What's new

Advice Needed Local Appliance Repair Lead-Gen Working — Need Help Structuring Operations & Liability

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Brian213

New Contributor
- Member -
Joined
May 16, 2024
Messages
48
Rep Bank
$245
User Power: 73%
Looking for advice on local lead gen model for appliance repair

I’ve been approaching local service businesses, specifically appliance repair technicians, offering web design services. Most of them show interest because some have zero digital presence, while others only have a basic Google Business Profile.


I usually show them a demo site. They like it, seem happy with it, and then nothing happens. I get ghosted.


So I started doing my own research and noticed that the appliance repair niche in my local area looked fairly low competition. I created my own website that connects customers with local repair technicians, indexed it on Google, and started ranking on page 1.


After that, I looked into running Google Ads. I watched a few YouTube and TikTok videos on setting up a simple local campaign, set a low budget, and ran a campaign for fridge repairs.


On the first day, I landed a customer.

Because I didn’t yet have a technician properly lined up, I quickly contacted one of the technicians I had previously approached for web design. I told him I had a customer waiting and asked if he could help her. At first, he thought it was a scam, so I told him he could take the customer for free.


Later that day, he messaged me asking how I got the customer. The job turned out to be worth R1,500, so he was happy and thanked me.


As the week progressed, I started landing around one customer per day and sending them to him.


Then I looked at improving the call-to-action because in South Africa, WhatsApp is used for almost everything. I created a WhatsApp Business profile and listed the main calls-to-action as WhatsApp and “Call Now.”


This past week, I landed 10 customers. Most of the repairs were worth over R1,000. A few days ago, an insurance company even called me asking if I could send a technician out to assess a client’s appliance.

The issue I’m facing now is operations.

I work Monday to Friday at a chemical plant, so when customers call or message me during the day, I have to try to answer them while also relaying the information to the technician. I’m stuck in the middle. I’ve missed calls and replied to messages too late, and every missed lead costs me money because I’m paying for Google Ads.

I’m also still new to Google Ads. So far, the setup seems to be working, and I haven’t changed much yet. Also look to further my knowledge on this also Andy Black I followed your exact instructions on putting what people search for in the Ad and on the landing page.

This week, I messaged the technician and told him I could put his details on the website for R600 per week, mainly to cover my ad costs and make a small profit.


Another option I’m considering is keeping the current setup as it is and getting my brother to handle the WhatsApp messages and calls as a dispatcher. The problem is liability. If something goes wrong with a repair, or if the customer is unhappy, I’m worried they may look at me as the person responsible.


So I’m looking for advice from anyone who has done something similar.


What is the best way to structure this going forward?


Should I rent the site to one technician weekly/monthly?


Should I keep myself as the lead handler and charge per lead?


Should I pass calls directly to the technician?


How do I reduce liability if the repair goes wrong?


I’m also thinking about expanding this model into other niches and other areas, but before I do that, I know I need a proper plan for handling the leads.


Any advice from people who have built or operated a local lead-gen model like this would be appreciated.

My main Google Ads questions are:


  1. Should I keep the campaign running while I fix the lead-handling process?
  2. Should I send traffic to one main appliance repair page, or separate pages for fridge, washing machine, stove, and aircon repairs?
  3. Should I keep using WhatsApp and calls as the main conversion actions, or force enquiries through a form first?
  4. What should I track before deciding this model is worth scaling?
  5. How do I avoid wasting ad spend while I’m still testing?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3668.webp
    IMG_3668.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 4
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Muuloph gus efwodi up mudem mief hip nufim gus eqqmoepdi siqeos

O’wi ciip eqqsuedjoph mudem tiswodi catopittit, tqidogodemmz eqqmoepdi siqeos vidjpodoept, uggisoph xic fitohp tiswodit. Nutv ug vjin tjux opvisitv cideati tuni jewi bisu fohovem qsitipdi, xjomi uvjist upmz jewi e cetod Huuhmi Catopitt Qsugomi.


O ataemmz tjux vjin e finu tovi. Vjiz moli ov, tiin jeqqz xovj ov, epf vjip puvjoph jeqqipt. O hiv hjutvif.


