The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking to increase website design knowledge. Where to start ?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

BizPrep

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 17, 2019
I am currently off due to COVID and would like to learn new skills beginning with website design. Could anyone recommend where to start?

My goals are to:

Be able to service and design my own website

Thanks in advance for the input.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sandholdt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 3, 2018
I am currently off due to COVID and would like to learn new skills beginning with website design. Could anyone recommend where to start?

My goals are to:

@Fox from the forum actually have a course teaching just that - and much more.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
html and css in codeacademy, then wpcrafter youtube channel was great for me to learn wordpress. Then for design, there's a good course by flixframe - just google them.

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
I

My goals are to:

I will suggest WordPress as well. I will buy a couple of cheap course from Udemy to get started if I were you.

Peal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 4, 2020
Western U.S.
What kind of site? If you’re planning on building sites for local businesses or to convey some basic information, you should consider a builder like Wix. No point in learning how to code if you’re not trying to do anything custom or advanced or make a living as a designer.

For e-commerce, Shopify is quick and easy. Allbjrds still runs on Shopify and it doesn’t require any coding knowledge.

That said, learning to code via one of the platforms mentioned above is not one of the worst ways to spend your time.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

My goals are to:

Start with learnign about UI/UX: Online Courses - Anytime, Anywhere | Udemy

Then learn your tools:

HTML/CSS: W3Schools Online Web Tutorials
Photoshop: Online Courses - Anytime, Anywhere | Udemy

After learning all of these you can go in a couple of directions.
Depends on what will you be designing.

If you want to service and design your own website, then you also need to learn about hosting and domains.
But that part is easy.

Arnaud.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 8, 2019
Hello,
Whenever you do you must know HTML and CSS. Why? You can use a builder: Wik, Squarespace ... But you won't get the basics, you can't do exactly what you want and if there is some issues, you won't fix them. There are tones of tutorials on internet: HTML5 and CSS3.

As web developer, How many times I had to fix builder sh*** ...

In parallel, you should learn the rules about user experience - what is good to do and more important what not to do and SEO to promote correctly your website.

Tools ? You can use Microsoft Visual Studio Code for programming and Adobe XD which is a freeware to building interfaces (better than photoshop for that).

The last but not the least : learn how to copywriting and convert leads !

That sound a lot of things to do, but it's like the tip of the iceberg. Please, let us know what you really what to want to do - we could give beter advices.

Arnaud

Fland

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 8, 2016
I'm currently taking the course "Webdesign for Everybody" from the University of Michigan on Coursera. When you audit it, it's free.
I'm also doing the Responsive Web Design Certification on freecodecamp.
Both of these courses have lessons and practical example, to finish you'll have to build some projects.

I'm in my third week of studying and so far see a good progress, where I'm already able to create simple HTML/CSS pages. You can also link the certificates obtained to Linkedin which is a nice way to show of your skills.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.