The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lost my job. Give it to me straight how F*cked am i?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
What did you accomplish by this comment?

What do you want from this forum? You are telling an entrepreneur who could teach you the way to freedom to “go F*ck yourself”.

Way to win friends and influence people. :rolleyes:
Both @NervesOfSteel and @AgainstAllOdds7 could do for a dose of 'put your head down and work' for a week.
Lot of talk and little results. Maybe put that energy and time into getting things done.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 26, 2023
Both @NervesOfSteel and @AgainstAllOdds7 could do for a dose of 'put your head down and work' for a week.
Lot of talk and little results. Maybe put that energy and time into getting things done.

I am on a week long vacation as I don't have an interview to prepare for!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I am on a week long vacation as I don't have an interview to prepare for!
Provide value for the week. Help others. Encourage. Provide positivity. Make the world a better place.

On vacation doesn't mean you don't still get things done. Prepare, write up strategy, read / study / help others.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Mysel is F*cking killing it in the rug game right now, heard he recently broke $100K in sales.
mYsEl sHoULd sLoW dOwn if he wants a pErsOnaL LIFE.

Cudos to him though, 100k is more than I could spend in 3...

hours!

:rofl:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Who is mysel?
You are clearly not familiar with Sigmund Freud's theory on identity and the inner supper egg.

The super egg is like your ideal version of how you see yoursel.

Mysel is also when me sells the company for $1M and buys car to drive.

(MJ said no motorcycle!)

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 2, 2023
Learn a skill that you can freelance with and then freelance until you save up enough money for 6 months of living expenses. Then go into business 100 percent on your main idea. Freelancing is better than a job and you will just be using it to fund your life and getting your actual business idea off the ground.

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
I agree lmao. These dudes j
I’ve had people in this thread laugh at me saying I got another job. I’ve literally haven’t fought one thing here I’m all ears to listen. I only fought against those that said insulted my character and intelligence with no basis and zero help lol
vntonio did you mean to do poopoo emoji on your pfp? Embarrassing

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
What did you accomplish by this comment?

What do you want from this forum? You are telling an entrepreneur who could teach you the way to freedom to “go F*ck yourself”.

Way to win friends and influence people. :rolleyes:
Y’all are dumb as F*ck you expect me to just take insults? It’s funny how when I REapond I’m the bad guy. Haha. Y’all better be here in 5 years.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Once I’m confident I can walk on my own two feet in entrepreneurship I’ll make the jump and never look back

I thought the same thing at your age. Now I'm 20 years older than you, and the truth is I still haven't started anything 100% on my own.

I don't regret the way I've lived my life, I have two growing companies (with partners) and I should have my third off the ground soon.

Of course, I've been saying that for at least a couple of years here on this forum.

My point is, what if all that confidence turns into decades of waiting and not jumping?

Y’all are dumb as F*ck you expect me to just take insults? It’s funny how when I REapond I’m the bad guy. Haha. Y’all better be here in 5 years.

Or what?

I referenced that Johnny Boy story from back in the day. But back in the day, Johnny had a plan. Johnny spent 5ish years working on that plan. And look where he is today.

That's the difference.

All you have is bravado. And we all see it. I stuck up for you, and I asked you a very direct question. I haven't seen an actual answer.

What are your next steps?

What in the world makes you think that you will have a successful business in five years if you can't answer this simple question?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Everyone is dumb as F*ck but you can't even spell the simplest words correctly.

I gave you some leash and hoped you would pivot, but like an idiot, you chose to hang yourself with it.

But what makes it worse, you have an entitled God-complex incapable of taking even the smallest amount of criticism. Oh the irony of "give it to me straight" and you can't take anything straight, curved, or zigged.

I'm not going to have you insult every single person who has tried to help you here. Help yourself, you F*cking moron.

So count me in: NGMI.

And good luck with the job, hopefully you won't end up serving me my coffee. But yea, maybe when you don't have the money to pay your bills, you can rip off your shirt.

And BTW, women don't like controlling meatheads who can't even put gas in their Civic.

Good riddance.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This bro has been banned and is beyond help. Thing is, he's been here before and posted a lot of bullshit then as well.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 26, 2023
Now I fairly understand why he lost his job. LOL.

