The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lex DeVille's: 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less

The Merry Mystic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 18, 2017
England
I just watched a podcast about it while doing the guide haha. Don't really believe it but a martial artist I admired was talking about it...
Got a job for $7 to write a 600 word article. If all goes well the client will be ordering 2 more articles.
SinisterLex, is it a benefit to scoring a copywriting gig by getting job ratings outside of copywriting?
Aha, well I don't want to derail this thread so all I'll say is check out Eric Dubay YouTube videos and you'll find the science checks out. Name me one time water doesn't seek it's own level and wraps around a rock in nature? It only happens in CG images and films like Star Wars (sorry SinisterLex, good films though). I wouldn't mention something like flat earth on this forum but I thought you were dropping an encoded message LOL.

Anyway, congrats on your job buddy! Just got my first feedback. I'm delving into learning more about copywriting, brand voices etc so my second job will be some proper CW and not content creation. There's a few good videos on skillshare.com. I think any job's good for a first feedback, though, so you're social proofed for the bigger CW jobs?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just noticed this had 90,000 views so I marked it NOTABLE. (Note: I have not read the thread, but I'm guessing 90,000 views warrants some goodness.)

For those of you who have consumed the 15 pages and think it should be GOLD, tag me.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Just noticed this had 90,000 views so I marked it NOTABLE. (Note: I have not read the thread, but I'm guessing 90,000 views warrants some goodness.)

For those of you who have consumed the 15 pages and think it should be GOLD, tag me.

This is how I got started selling my websites. All the advice in this thread applies to any other industry (if you can read between the lines).

Definitely should be Gold in my opinion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

NickDecent

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
Apr 22, 2014
Day 2 Challenge - Post the headlines

Mac Laptop -

Headline 1 (based on status): THE "PROMOTION" LAPTOP

Headline 2 (based on ease of use): NOW! You too can own this computer with a brain of it's own!

Electric Guitar -

Headline 1 (based on sound): Sound like your favorite rockstar almost instantly

Headline 2 (based on status): Why a Gibson says, "I'm a serious musician"

Apartment -

Headline: Up for grabs! Cosy apartment next to Grand Central Station!

--

Nick

mirabdolbaghi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Mar 12, 2017
Malaysia
Day 5

Cricket lighter

“JUST FLICK ONCE!”

Quicksilver backpack

“ Wayfarers, Roam With Your Worldly Goods In Style And Comfort. We Have Your Back.”

TopMan Jeans

“ The Women Trailing Behind You Comes For FREE When You Get Our SlimFit Jeans “

PlayStation 4

“ The Next Generation Is With Us, Not Master Chief Or Mario”

Grand Theft Auto V
“Forget The Rules. In GTA V, The World Is Yours”

1. Imagine being lost in the streets of Japan and not feeling the weight on your shoulders. Our backpack has shoulder straps that distribute the weight evenly on your back.

2. Get the Playstation 4 now and get a free God Of War skin for your console. Offer lasts until the end of the month.

3. Buy these jeans and be bold. You can match them with a casual t-shirt or a more formal shirt.

4. Buy a cricket lighter today while stocks last!

5. Think about the hours of fun you can have playing this open-world game

“Get This Game And Be A F*****g Gangster”

Have you ever wanted to rob a bank like in the movie Heat? Do you wonder what flying a jet under a bridge feels like? Ever thought it would be fun to shoot a car with a rocket launcher and watch it blow up into the air?

You can never do these things in real life(obviously), but in Grand Theft Auto V’s open-world environment anything’s possible.sese

Get Grand Theft Auto V, the game that is universally acclaimed by reviewers as a classic.

Play an epic crime tale through 3 complex characters with unique personalities and perspectives.
Drive, cruise, drift or ride through the streets in any car you want. See something nice? Take it.
Interact with interesting side characters that are just as depraved and bizarre as you.
Lose yourself in character customization, mini-games, collectibles, and challenges.
Enjoy the immersive soundtrack that includes original work by Flying Lotus.
Feel the sweat on your hands as you fly between skyscrapers.
Play online with your friends together or against each other.
Punch that hipster vegan cyclist taking up all the road.
Go on adrenaline-filled, high-speed chases with cops.
Do whatever the hell you want.

Click Here To Order The Game And Have It Delivered To You.

Play 3 Unique Characters

Think about the classics like Heat, Goodfellas, Scarface, and Sopranos. Grand Theft Auto V’s storyline weaves 3 characters in a blood-chilling crime tale. Play as Michael de Santa a slick professional robber, Trevor Philips a dirty wild psycho, or Franklin Clinton a former gang banger.

Switch between these characters as you pull off heists under pressure from a corrupt government agency. Make difficult choices that affect the ending of your personal movie. Shoot your way out of banks. Run from the police in a heart-pounding getaway through the sewers.

Buy this game and live the high-stakes life.

Play Online With Your Friends

Wreck hell in the city with your friends and other players online. If playing alone is fun, imagine the great times you will have playing with others. This is the greatest sandbox you will ever play in.

Play online-only minigames and challenge each other in races. Find out who the best pilot is. Cooperate on dangerous jobs.

Think about the hours of fun you’ll get from a $40 purchase. Buy it NOW WHILE STOCKS LAST!

mirabdolbaghi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Mar 12, 2017
Malaysia
One page of sales letter. Hope to get your feedback SinisterLex.

Day 6

“The One Factor That Makes People Unhealthy Without Their Knowledge”

Do you know one thing that will make you healthier? You’ll never guess what it is…

It’s your gut health.

A scientific study was done on mice rats to learn the effects of the bacteria in their gut. Obese rats were given gut bacteria from skinny rats using magical science methods( it must have been like threading a needle!).

Can you guess what happened?

The obese rats lost weight.

Turns out there’s good bacteria and bad bacteria. Bad bacteria is linked to obesity and diabetes. Good bacteria is linked to good health and happiness. The gut produces 90% of your serotonin or better known as the happy hormone.

I’m sure you know that warm feeling you get when you hug your family.

As you can see, gut health is something you need to have in the back of your mind if you want to lose weight.

Interested in learning more? Read it at our website where you can also order a carton of Vitagen

The Shot Of Little Helpers: Vitagen

Vitagen is a cultured milk drink containing probiotics( good bacteria) that will improve your intestinal health. Imagine millions of super soldier bacteria that go to your stomach and start taking out the bad guys in your ‘neighborhood’.

One shot of Vitagen a day will liberate your stomach from bad bacteria, the weapons of mass destruction that are wrecking your health.

