The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jess Grey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Hi all -
I just finished Millionaire Fastlane and could not put it down! It was one of those books that had me going through it with my wife daily after nearly every chapter, trying to apply it all to my life. This is a game changer if you're up for it and I am more than ready to invest myself in making changes in how I currently operate.

I've worked in the restaurant industry for the majority of my adult life and at the beginning of my 30's I became middle management, which was a big deal at the time. Since then I've been promoted to running a multi-million dollar restaurant as the General Manager and while it was the top of the top as far as my professional career, I couldn't figure out why it still wasn't good enough. I was miserable and ended up leaving that job to find some answers and really dive into what it is that I wanted to be doing.
I sat down and read Millionaire Fastlane recently and the timing couldn't have been better. Every day I have done something to create forward momentum to get me to my next goal. I recently failed at landing a Director of Operations position with a newer restaurant but I took that failure as a positive. It forced me to accidentally write out a business plan (I know, I know, I don't need the plan just yet) but it forced me to put down on paper the operations of the business that will be my restaurant, not someone else's.
My plan: As of 2018, I will open up my own restaurant. My favorite part of the book (albeit there are many) was SUCS. I will create a team of people who work for/with me who will every day provide superior unexpected customer service (because I can't tell you how often I pay for awful customer service). This will pair with the rest of my operations to create a restaurant experience unlike any other.
I will open up other locations and eventually sell the business.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Short story long, I'm motivated and feel like I have the keys to success that I've been seeking.

Thank you, @MJ DeMarco. Your honesty and humility do not go unnoticed.

Yours,
Jess

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My plan: As of 2018, I will open up my own restaurant. My favorite part of the book (albeit there are many) was SUCS. I will create a team of people who work for/with me who will every day provide superior unexpected customer service (because I can't tell you how often I pay for awful customer service). This will pair with the rest of my operations to create a restaurant experience unlike any other.
I will open up other locations and eventually sell the business.

Wow, this is a big undertaking that most likely won't benefit from Commandment of Time for years. But I like the idea of leveraging your experience in something with a mid-term goal.

Welcome and thanks for posting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...