Edit: It's not funny guys. His previous company would miss him as much as I do! He was a real "team player" .. LOL

Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Everyone is dumb as F*ck but you can't even spell the simplest words correctly.

I gave you some leash and hoped you would pivot, but like an idiot, you chose to hang yourself with it.

But what makes it worse, you have an entitled God-complex incapable of taking even the smallest amount of criticism. Oh the irony of "give it to me straight" and you can't take anything straight, curved, or zigged.

I'm not going to have you insult every single person who has tried to help you here. Help yourself, you F*cking moron.

So count me in: NGMI.

And good luck with the job, hopefully you won't end up serving me my coffee. But yea, maybe when you don't have the money to pay your bills, you can rip off your shirt.

And BTW, women don't like controlling meatheads who can't even put gas in their Civic.

Good riddance.
LOOOOOOOL I’m literarily rolling on the floor… laughing.

MJ if you weren’t wealthy, I’d recommend comedy as your industry :rofl:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
Since Eric's Cheesecake was referenced, it reminded me of this other thread which I think is worth celebrating, as it's the exact OPPOSITE of the Eric's Cheesecake situation.

Check out this little interchange for a breath of fresh air. (OP is @f.laengle )
It will probably take a few months for us to expand to the UK. But if you want to, I can see how it is possible to send you some of the Relish :) I have to figure out how the shipping works for food products. If you have some patience, we can surely arrange it. DM me if you want some Relish and I'll see what I can do!

Will send a DM to get some relish, I’ll be patient til you can figure shipping!

I found something from DHL here: Päckchen international | DHL
I will do a bit more research before sending it this way. Maybe there is something like special shipping because of the glass/food inside.
It's a lot cheaper than I expected tho.
There was a company, that my flatmate used to order bone broth (Knochenbrühe), when I was living in Germany. He used to pay 60+€ for 6 jars, 15-17€ of them went into transport. They have packed it seperately with air balloons (Luftkissen)

My google gives me a lot of such products. I used to order sauce like yours from the internet as well, they came normally, wrapped in bubble sheets. I think that would be enough.

I think this should be doable. If the shipping is only inside of Switzerland it will be a lot easier. Looking forward to solving this problem for the international market as soon as it's neccessary!
Because one of the values of the sauce is the ecological aspect, I'll probably try to use the least amount of plastics. There is some sort of "paper bubble sheet" which is quite common in packaging. I'll probably go with this if possible.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Or what?

I referenced that Johnny Boy story from back in the day. But back in the day, Johnny had a plan. Johnny spent 5ish years working on that plan. And look where he is today.

That's the difference.

All you have is bravado. And we all see it. I stuck up for you, and I asked you a very direct question. I haven't seen an actual answer.

What are your next steps?

What in the world makes you think that you will have a successful business in five years if you can't answer this simple question?

I thought I would be quiet about this but I think there is a further lesson here for readers. It has been brought to my attention that I asked this person what their 5 year plan was... back in 2019!

5 years later, and all there is to show for it is more bravado and a 4 month runway and more promises about how different it will be in 5 years.

Think about that.

Let that sink in reader.

5 years gone by. If this person showed half the dedication to business that they do to their body, they'd be at least close to being a millionaire by now.

I still haven't started anything 100% on my own.

I don't regret the way I've lived my life, I have two growing companies (with partners) and I should have my third off the ground soon.

Of course, I've been saying that for at least a couple of years here on this forum.

My point is, what if all that confidence turns into decades of waiting and not jumping?

I know I get treated like a heavy hitter around here, but I am still a small fry in the grand scheme. The one thing I am doing perhaps better than others is finding under performing businesses, getting a foot in the door, growing it, and earning my way to partnership.

But very few people on this forum think to do this. And it required a varied and deep skill set to even get to that point.

Plus, having partners dramtically lowers the multiplication factor of my growth.

Now, it's my life and I chose this life in full knowledge of these facts.

But you, dear reader, don't have to follow in my footsteps, and you definitely shouldn't follow in the OP's footsteps.

There is no secret. There is no magic bullet.

Get out there. Start building something. Fortune tends to favor those bold enough to be in motion.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Truthful answer, your not, I was in a position like yourself 6 months ago. Employment is still possible you just have to find it.

One of the things I'm becoming aware of is how I think and the choices I've made from my past.

Your not running out of time, your running out of time finding solutions to your problems. Situations like this doesn't need to be dramatic.

