The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Legal Entrepreneur in Mexico

Roveso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 3, 2018
Hello everyone!

After spending a few days reading through the forum, I finally got the courage to write about me (this is the first online forum I have ever written on):

I am a lawyer in Mexico. I am currently working in the Federal Government, where my main activity is to draft judgments or verdicts in Tax related lawsuits. I am the right-hand man of a magistrate.

My current job was, in my college years, my dream job. When I studied, I thought it was a job full of purpose, because you solved trials and in that way, you helped other people, in a country where public services, such as the delivery of justice, are precarious.

Being in my current job, it was when I had what I now recognize as my FTE:

As part of my professional development (totally scripted mindset!!) I thought the next step was doing what I do at the Mexican Supreme Court. For this, after investigating, I found that the vast majority of lawyers working in the Mexican Supreme Court, had a master's degree from a Spanish University; this LLM was online, with a 5-week stay in Spain.

That is, I could study the LLM AND keeping my job, as long as I obtained a license (without pay) to go to Spain for 5 weeks. It should be noted that I was going to pay with my own money for this master's degree, which was in legal argumentation, that is, directly related to my activity.

Additionally, being admitted to that LLM is a big deal among the people who are dedicated to solving lawsuits, like me.

After all the paper work, and recommendation letters and everything, I WAS ADMITED! I just had to get the license.

When I told my boss he simply said, in a conversation that did not last more than 5 minutes, "No, sorry, but no. Maybe the next year, or the other. We don’t want to be controversial."

That event changed my way of seeing my current position. I no longer wanted to get to the Supreme Court, because when I was there, I would have to ask another person for permission to study and continue improving myself!

All that happened when I turned 30 years old. It completely changed my approach and I began to think about how to leave my job in the Federal Government and become independent.

After a process of three years of preparation, I am about to start a law office; this is so recent that I still do not leave my job in the Federal Government.

Last month I read MFL. Thanks to everything that MJ shares with us in his book, I was able to reevaluate many things in the son-to-be office, and I even changed approaches to try to adapt it as much as possible to the CENTS methodology.

I hope to continue updating my adventure as a legal entrepeneur. Again, thank you MJ for your wisdom, I hope to put it into practice and be able to tell a story of success in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
Hi Roveso!

Welcome!

Cool that you shared your story. It would be an interesting and different (in a good way) kind of progress thread to follow - starting a law office with a CENTS mindset. Would love to follow along your journey.

Roveso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 3, 2018
Hi Roveso!

Welcome!

Cool that you shared your story. It would be an interesting and different (in a good way) kind of progress thread to follow - starting a law office with a CENTS mindset. Would love to follow along your journey.

Thank you! I will surely be posting my advances! And also will be asking a lot of questions!

Roveso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 3, 2018
UPDATE

I had not written or visited the forum for a while, but I have new news:

July 15 was my last day of work in the Federal Court of Administrative Justice. Right now I am writing this from my new office.

I did not mention it in my first comment, but the legal office that I started, is similar to what in the United States is a Title Company. Although, the business does not perfectly comply with the CENTS methodology, in my country there is a large area of opportunity in this type of business, since by legal provision all employers have to contribute to the housing fund of the workers and, therefore, many people buy homes. I am currently implementing the strategy I will follow to get massive work from housing developers.

In another post I will better detail how I want to make this office become a CENTS company; but for now I only write because I'm excited !!

I believe that leaving my job will be the first of many good decisions I will take from now on!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...