This isn’t just about weight loss and looking good when you’re standing in front of the mirror. This is about the physical and mental health of you and your family. Think about your child playing outside in the rain and the mud. When she walks into the house covered in mud, you have no way to know if any of that dirty mud went into her mouth.

Don’t you want her to have a fighting chance against the dirty invaders?

Give her some Vitagen and build up her immune system.

Buy a pack of 6 Vitagen and get another pack for FREE. This offer lasts until 31 Dec.

Runner030

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 12, 2017
Germany
Day 2- Headlines for 5 products:

1. Kaweco Sports Pen
-> Kaweco Sport: The Perfect Pen For Men
-> Kaweco Sport: Classy, Sporty And A Real Eye-catcher

2. Omega watches
→ Dont Buy A Watch, Buy A Lifestyle
→ Omega Watches: The Perfect Companion To Success
→ Omega Watches: The Perfect Companion For Classy Men

3. Philadelphia
→Philadelphia: Makes Your Palate Happy
→Philadelphia: Rich In Taste And Light In Fat
→Philadelphia: The Tasty Thing In Your Diet

4. Fiverr.com
→ Its Your Choice: Freelancing On Fiverr
→ Be Your Own Boss On Fiverr
→ On Fiverr You Decide And Not Your Boss

5. Nike Sneaker
-> Be Different With Sneakers From Nike
→ Create Your Own World With Nike
→ Nike Sneaker: Athletic, Trendy And Powerful

Any feedback is deeply appreciated.
Any thoughts of putting the products name in the headline already?

Thanks!

mirabdolbaghi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Mar 12, 2017
Malaysia
Day 10

Think about the times when you weren't doubting yourself. Life seems to open up more doors when you are feeling powerful and in control. Compare that to when you were full of doubt. Every mistake felt like a disaster.

You see, our attitude and mindset affect our relationship with reality. In this book, author Kro Lee explores why our brain likes to f**k us over and how we can stop it. Quoting authorities from fields like NLP, behavioral science, hypnosis( and some spiritualists) Kro Lee writes on bringing the dreams in your head to life.
Cut The Crap comes in paperback format with a foreword by millionaire entrepreneur, Iqbal. These 388 pages are filled with mental tricks, brain drills, and informational pictures. Priced at $32.99

Clayman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 9, 2017
Germany
Time for me to take the plunge into the world of copy-writing. I can't wait to explore all the possibles of how I'm going to create value for other people.

Day 1
Sister has the flu so I cooked and did some cleaning for her. Normally, I would have steered clear.

Day 2
Helped my sister and again and made some extra food and just gave it to a friend.

10 Headlines for Copywriting practice

1. MAKE MONEY FAST
2. The Toughest Pest Control Around: BUG-OFF
3. Feel Healthier And Help the Environment With A Plant-Based Diet
4. How To Start Your YouTube Empire
5. Free Bic Lighter For Every Order! OFFER ENDS SOON
6. STOP! 3 Ways To Get Out Of Debt
7. Stay Extra Fresh With Dawn Deodorant
8. Tired Of The 9 To 5? Join The Millionaire Fastlane Lifestyle Today!
9. FUNNY MEME COFFEE MUGS
10. High Quality Sound System: UBX

Clayman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 9, 2017
Germany
Day 3

1. Help someone
Helped my Dad put together a large, Ikea Closet. It was pretty boring, but rewarding to help him.

2. 10 products that make them STOP

1. Buy Now -- The Stomach Fat Blaster -- Offer Ends Friday

2. Join Bob’s Gym 50% Off -- Offer Valid thru Friday

3. Click Here -- Top 5 Celebrity Meltdowns – What’s The Worst That Could Happen?

4. Subscribe For Free Music Downloads – There’s Only A Few Slots Left

5. Get It – New Super Energy Drink – They Are Going Fast!

6. Subscribe for College Debt Relief – Consider Your Options

7. Buy Now – Dapper Shampoo – What’s The Worst That Could Happen?

8. Click Here- Loan Reconciliation – Just Imagine It

9. Learn Google AdSense – Imagine How You’ll benefit

10. Join The Millionaire Fastlane Forum – Imagine What You’ll Gain

Clayton’s Copywriting Services
STOP
Have you ever wondered if you could make more money?
Consider This
Increasing your exposure locally and globally
But How?
JOIN NOW and learn how Clayton’s Copywriting Services can HELP YOU
Impact your customer base!
Expose yourself to new markets!
Keep customers coming back!
SELL SELL SELL
YOUR PRODUCT
They’re going fast!
What’s the worst that could happen?
Order by Friday and Get 50% off
Imagine What You’ll Gain?
Subscribe
-- Offer Good While Slots Are Open
Thanks for this Thread, SinisterLex, I'm deeply considering making this a career choice. I hope I can get some feedback on what to improve. Thanks again.

Last edited:

OneOnTherise01

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 25, 2017
Azusa
Day 1 | Mindset Lesson 1
Be Like Jesus - Forget You. Help Them.

I’m not sure there’s any more simple way to put it than be like Jesus. The first step to copywriting that makes money fast is to forget yourself. Forget yourself and start caring about other people.

Fake it if you have to. Fake it til’ you make it. But always operate with the intention of making it real.

Leave religion out of the picture. The only thing we’re focused on is a mindset of being focused on other people. Learning to care & help others is extremely powerful. Not only does it change the way you look at the world, but it changes the way the world looks at you.

It seems like a simple shift to make, but it’s not. It took me years to figure out what it actually means to care about others. It took years to figure out that if I just help others, good juju comes my way.

Now I finally understand, and I earn more than ever… Coincidence? Not likely.

You don’t need to fully understand why it works to make it work. All you need to do is try it. All that matters is results, remember? So start thinking in terms of other people. Start accepting others as they are. Start finding ways to help others, and you’ll find the #1 mindset technique to making money with copy.

Since I pretty much beat this concept to death in my other thread, I won’t drag it out here.

Just know that your copy won’t earn a penny until you learn to solve problems for other people.

That’s the first of the 5 Mindset lessons.

Forget You. Help Them.
Day 1 Challenge

Really
Help Someone – When I say help someone I’m not talking about convincing them that you can help them. It’s not about making them believe you can help them. It’s about actually helping them. But most of the people reading this will miss that part. That’s why I keep getting messages asking questions like “How do I get them to believe I can help them?”

The only way to get them to believe you can help them is if you actually prove you can help them, and to prove you can help them you actually have to be capable of performing the task. But before you can do that you have to be operating from the right mindset. So your challenge for Day 1 is to find someone and help them without asking anything in return.

It doesn’t matter how big or small the task, and it doesn't matter if it's online or in person. All that matters is that it truly affects the other person by making their life better, easier, more enjoyable etc.

Do it today.

Succeed at this challenge today or don’t bother reading tomorrow. Either you’re willing to take action now, and do what it takes, or you’re not, and the rest of the lessons won’t help anyway.

That's all for lesson 1. Forget you. Help them.

When
you
are
ready
continue on to Day
2 - Technique
Lesson
They say, "There is no such thing as an unselfish act." This I believe to be untrue, because of the fact that I do things for people all of the time without asking or wanting anything in return.

They also say, "If it makes you feel good for doing something for someone, that is a selfish act." The reason why they say it is a "selfish" act, is because of the feeling you get, meaning you still got something in return.

So, because it makes you feel good to do something for someone or help them out, without asking for or wanting anything in return, do you consider this to be a selfish act or an unselfish act?

Last edited by a moderator:

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Day 3

1. Help someone
Helped my Dad put together a large, Ikea Closet. It was pretty boring, but rewarding to help him.

2. 10 products that make them STOP

1. Buy Now -- The Stomach Fat Blaster -- Offer Ends Friday

2. Join Bob’s Gym 50% Off -- Offer Valid thru Friday

3. Click Here -- Top 5 Celebrity Meltdowns – What’s The Worst That Could Happen?

4. Subscribe For Free Music Downloads – There’s Only A Few Slots Left

5. Get It – New Super Energy Drink – They Are Going Fast!

6. Subscribe for College Debt Relief – Consider Your Options

7. Buy Now – Dapper Shampoo – What’s The Worst That Could Happen?

8. Click Here- Loan Reconciliation – Just Imagine It

9. Learn Google AdSense – Imagine How You’ll benefit

10. Join The Millionaire Fastlane Forum – Imagine What You’ll Gain

Clayton’s Copywriting Services
STOP
Have you ever wondered if you could make more money?
Consider This
Increasing your exposure locally and globally
But How?
JOIN NOW and learn how Clayton’s Copywriting Services can HELP YOU
Impact your customer base!
Expose yourself to new markets!
Keep customers coming back!
SELL SELL SELL
YOUR PRODUCT
They’re going fast!
What’s the worst that could happen?
Order by Friday and Get 50% off
Imagine What You’ll Gain?
Subscribe
-- Offer Good While Slots Are Open
Thanks for this Thread, SinisterLex, I'm deeply considering making this a career choice. I hope I can get some feedback on what to improve. Thanks again.

1. Buy Now -- The Stomach Fat Blaster -- Offer Ends Friday<< No need to say Buy now in a headline. I don't know what a stomach fat blaster is. and no need for offer end friday to something that I don't know what it is.

2. Join Bob’s Gym 50% Off -- Offer Valid thru Friday What is the BENEFIT to joining bobs gym?<<< You need to make it stand out from other gyms. what problem does it solve?

3. Click Here -- Top 5 Celebrity Meltdowns – What’s The Worst That Could Happen? No need for click here. <<<<I could only see this being good if there was a picture of some sort of mystery meltdown.

4. Subscribe For Free Music Downloads – There’s Only A Few Slots Left <<<<Sounds like a gimmick

5. Get It – New Super Energy Drink – They Are Going Fast! <<<<What does this energy drink have to offer that others don't? That should be your headline instead.

6. Subscribe for College Debt Relief – Consider Your Options<<< too vague

7. Buy Now – Dapper Shampoo – What’s The Worst That Could Happen? <<<< the customer won't read past your headline. That's the worst

8. Click Here- Loan Reconciliation – Just Imagine It <<<<< vague

9. Learn Google AdSense – Imagine How You’ll benefit<<<< 10 Secrets to Learning Google Adsense <<<< This targets someone that is trying to learn it. They get ten secrets to help them get better.

10. Join The Millionaire Fastlane Forum – Imagine What You’ll Gain <<<< I imagine someone trying to sell my daily affirmations and a get rich quick scheme. Too vague.

OneOnTherise01

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 25, 2017
Azusa
"You can write 10,000 sales letters by hand, read every book on copy, and have all the theoretical knowledge in the world, but if you never take action and implement that knowledge you will NOT be a copywriter. You'll just be someone who knows a lot about copy."

You're speaking to me right there! I'm completely new to copywriting so I decided to buy two books on Amazon. I wanted to get the basics down before I began this new journey in copywriting. I KNOW I should jump right in, but I would like to get more practice in before I begin.

Question - how long did it take for you to develop your writing style? If my writing were anywhere near as impressive as yours, I would've jumped into copywriting a long time ago.
Hello, I don't know if you are familiar with A W A I, (American Writers & Artists Inc.), they are well known and very reputable copywriters. They have an entire website on copywriting, I am a member of A W A I and I have successfully completed The Accelerated Program for Six - Figure Copywriting, it is an intense course on copywriting that teaches you just about everything there is to know about writing copy. There's also The Wealthy Web Writer and Professional Writer's Alliance, they even have a page where you can find clients to write for.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
They say, "There is no such thing as an unselfish act." This I believe to be untrue, because of the fact that I do things for people all of the time without asking or wanting anything in return.

They also say, "If it makes you feel good for doing something for someone, that is a selfish act." The reason why they say it is a "selfish" act, is because of the feeling you get, meaning you still got something in return.

So, because it makes you feel good to do something for someone or help them out, without asking for or wanting anything in return, do you consider this to be a selfish act or an unselfish act?

I consider all acts selfish. Humans do not act without reason to do so.

The only possible way to act unselfishly is to act without knowing why you are acting.

That would be to act without purpose.

It's not a bad thing, if that's what you're getting at.

The word "selfish" has taken on a negative meaning over time due to various religions.

But it's still just a word.

It's not bad to feel good for helping other people.

The goal is to be able to empathize with others so you understand where they're coming from.

It's putting yourself in their shoes as much as possible and understanding their world view.

What I'm saying is, the lesson isn't about being unselfish.

It's about helping others because it's the right thing to do.

How it makes you feel in return is irrelevant, (but a nice perk!).

When you help people without asking anything in return it begins a mindset shift.

A flake becomes a ball becomes a massive snow boulder rolling down a hill.

It's about learning to be valuable for others.

It also often triggers reciprocation which leads to many other advantages as well.

Hello, I don't know if you are familiar with A W A I, (American Writers & Artists Inc.), they are well known and very reputable copywriters. They have an entire website on copywriting, I am a member of A W A I and I have successfully completed The Accelerated Program for Six - Figure Copywriting, it is an intense course on copywriting that teaches you just about everything there is to know about writing copy. There's also The Wealthy Web Writer and Professional Writer's Alliance, they even have a page where you can find clients to write for.

I'm familiar with these organizations but have never joined them or taken their courses.

For me there was never any need to. For others it might be helpful, but I couldn't speak from experience on that.

Some of the writing organizations have opened up doorways for copy and content writers that might not otherwise be easily accessible.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I started this back in March, with a rate set at $5 per hour. Got a few jobs. Eventually landed a transcription for $35 while I was sitting in a Starbucks for a PhD student who was in a time crunch. Short transcription, quick work. With four jobs under my belt I upped my rate to $9 an hour. No jobs for all of April. I didn't give it 100% and only applied to a few per week, but no one got back to me. The other thing I noticed is that I think I am withdrawing proposals too soon because...

This month I set my rate for $25/hour. For my profile that is. I have legitimate value to offer my clients but at $9 an hour I think people probably did not take me serious, and I was lost in the sea. After setting my rate to $25 an hour last week, I landed 2 new jobs already, and I have another person who is about to discuss a $150/week minimum ongoing project. Now, granted these aren't for $25 an hour, but I went from 0 jobs to 3, with some ongoing work. Work I can do anytime, anywhere. I mean, that could be groceries for the week.

The other thing is, I stopped withdrawing proposals too soon. I'm very organized and if I don't hear back within 3-5 days, I usually just withdrew the proposal - my time is valuable and I figured if they wouldn't respond in that time period, then they weren't serious or already found someone. I kind of let that slide to like a week, give or take, and I noticed that my jobs this week came in just about that time period - they got back to me after about 5-7 days. So unless it is an urgent matter, then its probably best to give the clients some time to respond.

This is just one step to building up those 5 star reviews and demonstrating value in order to land the even bigger gigs.

Last edited:

Shortypants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 15, 2017
NL
Day 9 | Influence Lesson 3
Psychological Rules of Persuasion

Six Rules to Breach Your
Prospect's Mind & Command
Higher Earnings Now

What if you knew 6 simple tools could bring you unlimited results?

I'm talking 10 times the results of writing a thousand sales letters by hand...

Would that be worth reading a few more lines?

If you gotta minute, and wanna know more, then you can learn.

And, I'll even tell you for free.

Many of you have heard of Robert Cialdini, and his 6 laws of persuasion.

But, for those of you who don't know him, he pretty much set the standard for influence by researching & understanding what makes people tick.

From there he came up with 6 simple tools of persuasion that are so powerful they can get virtually anyone to do anything you want them to.

In fact, they're so powerful that sales and collections agencies use them all over the world.

They're so powerful that when I put them to the test as a Legal Assistant I increased collections so much that the Founding Attorney instantly updated our policies to account for my collections script.

So, before I share the 6 tools & how they apply in copy, I offer you this caution:

Only use these tools when your product is good and you have good intentions. I'm not responsible for anything that happens as a result of your use of these tactics. If you use them appropriately, then you'll experience unknown powers beyond your wildest dreams. If you abuse them, well, it won't end well...

With that out of the way, let's look at the 6 tools & how they apply to copy.

◘ Reciprocity ◘

◘ Commitment & Consistency ◘

◘ Social Proof ◘

◘ Liking ◘

◘ Authority ◘

◘ Scarcity ◘

◘​

1. Reciprocity

The rule of reciprocity is simple. When someone gives us something, we feel psychologically compelled to give something back. It doesn't matter what's given. It can be anything and many studies back it up. If you've ever watched a mafia movie, you've seen a slightly altered version of this in action.

Basically the person on the receiving end owes you a favor.

So, how is it used in copy?

First of all, you can write it right into your copy, just as I did above. "And, I'll even tell you for free."

Another way people use this is by giving away free ebooks, ecourses, or downloadables on their website. This has less power since the human element is removed, but it still works on some level.

The most powerful use happens when you use it directly with clients.

For example, by giving a free sample... you invoke the power of reciprocity, and in return they're way more likely to give you the gig, especially if you put a lot of work into the sample.

2. Commitment & Consistency

This little gem is a sort of tipping point. Let's say you're at a car dealership chatting with a salesman, and you're almost sold on a car you've been eyeballing for a while.

Then the salesman says, "Ready to make it happen?" or something similar.

Now your mind does battle with itself. One last bit of back & forth, because it knows that once you say "Yes", it's so hard for you to turn back it almost takes an act of God...

Once you say "Yes"... Once you commit, then you transition from prospect to buyer.

If you're using this on your website, then the most common type of commitment comes in the form of your Call to Action (CTA). What's important to note is that it's not specifically the words of the CTA that makes them commit. The act of committing happens when they actually push the button.

If you want them to push the button, or take some other action, then you can use disarming language such as:

"Get My Toy" instead of "Buy Now!"

If you're using it with clients, then the very best time is during your interview. When you're certain they're feeling confident in you, then you can close by saying,

"Do you have any more questions for me?"

Wait for the "No", then say:

"Great, well, if you'll go ahead and send the Odesk offer I'll accept it and get started immediately.
"

99% of the time they'll follow up with: "Sure thing, sending it right now!"

Consistency can be used with clients too.

Interviews are highly emotional, and many clients get wrapped up in it when you have good energy.

Then they say things like:

"If you're work is good, then we'll have a lot more for you in the future. We've got XYZ project etc..."

A statement like this gives you great power for getting more work later. For instance, when you deliver your first bit of copy and they say they absolutely love it, then you can follow up a few days later and remind them that they said they loved it, and ask for more work.

"Hey Bob,

I'm glad your first project worked out so well, and that you loved my work so much. You mentioned having more work if my copy was good. Now that you know I'm your guy, I'd love to start your next project whenever you're ready. What's next on the list?"

To go against this means going against his own word.

He practically has to give you another gig, because he said he would.

3. Social Proof

Social proof is super useful, but there's a catch.

You have to have it before you can use it.

On websites and sales letters social proof often comes as testimonials or logo images of clients who use your product. These can also be used on Odesk, and other places.

Social media buttons are often used on websites to show how many likes they have. Social media buttons double as a form of commitment/consistency too. If you click "Like" or "Follow", then on some level you're agreeing that you like the product.

When you're interviewing, it's easy to establish trust using social proof.

When they ask a question like: "How specifically would you handle X?"

Then you respond with:

"Great, question... When I wrote copy for Apple, I handled something similar by..."

Don't use "Apple" unless you've actually written copy for them. Use another client you've worked for.

In this way you establish that you've worked with, and satisfied other companies.

4. Liking

Another super simple, yet highly effective tool.

We like people who are like us, or who we believe are like us.

This is most commonly used in copy by asking questions.

"Are you sick of paying hundreds of dollars for iPhone screens?
Do you wonder why they won't make one that won't break?

I wondered the same thing, and after buying my 4th screen in three weeks
I'd had enough, so I built a better one..."

What I've done is established a connection between myself & the prospect. Instantly they see that we're just alike, and that we have the same problem.

The only difference is that I also have the solution, and that puts a smile on their face.
:)

5. Authority

Authority is established when a prospect believes you're a subject matter expert. If you're reading this thread, then chances are, you aren't. At least not yet, but that doesn't mean you can't be.

Common examples of authority on websites happen when we post images showing professionals related to our product. If you run a security firm website, then a man in a slick black suit with a blue tie looks more professional than a guy in shorts and a t-shirt. The man in a suit is an authority.

Establishing authority in writing or interviews is simple too, but you have to be confident.

Here's how it works.

When asked a question, such as: "How can I improve X..."

NEVER respond with the words, "I think you should..."

FFFFFFFF Those words!!!!!!!

If you're an expert then you're not giving your opinion. Opinions are educated guesses for people who don't know what they're talking about.

Instead say:

"Do this..."

or "Replace X with Y & move Z over here."

or "Delete that crap because it looks terrible!"

Never give your opinion. Instead give directions & guidance. Then you'll sound like an authority.

If you write with hesitation, or speak with hesitation, your clients will see right through you.

6. Scarcity

The last one on the list is one most of you have encountered.

Scarcity sets limitations.

This works for any product, and it's used 24/7.

"2 for 1 if you buy before friday."

"BOGO ends Tuesday"

"Cut the price in half when you call in the next 15 minutes."

"Supplies won't last long!"

"I've got 3 hours available this week."

"If you're interested, please let me know before the next guy hires me."

"I've got one left on the lot."

"I might have one left in the back room."

"If you want it let me know, because another couple is coming to look at it this afternoon."

You get the idea.

Anything that suggests your product or services are scarce makes them want it 10 times more.

It seems cliche, but I'm telling you it works.

That's pretty much the gist of it. All of these techniques are extremely powerful, especially when you get good at them, and learn to combine them so they work together. Then they build on one another and create a foundation for your sales that's so strong your customers are almost forced to buy.

That's why you have to make sure you only use these with good intentions. Only use them ethically...

If you make promises you can't keep, or if you offer services you can't deliver, then it's gonna be obvious real fast, and all the persuasive tools in the world won't save you from the damage you'll do to your reputation.

Day 9 Challenge
1. Close your eyes and imagine selling your first product or service. If you're already selling something, then imagine taking it to the next level. Get a solid picture of what that will look & feel like, and what you'll do with all the extra money you'll have when you achieve it!

2. Help someone without asking anything in return. After today's lesson you may start to understand that everything is an exchange of energy, and nothing ever goes without return. Just because you don't ask for something in return doesn't mean you don't get something in return.

3. Take some action you've been avoiding. Maybe you've waited to build a profile, or maybe you're afraid to contact clients. Maybe you're afraid to pick up the phone and call someone. Whatever it is, just do it.

4. Write 5 creative headlines that MAKE THEM STOP.

5. Write 3 paragraphs of copy utilizing some of the tools from today's lesson.

Great job! You've finished another lesson! If you're actually taking action and using
this stuff, then you're probably already earning! If not, keep at it and you
will soon enough. When you're ready continue on to
Day 10, Mindset Lesson 4.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIII
III

:)
Want to know the *secret* to writing a good comment?

Do people ignore you all the time?

In this (insert bullshit product) I will teach you how to write pitch perfect comments *instantly*!

People all over the world are following this method in secracy, stealing all the fame. *However*, with my secret formula, *you* will collect *all* the blue thumps in *seconds* of posting your comment.

Join the (insert bullshit product) here and find your way to youtube glory you have always deserved.

(Big *JOIN HERE* button)

/

"The 25 Cognitive Biases by Charlie Munger".

anurag

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
May 6, 2017
In
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5 Steps To Owning Your Dream House Anywhere On This Planet.

With real estate rate prices skyrocketing, it is 7 times as hard to now own a house than it was in 1980s . Over about 63% of people never get to live in a house of their dreams. Don't be one them.

We all think of living in a house, debt free, waking up every morning, knowing you are living your dream,literally. Give your wife that sense of security and ever lasting feeling of happiness that she always deserved. A home is now more than just a basic need,Put your kids under a protected roof and secure their future.

Wouldn't you want to live like that that? After all if you are going to live in a house, why not live in a house that you decide to live in.

I am offering the coveted "5 step plan to owning your dream house" to you. Hundreds of people all over in the country are already living in the house they once dreamed of. If you know you deserve more out of life than just living in old apartment for the rest of your life, then prove it, by giving us a call on 667-599-699 NOW! because the offer ends on Friday.

Dont overthink only to let this opportunity slip.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taking up the challenge of Day #3.
This is the first copy I have ever written. Eagerly waiting to know what my mistakes are.

It would be an accomplishment even if you read through the whole copy. It means at least I held your attention for that long.
I am expecting some positive criticism out of this. Thank You.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

5 Steps To Owning Your Dream House Anywhere On This Planet.

With real estate rate prices skyrocketing, it is 7 times as hard to now own a house than it was in 1980s . Over about 63% of people never get to live in a house of their dreams. Don't be one them.

We all think of living in a house, debt free, waking up every morning, knowing you are living your dream,literally. Give your wife that sense of security and ever lasting feeling of happiness that she always deserved. A home is now more than just a basic need,Put your kids under a protected roof and secure their future.

Wouldn't you want to live like that that? After all if you are going to live in a house, why not live in a house that you decide to live in.

I am offering the coveted "5 step plan to owning your dream house" to you. Hundreds of people all over in the country are already living in the house they once dreamed of. If you know you deserve more out of life than just living in old apartment for the rest of your life, then prove it, by giving us a call on 667-599-699 NOW! because the offer ends on Friday.

Dont overthink only to let this opportunity slip.

Taking up the challenge of Day #3.
This is the first copy I have ever written. Eagerly waiting to know what my mistakes are.

It would be an accomplishment even if you read through the whole copy. It means at least I held your attention for that long.
I am expecting some positive criticism out of this. Thank You.

The writing isn't bad, but the headline is where the mark is missed. This is a blog headline and anyone reading it would expect to get the 5 steps right in the text. Nobody in their right mind would call to find out 5 steps to owning their dream house. I mean, who wants to call these days anyway?! ;)

If this were a blog, then the headline would be good. You'd just need to deliver a valuable blog post, then have your contact info at the end so people can call to learn more or get a quote or whatever. Make sense?

anurag

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
May 6, 2017
In
The writing isn't bad, but the headline is where the mark is missed. This is a blog headline and anyone reading it would expect to get the 5 steps right in the text. Nobody in their right mind would call to find out 5 steps to owning their dream house. I mean, who wants to call these days anyway?! ;)

If this were a blog, then the headline would be good. You'd just need to deliver a valuable blog post, then have your contact info at the end so people can call to learn more or get a quote or whatever. Make sense?

Yes it made sense. Now when I read it, it is more than fairly obvious the headline and the copy don't match up.
The "Call NOW!" thing was just an attempt for Call To Action could have been replaced with "email me".
Thank you SinisterLex. I learn so much from you.

One general question. Let's say someone was really selling a "5 step plan for buying a house" through Email or Ebook. What would their headline be in that case. Because what ever I can come up with now seems like a blog headline"

1. Get your dream home. One step at a time.
2. Get your Perfect home at a perfect time.
3. Who wants to live in a dream house.
4. Own a home, your wife can be proud of.

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Yes it made sense. Now when I read it, it is more than fairly obvious the headline and the copy don't match up.
The "Call NOW!" thing was just an attempt for Call To Action could have been replaced with "email me".
Thank you SinisterLex. I learn so much from you.

One general question. Let's say someone was really selling a "5 step plan for buying a house" through Email or Ebook. What would their headline be in that case. Because what ever I can come up with now seems like a blog headline"

1. Get your dream home. One step at a time.
2. Get your Perfect home at a perfect time.
3. Who wants to live in a dream house.
4. Own a home, your wife can be proud of.

Well, to answer that you have to return to the target audience. Who is it? Because it makes a big difference in how you write the headline. A guy who's broke, earning middle class income doesn't always have the same needs, wants, and desires as someone living rich. You'd need to target the needs and pains of your market specifically.

"Own Your Dream Home This Month Even If You Barely Earn Enough To Keep The Lights On And Can't Afford $10 Down"

"How To Own Your Dream Home And Pay Half Of What You Pay That Shady Property Manager For Rent On That Bug Infested Sh*t Hole"

"The 5 Step Blueprint To Own Your First Home This Year Without Picking Up Hitman Side Jobs Just To Afford The Closing Costs"

Something like that.

anurag

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
May 6, 2017
In
Realizing I was bad at writing headlines I spent yesterday day figuring out on how to write effective headlines. I feel like I learnt something.

I wrote these today for a Gym membership :
  1. Who Else Wants A Body That Is Sure To Invite Envy In 12 Weeks Without Making A Dent In Your Pocket.
  2. Gaining Muscles The Right Way Without Puncturing Yourself With Drug Injections.
  3. How To Lose Weight Once And For All Even If You Are Busy Working 10 Hours A Day.
  4. The Annoyed Man's Guide To Losing Weight In Gym.
  5. 21 Year Old Obsessed Student's Journey To Losing Weight And Gaining Her Confidence.
  6. LOSE WEIGHT, WITHOUT LOSING MOTIVATION.
  7. Stop Blaming It On The Food. Lose Weight Without Starving.
  8. "I Regret That Workout - Nobody". Be Bigger Than Your Excuses.
  9. Axis Gym - Where They Get The Body You Envy.

What I learnt is its good to keep in mind these points while writing a headline.
  • Who is the Target Audience?
  • Tap into their Struggles / Desire.
  • Be specific in what you offer.
  • Make Audience connect with your headline.
  • Simple copy is good. Clever copy is better. Simple + clever is best.
Apart from these, there might be points which I missed but is important to consider while forming a headline. What more would you guys add?

I've a question about headlines. Would the headlines #6 #7 #8 work. I mean they are not as conventional as "how to's ..." or "10 ways to do ..."
and certainly don't follow the above mentioned points.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Olie Sins

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 28, 2017
World Wide
Day 2 | Technique Lesson 1
Make Them STOP!

View attachment 9416

Stop signs share an important message worth exploring. When we see a stop sign, we know what to do. We stop. But why? What specifically makes us stop?

Forget the fact that we've been trained for more than a century to stop at red, octagon-shaped signs. Instead, let's consider the deeper message. Let's think about what the word S.T.O.P. actually does.

The word STOP triggers something in our mind. That something is fear. On a deeper level, it's our survival instinct. STOP taps into our desire to live. If we blow through a STOP sign then we're at much greater risk of death by car accident, and that's something we want to avoid.

STOP also triggers very powerful emotions. When we see a stop sign, we instantly process the following:

If I don't stop it could get my whole family killed.

If I don't stop I could be responsible for the death of someone else.

If I don't stop I could wreck my car, and lose (insert any number of things here).

Now let's look at how this message applies to copywriting, and how we can use it. STOP is a short, 4 letter Headline in all CAPITAL LETTERS, almost always printed in bold. It taps into our basic desire to live, and the emotions surrounding the negative impact of our actions if we ignore it, and it almost always gets our attention.

STOP signs exist for 1 reason - to make us STOP!
When we stop we can think. When we think we can observe. When we observe, we take in more info that helps us decide if it's safe to proceed, and this is exactly what your headline must accomplish!

The first goal of your headline is to make them STOP!

If a prospect doesn't stop, they won't think, and they won't proceed through your text. That means they won't buy anything either. So the first technique of copy that sells is a headline that makes them STOP!

How do I make them stop?

This is where desire & emotion come into play. Now, some books will tell you that you have to tap into desire, and others say you only need emotion. Both can work alone, but they work way better together.

But before they can work at all, you have to tap into the right desire & emotion.
To do that you MUST change your perspective. You have to think in terms of them, not you. By shifting your perspective you can ask questions that gain clarity about what your prospects really want, instead of assuming you know what they want.

Let's look at how two popular books accomplish this.

"The Automatic Millionaire" & "The Millionaire Fastlane "

Two very different books that are both top-sellers. One sells the idea of saving coffee change, while the other sells the idea of starting a business. So, why don't either of these books mention anything about saving money, or starting businesses in their headline?

Because the reader doesn't desire those things, and doesn't connect emotionally either!

Instead they had to get inside their reader's mind and ask the right questions.

Who am I? (Target Market)
Young, 18 to 30 year olds, primarily male.

What do I want? (Desire)
Fast money, fast cars, to not have to work for money or riches. Freedom from jobs.

Why do I want it? (Emotion)
Money, & super cars will make me powerful & seductive.

What if TMF used this headline instead:

Get Rich by Starting a Business and Failing a Lot.

Would you have stopped? Would you have opened the book? Would you have read the first line? Would you have still dedicated your entire life to making this shit work no matter what? Would you even be here right now?!

Probably not, because the headline doesn't speak to you personally. It doesn't tap into your desires or emotions. It doesn't give you a reason to care.

A lot of psychology goes into your headline, but you don't have to spend 10 years learning about it to be effective. All you have to do is ask questions from the prospect's perspective and figure out what they really want. Then find a way to write it in your headline.

Now that you know that your headline's ultimate goal is to make them STOP by tapping into desire & emotion, let's check out some ways you can enhance your headlines.

1. If it's 3 words or less, use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
----- "INSTANT CASH LOANS"

2. If it's more than 3 words, Only Capitalize the First Letter of Each Word, Following Basic Grammar Rules.
----- "Big Johnson's Beer & Liquor if We Don't Have It, We'll Get It!"

3. If you can tap into desire / emotion & be creative, then your headline will have more power.
----- "Unleashing the SUPER Ideavirus - Ideas that Spread, Win"

4. Length is based on the headline's goal. If you need it processed fast, then use less words.
----- "How to Win Friends & Influence People"

5. Get rid of extra words. Every word must have a purpose.
----- "Here's How You Can Switch Gears, Downshift, & Drive Into the Millionaire Fastlane .
vs. "The Millionaire Fastlane " - Way less words. Way more impact.

6. If you can add subtle influence to your headline, such as a CTA, you'll add power.
----- "NOW! Get a FREE Animal Tail Butt Plug with Every Vibrating Prostate Massager!"

^
(Now, that's a deal you can't pass up!)

You don't have to be a copywriter to get good at writing headlines. All you need is practice. Take your time, and give every product, website, or cover letter serious thought. It may take you 2 hours to come up with something, but when you get it right it works pretty much every time.

Remember, Your #1 Goal is to MAKE THEM STOP!

Day 2 Challenge

1. Help someone. Do it without asking for anything in return. Just like yesterday.

2. Come up with 5 to 10 products / services / or something else you want to sell. Give serious consideration to the questions above. Figure out the customer's deepest desire. Figure out the emotions they want to experience. Then write 5 to 10 headlines utilizing what you've learned, that MAKE THEM STOP!

If you're feeling brave you can post your headlines in this thread for others to critique. But no pressure.

:jimlad:

Now that you know the first & most
important element of all copy
you can move on to Day
3 -
Influence Lesson
Day 2 of the 15 Day Challenge. Here are five headlines for an Acne Product I want to sell:
1) HUGE Blemish The Day Before Work? REDUCE Its Size By 50% OVER NIGHT!
2) ANNIHILATE Your Pimple Fast!
3) Your Buddies Can Be Ruthless. INCINERATE Your Blemish Before They Ever See It.
4) No More Turning Your Face From Her To Hide It. Destroy your blemish over night!
5) When You Need It Gone Quick, This Pimple Destroyer Will Do The Trick!
6) Destroy Your Pimple! Fastlane It To Oblivion! (Haha, joking)

Let me know what you think guys.

G

GuestUser241z

I consider all acts selfish. Humans do not act without reason to do so.

The only possible way to act unselfishly is to act without knowing why you are acting.

That would be to act without purpose.

It's not a bad thing, if that's what you're getting at.

The word "selfish" has taken on a negative meaning over time due to various religions.

But it's still just a word.

It's not bad to feel good for helping other people.

The goal is to be able to empathize with others so you understand where they're coming from.

It's putting yourself in their shoes as much as possible and understanding their world view.

What I'm saying is, the lesson isn't about being unselfish.

It's about helping others because it's the right thing to do.

How it makes you feel in return is irrelevant, (but a nice perk!).

When you help people without asking anything in return it begins a mindset shift.

A flake becomes a ball becomes a massive snow boulder rolling down a hill.

It's about learning to be valuable for others.

It also often triggers reciprocation which leads to many other advantages as well.

I'm familiar with these organizations but have never joined them or taken their courses.

For me there was never any need to. For others it might be helpful, but I couldn't speak from experience on that.

Some of the writing organizations have opened up doorways for copy and content writers that might not otherwise be easily accessible.

I'm following Copywriting thread because Im gaining a lot of human psychology insight. I am more of a technical person, so when it comes to marketing my business I suck like hell lol. Thank you for sharing such wonderful expertise to the world.

Olie Sins

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 28, 2017
World Wide
Day 3 | Influence Lesson 1
The Butterfly Effect

We can never truly know the real impact of our words.​

Influence is inevitable.” – Unknown

Some of you may think this quote ridiculous.
Maybe you read it and say, “Inevitable? No way. I read Robert Cialdini’s book, and there’s no way I can be influenced now.”

But you are wrong.

Influence happens constantly. Consistently. All around us, all the time. It happens to us, and there’s not a damn thing we can do to stop it. Need proof? Stay awake until you fall asleep. Prove that you can’t be influenced by fatigue, and I’ll never write again.

I can make that statement with confidence because I know that you can be influenced, just as I can be influenced, and just as every other person can be influenced.

But this lesson isn’t about the fact that every single one of us can be influenced.

It’s to help you understand that every action you take, whether physical, mental, verbal or written, influences others, yourself, and the future as you know it.

That’s great, but how does it apply to copywriting?

This could very easily breach the realm of mindset, but this isn’t a mindset lesson, so let’s narrow it down to the words we write.

When was the last time you gave extreme consideration to how your words would be received?

Recall the last time you posted on this forum. Did you spend hours thinking about how people would respond? Did you wonder if your post would help someone instantly?

And did you also spend hours thinking about how people 5 years from now would be impacted when they read it? Or did you simply post it without much thought at all?

What if something you say today triggers a powerful chain of events leading to another Fastlane member’s freedom 3 years from now? How would that make you feel?

That’s the big picture with influence. That’s how it works. What we write today influences others long into the future, and we can never truly know how far that influence extends.

That’s why every word we write MUST have a purpose.

Influence is inevitable, but that doesn’t mean it's always positive. If your writing sucks, or if you blindly write without structure, rhyme or reason, then your copy will negatively impact everyone who reads it for many years to come. But, if you write with intent, always moving toward a specific outcome, then you can practically guarantee you'll have a positive effect.

Good copywriters always keep influence in mind. They know it's not black & white. They know that just because a prospect doesn't buy today doesn't mean he won't come back tomorrow. That's why we always write every single word with a purpose.

Good copy doesn't just drive the sale today.
It plants seeds that drive sales tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day after that.

Alright, enough lecture.