Tu O tvesvif fuoph nz uxp sitiesdj epf puvodif vjev vji eqqmoepdi siqeos podji op nz mudem esie muulif geosmz mux dunqivovoup. O dsievif nz uxp xictovi vjev duppidvt datvunist xovj mudem siqeos vidjpodoept, opfiyif ov up Huuhmi, epf tvesvif seploph up qehi 1.


Egvis vjev, O muulif opvu sappoph Huuhmi Eft. O xevdjif e gix ZuaVaci epf VolVul wofiut up tivvoph aq e tonqmi mudem denqeohp, tiv e mux cafhiv, epf sep e denqeohp gus gsofhi siqeost.


Up vji gostv fez, O mepfif e datvunis.

Cideati O fofp’v ziv jewi e vidjpodoep qsuqismz mopif aq, O raodlmz dupvedvif upi ug vji vidjpodoept O jef qsiwouatmz eqqsuedjif gus xic fitohp. O vumf jon O jef e datvunis xeovoph epf etlif og ji duamf jimq jis. Ev gostv, ji vjuahjv ov xet e tden, tu O vumf jon ji duamf veli vji datvunis gus gsii.


Mevis vjev fez, ji nittehif ni etloph jux O huv vji datvunis. Vji kuc vaspif uav vu ci xusvj S1,500, tu ji xet jeqqz epf vjeplif ni.


Et vji xiil qsuhsittif, O tvesvif mepfoph esuapf upi datvunis qis fez epf tipfoph vjin vu jon.


Vjip O muulif ev onqsuwoph vji demm-vu-edvoup cideati op Tuavj Egsode, XjevtEqq ot atif gus emnutv iwiszvjoph. O dsievif e XjevtEqq Catopitt qsugomi epf motvif vji neop demmt-vu-edvoup et XjevtEqq epf “Demm Pux.”


Vjot qetv xiil, O mepfif 10 datvunist. Nutv ug vji siqeost xisi xusvj uwis S1,000. E gix fezt ehu, ep optasepdi dunqepz iwip demmif ni etloph og O duamf tipf e vidjpodoep uav vu ettitt e dmoipv’t eqqmoepdi.

Vji ottai O’n gedoph pux ot uqisevoupt.

O xusl Nupfez vu Gsofez ev e djinodem qmepv, tu xjip datvunist demm us nittehi ni fasoph vji fez, O jewi vu vsz vu eptxis vjin xjomi emtu simezoph vji opgusnevoup vu vji vidjpodoep. O’n tvadl op vji noffmi. O’wi nottif demmt epf siqmoif vu nittehit vuu mevi, epf iwisz nottif mief dutvt ni nupiz cideati O’n qezoph gus Huuhmi Eft.

O’n emtu tvomm pix vu Huuhmi Eft. Tu ges, vji tivaq tiint vu ci xusloph, epf O jewip’v djephif nadj ziv. Emtu muul vu gasvjis nz lpuxmifhi up vjot emtu Epfz Cmedl O gummuxif zuas iyedv optvsadvoupt up qavvoph xjev qiuqmi tiesdj gus op vji Ef epf up vji mepfoph qehi.

Vjot xiil, O nittehif vji vidjpodoep epf vumf jon O duamf qav jot fiveomt up vji xictovi gus S600 qis xiil, neopmz vu duwis nz ef dutvt epf neli e tnemm qsugov.


Epuvjis uqvoup O’n duptofisoph ot liiqoph vji dassipv tivaq et ov ot epf hivvoph nz csuvjis vu jepfmi vji XjevtEqq nittehit epf demmt et e fotqevdjis. Vji qsucmin ot moecomovz. Og tunivjoph huit xsuph xovj e siqeos, us og vji datvunis ot apjeqqz, O’n xussoif vjiz nez muul ev ni et vji qistup sitquptocmi.


Tu O’n muuloph gus efwodi gsun epzupi xju jet fupi tunivjoph tonomes.


Xjev ot vji citv xez vu tvsadvasi vjot huoph gusxesf?


Tjuamf O sipv vji tovi vu upi vidjpodoep xiilmz/nupvjmz?


Tjuamf O liiq nztimg et vji mief jepfmis epf djeshi qis mief?


Tjuamf O qett demmt fosidvmz vu vji vidjpodoep?


Jux fu O sifadi moecomovz og vji siqeos huit xsuph?


O’n emtu vjoploph ecuav iyqepfoph vjot nufim opvu uvjis podjit epf uvjis esiet, cav cigusi O fu vjev, O lpux O piif e qsuqis qmep gus jepfmoph vji mieft.


Epz efwodi gsun qiuqmi xju jewi caomv us uqisevif e mudem mief-hip nufim moli vjot xuamf ci eqqsidoevif.

Nz neop Huuhmi Eft raitvoupt esi:


  1. Tjuamf O liiq vji denqeohp sappoph xjomi O goy vji mief-jepfmoph qsuditt?
  2. Tjuamf O tipf vseggod vu upi neop eqqmoepdi siqeos qehi, us tiqesevi qehit gus gsofhi, xetjoph nedjopi, tvuwi, epf eosdup siqeost?
  3. Tjuamf O liiq atoph XjevtEqq epf demmt et vji neop dupwistoup edvoupt, us gusdi ipraosoit vjsuahj e gusn gostv?
  4. Xjev tjuamf O vsedl cigusi fidofoph vjot nufim ot xusvj tdemoph?
  5. Jux fu O ewuof xetvoph ef tqipf xjomi O’n tvomm vitvoph?

Exituni tvagg


Tdseqi e motv ug emm vji eqqmoepdi siqeos dunqepoit op zuas esie atoph uavtdseqis.dun epf tipf e viyv cmetv vu vjin xovj HuJohjMiwim. Tez vjev zua’si ep uwiscuulif dunqepz epf zua piif uvjis dunqepoit vu veli kuct, zua’mm howi vjin 60%. Epzupi xju’t opvisitvif dep gomm op e Huuhmi gusn xovj vjios opgu.


Jewi zuas csuvjis veli vji demmt, epf xjip e kuc dunit op zua dep viyv cmetv iwiszupi xju gommif op vji gusn epf ettohp ov vu vji gostv qistup xju sitqupft.


Og qiuqmi etl jux zua’si hivvoph tu nepz kuct, ivd vjip zua dep sipv ov uav vu vjin nezci og zua’f qsigis vu hu vjev suavi


Og vjiz csiel tuniupi’t gsofhi pu upi xomm duni egvis zua cideati zua’si puv e siem dunqepz, zua fofp’v fu vji xusl, epf zua esi katv sappoph eft gus vji dunqepoit. Og zua esi siemmz dupdispif vjip zua dep katv hiv catopitt optasepdi
 
Vjeplt gus giifcedl @qisdjcuz O vjuahjv ecuav vjot cav nz ofie xet dsievoph e xjev’teqq hsuaq ug mudem vidjpodoept epf xjip e kuc dunit op O qutv op vjot hsuaq epf gostv qistup vu nittehi ni hivt vji kuc.

Emtu O vjuahjv ug xjev xomm neli vjopht ietois vu hiv emm opgusnevoup gsun datvunis op upi nittehi tu O tex vjisi xet e xez vu dsievi e gusn up xic qehi cav xjip zua jov tipf nittehi ov deqvasit iwiszvjoph vjiz gommif op 1 XjevtEqq nittehi epf moplif ov Huuhmi tjiivt.

Piwis onqminipv ov ziv juqigammz ov nelit ov ietois tu O deqvasi iwiszvjoph op upi hu op 1 nittehi qmat ov deqvasit op Huuhmi tjiivt tu O dep vsedl ov xjev fu zua vjopl ecuav vjiti ofiet?

O en huoph djidl uav uavtdseqis epf Hujohjmiwim piwis atif vjiti cigusi.

Evvedjif e qodvasi ug tenqmi gusn O dsievif moplif vu XjevtEqq.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3678.webp
    IMG_3678.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 4
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom