The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Left / Right Brain Test

dhuang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 16, 2007

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anti-clockwise for me but I got her to switch pretty quick!

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
clockwise, and couldn't get her to switch at all. I could never get those optical image pictures either though, so no surprise.

It's not a boat, its a schooner!

Micklee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 4, 2007
NJ
I see it both ways. I write left-handed but am right-handed in sports. Guess that makes me balanced?...or just plain special. : )

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I see it both ways. I write left-handed but am right-handed in sports. Guess that makes me balanced?...or just plain special. : )

My dad writes with his left hand. Plays baseball (bats) with his left but golfs with his right. Plays tennis with his left but racketball with his right. etc. etc.

My daughter is right arm and hand dominate but left leg dominate.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I can not for the life of me get her to go counter clockwise.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I could swear she changes on her own.... I see her going both ways, but can't make her change sides at my own choice.... so I'm sure she is changing as soon as I get distracted!!!

pretty cool, by the way

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
My whole family can see her both ways..... I finally looked away from her - and out of the corner of my eye, I could see her leg going..... and got it to go the other way.

I was beginning to feel old and crusty and stuck in my ways!!! :coffee:

BLK85

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Sep 22, 2007
South Dakota
Clockwise for me. But if I look away or dont focus on it it will change then if I focus on it again it will change back to clockwise. I dont know I think its random.

dhuang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 16, 2007
If I look at the foot just above the shadow...and imagine it going the other way... and look up at the picture...It does go the other way!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Its really trippy if you look from the corner of your eye until you convince yourself she is going one way, only to turn and see her freeze and go the opposite direction. You can almost rotate her on your will a bit.

Crazy brain of ours.

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
What!! She only goes clockwise! I've been staring at this for 10 minutes and she doesn't go counterclockwise

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
What!! She only goes clockwise! I've been staring at this for 10 minutes and she doesn't go counterclockwise

I was the same way. Look away from her.... lose focus a bit. If you see the foot out of the corner of your eye - imagine the foot rotating in the other way....

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
This fascinates me...I can only see her spinning counter-clockwise. What are you guys focusing on that allows you to see her spinning in both directions???

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
my family (hubby and kids) can all do it while simply looking at her. I had to finally look away from the computer screen. I focused on something else in the room - and I was looking far enough away from her that I could barely see the motion of her foot rotating. Then I intentionally imagined her going the other way. After that, she switched.

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
This is crazy. I just went back and looked at the website and now I can only see her going counterclockwise. An hour ago all I saw was her going clockwise. I think the picture changes in time.

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
It doesn't change, just your perception of it changes. The wife and I were both looking at it at the same time, and each of us saw it going a different direction. Fun stuff, eh? :smx2:

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
I got it! I can make it change now thanks to the wife. Whenever the legs are about to become one you can either think it to go clockwise or counterclockwise. My first time looking I couldn't make it go counterclockwise at all. Then my second time looking an hour later was just the opposite. Now I can change it when The legs are about to overlap. Pretty crazy stuff.

Kevin

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 14, 2007
NYC
I could not get it to go counter for the life of me. I was getting extremely frustrated. But looking off the screen worked. Thanks for the tip. I was starting to be a naysayer lol.
Kevin

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
I started reading the left brain points outloud to my son, and then she suddenly turned the other way.

I needed the "order" of the left brain.

Now if I think "strategy" and/or "math & science" she goes counterclockwise.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
First saw it clockwise, then looked away and saw her counter-clockwise and was stuck for a bit. After trying to focus I was able to switch back and forth.

My sister couldnt see anything but clockwise.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.