Recently a serial poster’s thread in this forum was heavily “tagged” with various “creative” insults. It’s not the first time it has happened, and it probably won’t be the last.
I’ll admit it. I laughed my a** off when I first saw it. Hey I’m only human. To a certain extend he deserved it. But after a while it got me really thinking, is it really necessary? And is that what a mature person would do?
I feel that we can, and should be civil to people whom we don’t agree with. A healthy debate/discussion would be great and mentally stimulating as well. But adding insulting tags to demean the person? What would that accomplish?
I personally feel that we should never hit below the belt. I normally choose not to respond if it’s not worth it. Either the person won’t appreciate your response or he/she won’t get it, and you’d only end up wasting your time and effort. It’s a lose-lose situation.
Don’t stoop as low as the other party. Be the bigger person. And here are some memes/quotes for your entertainment:

P.S.: on a completely different matter, how does one add/edit the tags in a thread?
I’ll admit it. I laughed my a** off when I first saw it. Hey I’m only human. To a certain extend he deserved it. But after a while it got me really thinking, is it really necessary? And is that what a mature person would do?
I feel that we can, and should be civil to people whom we don’t agree with. A healthy debate/discussion would be great and mentally stimulating as well. But adding insulting tags to demean the person? What would that accomplish?
I personally feel that we should never hit below the belt. I normally choose not to respond if it’s not worth it. Either the person won’t appreciate your response or he/she won’t get it, and you’d only end up wasting your time and effort. It’s a lose-lose situation.
Don’t stoop as low as the other party. Be the bigger person. And here are some memes/quotes for your entertainment:

P.S.: on a completely different matter, how does one add/edit the tags in a thread?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