You've lost your job, great. Now that you've lost, it's time to look forward and find the next opportunity. What should be your plan of action next?

Well you need a Income source from somewhere to keep going. Good, now that we have defined that. We know what we have to do. We have to go thr marketplace and find a job temporarily until our business or plan is executed to replace it.

I've learned from a manager from the previous contract that there are going to be external events that you cannot control. I tried to understand why I wasn't able to get on full-time at my previous contract. My previous manager told me it was never going to happen. Plus, I was stressing myself out all time around the contract that I lost focus on everything else.

Good thing though is, I paid off most of my active credit cards:D.

Two. You have to be aware of your situation. Example, I can't go back to the way I use to live. I.e. the sidewalk. Old way, meaning applying for credit cards and racking them up again/not paying them back. Too much consumption. Not enough production.

I had to learn my behaviors towards value Vouchers. Take a $5 dollar bill, what do you see? What does your mind want to do with it? We can either save it into our money system or spend it. It's a Harsh reality to face, but we need to start being aware of our choices, how we spend our time, and what we do when external events like losing a job, getting into a wreck happen. Perspective can help with this.

I've been adapting/learning to see these events from different angles. Such as maybe credit card situation for me was suppose to happen, maybe theirs a lesson in this? What am I suppose to learn in this situation? Losing a job. Maybe it was suppose to happen? Maybe their something else out there that I can do that I am not aware. Losing a girlfriend, maybe theirs a better partner I can get to know/love than the previous one.

Hope this helps.

As my old boss what say "What moves the needle, foward Zack?"

This lesson was hard for me to learn as I always wanted to learn why things happen, but sometimes you never will know. You have to find acceptance for how things are, learn from the mistakes, and move on or look forward.

So what how are you moving forward?

Last edited:

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I personally don't suggest having a job. Start freelancing instead. You'll have more freedom and make more money than by working a low-end job.
I suppose it depends on your job. I'm not going to make more money freelancing compared to my current job. If I want to work less hours, I can work a different schedule.

That being said, most people may do better freelancing... if they can hack it.

I’ve had people in this thread laugh at me saying I got another job. I’ve literally haven’t fought one thing here I’m all ears to listen. I only fought against those that said insulted my character and intelligence with no basis and zero help lol
You make it so hard to root for you. I don't care about your excuses. I don't need to read your justifications for your responses. If you want people to give you their honest response, stop fighting and start listening.

if you just let shit roll off, you would probably gain a lot of insight from these responses. However, you seem so focused on your ego. It is annoying to watch.

If you don't want peoples opinion, then stop asking for them.

Edit: Just noticed he was banned. Good riddance.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hey there OP...remember your username.

I think you mixed him up with another veteran guy here with the same user name but without the '7'.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I suppose it depends on your job. I'm not going to make more money freelancing compared to my current job. If I want to work less hours, I can work a different schedule.

That being said, most people may do better freelancing... if they can hack it.
I agree, but it also depends on your goals. If you want to be an entrepreneur, personally I recommend not bothering with a job. Learn to find your own prey and eat every day. Even if you have less money at first. What you'll learn as part of that journey is invaluable. You'll learn that you can earn your existence without a job – you'll never need to hold a job to make money after that. That is priceless IMO – it gives you a confidence and a foundation for starting a business that the jobbies will never have.

I am also known for recommending not being an entrepreneur and getting a job if you want to get rich easy... or well, relatively easy. My cousin is a millionaire – from his job. He was at the right time, in an early stage startup that blew up to billions.

Or become an oncologist or something... get paid $400K+/year by the time you're in your mid 30s. Guaranteed millionaire.

So much easier than starting a business. Like why would you put yourself through this torture just to have $5 or so millions at the end of 10-15 years?! That's ridiculous IMO.

Much much easier to join an entrepreneur, become his trusted lieutenant, and ride your way to millions on his coattails.

Or just get one of those high-paying jobs in finance, medicine, software or tech sales.

All of those options will virtually guarantee you become a millionaire. Will it be "hard"? Well, sure. It's not easy to spend 8 hours/day studying for medicine, attending conferences and other bullshit. But it's infinitely easier than starting a business, of that I can assure you. Here's why: there's a clear roadmap. If you want to become a millionaire oncologist, there's no uncertainty. You always know what you need to do next. The only challenge is the challenge of discipline, actually doing it. But the steps are always crystal clear.