Let's read some kick-a$$ example phrases that'll unlock your mind and
open doors to worlds you never imagined possible!

Influential Words that Sell Today

All of these words & phrases are commands that drive action and
influence your prospect to take the next step.

Buy Now.
Click here.
Join.
Get It.
Subscribe.
Submit.

Influential Words that Sell this Week

All of these words & phrases are commands that
influence your prospect by setting a deadline or
invoking the principle of scarcity.

Offer Ends Friday.
Offer Valid thru Friday.
Offer Good While Supplies Last.
Respond by Friday if You're Interested.
My schedule Fills by Friday.
Call Before Friday.
Order by Friday and Get [insert something here]
There's only a few slots left.
These tacos won't last long.
They're going fast!

Words that Influence Long Into the Future

These words & phrases are called idea seed planters. They
plant seeds of thought that grow either throughout the
length of your copy, or over a period of time with
repeat exposure.

Consider this.
Think about it.
Consider it.
Give it some thought.
Ponder it.
Mull it over.
Consider your options.
Maybe it's right for you.
What's the worst that could happen?
Imagine how you'll benefit.
Imagine what you'll gain.
Just imagine it.
Sleep on it.

Just
do
it​

There are way more phrases than this.

This is just a small sample of some of the words you can use to influence your prospects, readers, clients, & customers.

Influence is what copywriting is all about.

It's about taking the influence that's going to happen anyway, and giving it direction. It's not about manipulating people. It's about helping customers reach the outcomes they want, and also reaching your own outcomes at the same time.

Everyone should benefit.

To ensure your copy always packs the most powerful impact possible, write with the intent of influencing people throughout all concepts of time whether it's right now, this week, or 10 years in the future.

And always seek to have a positive impact on others.

Day 3 Challenge

1. Help someone. Solve a problem for someone. Do it without asking for anything in return just like yesterday, and just like the day before. Remember, it doesn't have to be something epic. Just something that impacts them positively in some way.

2. Write 5 new headlines that MAKE THEM STOP, and tap into your prospects desires & emotions.

3. Using your product or service, or something you make up, write a paragraph or two to your target customer utilizing the influential phrases you learned in this post. Consider using all 3 types of phrases for maximum impact, and remember to write with intent. Find ways to show how your product helps your customer while driving them toward the action you want them to take.

Do this before reading the next lesson, or don't keep going forward.

Now that you know that influence is inevitable you can
start writing copy with intent & purpose so you can
achieve your desired results in the shortest
time possible. Always write for positive
outcomes. That's it for this lesson.
When you're ready, continue
on to Day 4 - Mindset
Lesson
Okay, day 3 of the challenge. I've helped a few more people out where I work (I mean really went out of my way for them), which surprised myself more than it surprised the people I helped. I've also written out five more headlines today. Here are two (actually four) paragraphs to my target customer. I would appreciate any feedback or criticism from all members. I've never studied copy, and until three days ago, didn't even know what it was, so any advice would be appreciated. You can tell me my writing sucks balls, you can also tell me you think its great, or you can tell me it's just average, but most importantly, tell me why you think so. Thanks fellas.

Imagine this, you've just had a great day at work, the best you've had in a long time. You've been overly productive, on top of your game, and it's been nothing but praise from your boss and buddies at work. Marie, your cute co-worker that gives you butterflies, has been flirting with you a lot lately, but today, you guys really hit it off. She even asked if you have a girl friend, and then hinted that you guys should hang out. You get home that day and you're on top of the world.

A little later on in the night, you notice something that literally makes your eyes widen (they widen without fail every time), and you instantly know EXACTLY how tomorrow's going to go. It's a blemish, the huge red ones that are almost the size of a dime, and it's right in the middle of your cheek. It's in its early stages, but you know there's nothing you can do to stop it. By tomorrow, it will be full-sized. You can't call in to work, but as you get closer to the work day, it becomes a realistic option. You decide to go, and... well, you know the rest.

What if I said you never have to deal with that frustration again? Imagine you could apply something to your blemish the night before work, and know with 100% confidence, you'd wake up with a smaller blemish, or even a non-existing one because it was incinerated while you slept. If you had something like that in high school, heck, at work, how much embarrassment could you have avoided? Just something to think about...

Interested? Tired of it, and ready to solve the problem? Click here.

RG17

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 22, 2016
This is my first attempt at writing copy, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Day 3

1) Today I helped my Mom with a few chores around the house and helped her make a workout plan for herself.

2) Item 1: NCAA/NBA Jerseys
"Authentic Lonzo Ball LAKERS Jersey"

Item 2: Workout program
"Increase Your Bench Press By 15lb In Just 2 Weeks!"

Item 3: Graphic design
"FREE Twitter Avatar with the Purchase of a Header"

Item 4: An Ebook
"Make Money While You Sleep"

Item 5: Astro A40 Headset
"Astro A40s: The Elite Mode of Communication"

3) I decided to write the paragraph on Item 4, the Ebook.

Consider this. You wake up at 11 AM and spend your entire day relaxing by the beach, simply relaxing and enjoying your surroundings. You return home that night to discover you have made $200 today -- by simply sitting on the beach. With my eBook Make Money While You Sleep, you will learn the ropes on how to get started! Buy now for a discounted price of $4.99! This deal won't last long; this offer is only valid for the first 20 purchases!

Lerrell Copy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 30, 2017
Detroit, MI
This is my first attempt at writing copy, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Day 3

1) Today I helped my Mom with a few chores around the house and helped her make a workout plan for herself.

2) Item 1: NCAA/NBA Jerseys
"Authentic Lonzo Ball LAKERS Jersey"

Item 2: Workout program
"Increase Your Bench Press By 15lb In Just 2 Weeks!"

Item 3: Graphic design
"FREE Twitter Avatar with the Purchase of a Header"

Item 4: An Ebook
"Make Money While You Sleep"

Item 5: Astro A40 Headset
"Astro A40s: The Elite Mode of Communication"

3) I decided to write the paragraph on Item 4, the Ebook.

Consider this. You wake up at 11 AM and spend your entire day relaxing by the beach, simply relaxing and enjoying your surroundings. You return home that night to discover you have made $200 today -- by simply sitting on the beach. With my eBook Make Money While You Sleep, you will learn the ropes on how to get started! Buy now for a discounted price of $4.99! This deal won't last long; this offer is only valid for the first 20 purchases!
What's up RG, this is better than my first copy lol. But I'd say you definitely need to make this much more believable. If you can't use credibility I would recommend making the beach story longer and more detailed. Make them desire the ebook without even knowing for sure if it works. Good job, keep writing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.