The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Local Gatherings?

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
With all the talk about B&P, just wondering if some of the represented areas here have had any local gatherings?

I ask this b/c I really would like to get a regular meetup group going in Chicago, even if it's only 5 or 6 people, just to discuss ideas, set and hold each other accountable for goals and most of all, to meet and hang out with fellow fastlaners! Some of the steps I took were to start a group on facebook(see sig :smxB:) as well as a sub-group here and while I have gotten about 5 members here interested still haven't gathered any steam towards an initial meet n' greet, I know the holidays are upon us and everyone is busy, but it's never too early to start planning for a fastlane New Year :coolgleamA:

Anyone who has had success with this please chime in- Cali people? AZ people?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
You could start with a coffee shop gathering to meet people.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Meetup.com is a great place to organize these types of meetings. Go to your city and contact the people who are waiting for meetings to be organized similar to your topic.

We finally have an "e-biz" owners meetup going here in Edmonton and it has been excellent.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
940%
Jun 7, 2008
I'm part of the Chicagoland Fastlane group with Clint and Erik...I think we were all just really busy during finals and now, as you said, during the holidays.

I would definitely be interested in trying to get something like a New Years gathering going. We could set our goals for the year and have checkpoints along the way to monitor progress.

Is there any other interest here from the Chicagoland area? Clint, maybe you could send out a message to the group?

-Alex

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Will do Alex, it's just tough b/c facebook is blocked now at work(b/c of the virus threat a couple weeks back and maybe it's still blocked b/c of it's effect on "productivity" :nono:) and I don't get much time to check it at home since the only computer time is devoted to these forums :smxB:

I am also trying to get a few of my friends on here including Franklin(he's in the facebook group) and my friend Matt who recently had the "there's no way I'm sitting behind a desk for the rest of my life" epiphany and quit his well-paying engineering job to work on his music/teaching goals!

On that note, hopefully Erik can chime in here and possibly John and Tom and this can sprout off to an official "Chicago gatherings" thread :coolgleamA:

As for this thread, I want it to be a soundboard for any of the other areas where there are several fastlaners that have either had a few local get-togethers or would like to set some up and don't forget they don't have to be all "business", but at the same time not all :smx6:

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Local gathering are great - - but if you aren't able to get enough interest in a particular area, consider doing a long distance mastermind group.

You can form an email group, do a conference call once a week, and maybe try to plan a face to face once or twice a year.

A group of us have been doing this and it has been awesome.

We hold each other accountable
brainstorm solutions and ideas
support through tough times
give tough love when necessary.

It rocks!

(all of this is just a back-up-idea for those that are not able to be involved in a local group) ;)

:eek:fftopic:

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Local gathering are great - - but if you aren't able to get enough interest in a particular area, consider doing a long distance mastermind group.

You can form an email group, do a conference call once a week, and maybe try to plan a face to face once or twice a year.

It rocks!

(all of this is just a back-up-idea for those that are not able to be involved in a local group) ;)

Great advice!

Several of us get together when we are in each other areas. Ive met a few members this way. It really is nice to get together and share ideas.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I am guilty....

I live like 5 miles --or probably less, from another forum member, and we haven't met yet.... shame on me! That's gonna have to wait till next year anyhow :D

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

It rocks!

I can attest to this. It works.:thumbsup:

Also I just used Meetup.com to find out there is a local cashflow group around here. I signed up and may start playing CF more often. Thanks Jonleehacker. +++speed

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
lol, no need for the :eek:fftopic: ATW you :smash:

while the same goals can be accomplished via conference calls, webinars, etc it just isn't the same as meeting face to face IMO, but those are definitely great ideas to make this community even closer!!!

Bilge- that's how I met Sean(MrPink) he was on a cross-country roadtrip that went through Chicago and we met for coffee, funny since that's what the Mrs. and I love to do- ROADTRIPS :smxB:

White8

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 6, 2007
Salem, OR
How about a search on the site that would allow users to search for members within a geographic area so local groups could be built?

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Yeah if only the originator of the thread would get off his lazy a$$ and update it.

maybe if he didn't post about it on another thread he'd have the time to do it :smx9:

by my count it looks like the Greater Chicagoland area has 6 active members- me(Clint), Alex(G_Alexander), Tom(werbl), Erik(ErikV10), John(J P D), and Gus(GLC 65)

and don't forget that the man himself(MJ) is originally a Chicagoan :hurray:

as far as other areas it would be nice to keep count of whoever has posted within the last month and where they're from to keep an updated list so we can get some local gatherings going, I know my main focus is the Chicago area and of course B&P which is looking like the last weekend of Feb will be the winner which means getting a plane ticket by the end of the week!

And oh yea- MERRY XMAS EVE to all(and Happy Hanukkah as well since it's this week as well) :coolgleamA:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
maybe if he didn't post about it on another thread he'd have the time to do it :smx9:

by my count it looks like the Greater Chicagoland area has 6 active members- me(Clint), Alex(G_Alexander), Tom(werbl), Erik(ErikV10), John(J P D), and Gus(GLC 65)

and don't forget that the man himself(MJ) is originally a Chicagoan :hurray:

as far as other areas it would be nice to keep count of whoever has posted within the last month and where they're from to keep an updated list so we can get some local gatherings going, I know my main focus is the Chicago area and of course B&P which is looking like the last weekend of Feb will be the winner which means getting a plane ticket by the end of the week!

And oh yea- MERRY XMAS EVE to all(and Happy Hanukkah as well since it's this week as well) :coolgleamA:

Ryan_Taylor is a member here and is in Chicago. He doesn't come here very often. I have spoken with him several times. Nice guy. You might look him up.:cheers:

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
i think i've seen a few posts by him, but yea, would like to keep up with current active members so I know the PM's inviting them to a local gathering gets read :smxB:

also, don't want this to just be about Chicago, although I do want to make sure we get some gatherings soon, I want to encourage other regions to get regular gatherings so that B&P is not our only exposure to each other :coolgleamA:

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics