make sales after

What will you do different going forward?

- Not just partake in a community to share stuff about me (I try to do this, but it's a stark reminder)
- Send more personal messages to give thanks (without wanting something in return)

And, hey, thank you for doing these interviews, Andy! :D

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
Hah, I wasn't aware my mic quality is so poor...

Anyway... Thanks, Andy, for having this chat!
Hope you guys like it! :)

Impacto

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2020
Bulgaria/Italy
I enjoyed the video. And I kinda needed it. The part about using Facebook groups really opened my eyes. I always stayed away from them, as my perception was that most groups are filled with degenerates and meaningless stuff, but that was just me making excuses for not spending some time to communicate with people I guess.

What are your takeaways? - Facebook groups are not so bad. And people. They are not so bad either.

What will you do differently going forward? -
Participate more. Help when you can, just be friendly and have fun. Don't be a tryhard and don't try to sell yourself there.

Thanks for this!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
What are your takeaways?
1. we can use Facebook to get clients.
2. we have to participate instead of promoting ourselves.
3. keep what you do short and easy to understand.
4. just encouraging people to contribute will work fine.

What will you do differently going forward? - I will just start doing this.

Questions not answered.

1. what is the ideal time for pushing or mentioning to people about the service we offer?
2. how to select an ideal group for getting clients. (most of the groups can be time drain)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1. what is the ideal time for pushing or mentioning to people about the service we offer?
I don’t push. I say what I do when I’m asked what I do. I prefer people don’t know as they automatically assume I’m there to get clients, so I personally say what I do when it would be rude or awkward not to.

2. how to select an ideal group for getting clients. (most of the groups can be time drain)
Hmmm... Selecting groups for getting clients is exactly what I don’t do. I look for groups I want to be in and participate in.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I don’t push. I say what I do when I’m asked what I do. I prefer people don’t know as they automatically assume I’m there to get clients, so I personally say what I do when it would be rude or awkward not to.
Like why do they ask, do you do something special or different, can you give an example.

Like people in this forum never asked me what i do, and I believe nobody cares

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Like why do they ask, do you do something special or different, can you give an example.

Like people in this forum never asked me what i do, and I believe nobody cares
Sometimes the group owner asks new members to say hello and introduce themselves and what they do. They *want* people to engage in those posts. It’s like in a live workshop when the instructor goes round the room asking everyone to introduce themselves.

Some groups have “Promo Thursday” where the group owners *wants* people to post what they do in case it could help other members. The group owner wants to have an engaged group. You’re doing them and the group a disservice by just lurking.

Other times I might answer a question about, say, growing a membership and they might then ask what my membership is about.

I had to wrack my brain to come up with these examples. It’s not a “strategy”, of pretending to be nice and helpful while waiting for your opportunity to promote.

Just imagine you’ve walked into a golf club filled with business owners in small groups chatting or working alone. How would you approach that? (I wrote about that somewhere but damned if I can find it...)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I believe nobody cares
Some people care.

A lot of people only care about what’s in it for them, in which case the question could be:

“Who/how can I be so people *want* to know more about me and what I do?”

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
here is my take on it.

I will go to groups, provide my service for free to 3 members(with admin permission) as an introductory post, If they don't get the results, I will pay them(in credits).

what do you think? (I am using who did you help today).

EDIT: also keeping in mind that my service should help that business.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
here is my take on it.

I will go to groups, provide my service for free to 3 members(with admin permission) as an introductory post, If they don't get the results, I will pay them(in credits).

what do you think? (I am using who did you help today).

EDIT: also keeping in mind that my service should help that business.
I've never done that. You could try it.

What's the results in this forum when someone brand new to the community posts an offer to do work for free? From what I've seen they don't get much take-up on it.
  1. The person is an unknown.
  2. Free isn't free. It means spending time and attention on a project.
  3. People are suspicious of free unless they know what's in it for you.

I even posted that I'd help people with free Google Ads calls when COVID hit and had maybe two people take me up on it (FREE chat about your Google Ads campaigns) - and that's me *already* well known in this community.

Saying that, I've seen it work. Someone posted their background and asked who'd be interested in 30 days Facebook Ads consulting and then a reduced rate if it worked out. He got a lot of traction.

So I think it's about how it's done. Free might not appeal to business owners as much as a reduced rate.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
  1. The person is an unknown.
  2. Free isn't free. It means spending time and attention on a project.
  3. People are suspicious of free unless they know what's in it for you.
as an entrepreneur we are problem solvers, let me think of creative ways to handle the opposition.

It's not a free offer, it's a paid offer. I will pay if you don't get results from the service(that's what I thought to build referrals and handle the objection). I also thought of the webinar but most educated people know that they usually are funnel

Nowadays I rely on data instead of gut feel, so I can't say without testing and getting real-world data.

no matter what happens I will be sure to update you on this forum.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's not a free offer, it's a paid offer. I will pay if you don't get results
I meant that business people know that “free” often isn’t free to them. They’ll have to devote time, energy, andd mental bandwidth to it. I turn down free all the time.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I meant that business people know that “free” often isn’t free to them. They’ll have to devote time, energy, andd mental bandwidth to it. I turn down free all the time.
yes andy, you are spot on.

I can deal with every objection but this.
how can we manipulate or influence to commit? that's a billion-dollar question.

I totally understand your point, but nobody knows for sure.

I'll share one quote

A HYPOTHESIS CAN’T BE RIGHT UNLESS IT CAN BE PROVEN WRONG,(for context)

It's a hypothesis worth proving wrong.​

sorry for going a bit statistical here.

Akil

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 26, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Sometimes the group owner asks new members to say hello and introduce themselves and what they do. They *want* people to engage in those posts. It’s like in a live workshop when the instructor goes round the room asking everyone to introduce themselves.

Some groups have “Promo Thursday” where the group owners *wants* people to post what they do in case it could help other members. The group owner wants to have an engaged group. You’re doing them and the group a disservice by just lurking.

Other times I might answer a question about, say, growing a membership and they might then ask what my membership is about.

I had to wrack my brain to come up with these examples. It’s not a “strategy”, of pretending to be nice and helpful while waiting for your opportunity to promote.

Just imagine you’ve walked into a golf club filled with business owners in small groups chatting or working alone. How would you approach that? (I wrote about that somewhere but damned if I can find it...)
I have been lurking on this website for a couple days now. But I decided to participate and be part of this amazing forum.

Thank for all the advice Andy. I started learning how to use Google Ads as my first skill to make money after reading many of your posts. I subscribed to your Google Ads Jumpstart course and finding everything I can on Google Ads.
My plan is to offer Google Ads as a service to local buisness owners in Germany.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have been lurking on this website for a couple days now. But I decided to participate and be part of this amazing forum.

Thank for all the advice Andy. I started learning how to use Google Ads as my first skill to make money after reading many of your posts. I subscribed to your Google Ads Jumpstart course and finding everything I can on Google Ads.
My plan is to offer Google Ads as a service to local buisness owners in Germany.
Awesome! Glad to have you onboard (in the forum and in my wee membership).

Have you watched the chat above? What were your takeaways?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.