But in business, even if you have discipline and you work super hard, you can still fail. In fact, I'd say the odds are still stuck against you, because not only do you need to be very disciplined, you need to create your own roadmap too. And that is 10,000x harder than just being disciplined.

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Oct 26, 2023
I agree, but it also depends on your goals. If you want to be an entrepreneur, personally I recommend not bothering with a job. Learn to find your own prey and eat every day. Even if you have less money at first. What you'll learn as part of that journey is invaluable. You'll learn that you can earn your existence without a job – you'll never need to hold a job to make money after that. That is priceless IMO – it gives you a confidence and a foundation for starting a business that the jobbies will never have.

I am also known for recommending not being an entrepreneur and getting a job if you want to get rich easy... or well, relatively easy. My cousin is a millionaire – from his job. He was at the right time, in an early stage startup that blew up to billions.

Or become an oncologist or something... get paid $400K+/year by the time you're in your mid 30s. Guaranteed millionaire.

So much easier than starting a business. Like why would you put yourself through this torture just to have $5 or so millions at the end of 10-15 years?! That's ridiculous IMO.

Much much easier to join an entrepreneur, become his trusted lieutenant, and ride your way to millions on his coattails.

Or just get one of those high-paying jobs in finance, medicine, software or tech sales.

All of those options will virtually guarantee you become a millionaire. Will it be "hard"? Well, sure. It's not easy to spend 8 hours/day studying for medicine, attending conferences and other bullshit. But it's infinitely easier than starting a business, of that I can assure you. Here's why: there's a clear roadmap. If you want to become a millionaire oncologist, there's no uncertainty. You always know what you need to do next. The only challenge is the challenge of discipline, actually doing it. But the steps are always crystal clear.

But in business, even if you have discipline and you work super hard, you can still fail. In fact, I'd say the odds are still stuck against you, because not only do you need to be very disciplined, you need to create your own roadmap too. And that is 10,000x harder than just being disciplined.
hm...

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I think you mixed him up with another veteran guy here with the same user name but without the '7'.
Huh? That guy was a giant vagina. That's why he quit.

In fact, if you check the records, I made him quit.

He joined forces with @BizyDad trying to discipline me for selling a course on fastlane, and when they failed, he went crying about "personal branding" on the forum and quit. @BizyDad persisted – he's still hunting me to this day. We'll have to see who the last man standing is – but I'm confident, I have the advantage of youth over my alter ego :rofl: (but he has more wisdom than me, that much is true – nevertheless Bizy, I removed all self-promotional links from my signature, let's hear what you have to say now!)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqZaoR5NBiY&ab_channel=50Cent

Last edited:

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Oct 26, 2023
IMG_20240402_111801.jpg
find interesting that although he did achieve in fitness, he didn't post a single thing into the thread since.

my takeaways are to change when needed and learn from mistakes.
first is to stop consuming more than producing.

Hein Oosthuysen

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jan 8, 2023
South Africa
I thought I would be quiet about this but I think there is a further lesson here for readers. It has been brought to my attention that I asked this person what their 5 year plan was... back in 2019!

5 years later, and all there is to show for it is more bravado and a 4 month runway and more promises about how different it will be in 5 years.

Think about that.

Let that sink in reader.

5 years gone by. If this person showed half the dedication to business that they do to their body, they'd be at least close to being a millionaire by now.

I know I get treated like a heavy hitter around here, but I am still a small fry in the grand scheme. The one thing I am doing perhaps better than others is finding under performing businesses, getting a foot in the door, growing it, and earning my way to partnership.

But very few people on this forum think to do this. And it required a varied and deep skill set to even get to that point.

Plus, having partners dramtically lowers the multiplication factor of my growth.

Now, it's my life and I chose this life in full knowledge of these facts.

But you, dear reader, don't have to follow in my footsteps, and you definitely shouldn't follow in the OP's footsteps.

There is no secret. There is no magic bullet.

Get out there. Start building something. Fortune tends to favor those bold enough to be in motion.
A sobering reminder. Thank you.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
or if I hid an apple under a cloth you would think that it disappeared and doesn't exist anymore

Im late to this thread but this had me in tears :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.