- Joined
- Mar 30, 2021
- Messages
- 52
Rep Bank
$365
$365
User Power: 144%
Hey all.
Where to begin?... I've been reading the forum for a week or 2 now, learning, soaking up wisdom like a sponge.
I want to learn programing and web development, because I'd like to change my job at the very least, but hopefully become a freelancer, so I can work from home. I'm 25 and I've been working full time for 2 years now. I don't like it, it sucks and it's not for me.
I'm really glad and grateful to have read the fastlane. So many things are begining to click, and I am becoming more sure of myself by the day, and I am ready to grow.
Thank you MJ.
I read many topics here, and watched countless videos about weather learning to code is a good choice in 2021, for the future, about how saturated the field is, about how wordpresses and other presses make producing a website a matter of dedicating a couple of hours in a weekend afternoon. I read about how you should outsource everything and learning difficult technical skills is a waste of time business wise.
I also read and listened to other opposing advice, like, programming is a very desirable skill, and that despite the competition there is always room for a business savvy digital expert.
I don't know, I don't care, I feel like I can't know what the truth is until I experience it for myself.
I was also considering joining Fox's Web Coaching program, and just jump in and focus on salesmanship, and on business, but I didn't feel congruence. I want to be sure of what I can make and I want to know what I can confidently deliver. I don't just want to wing everything. I know businesses and owners don't care about my code, but I care about my code, and I want to make sure it's good before I have the confidence to sell it.
-----
I really enjoy programming. I had a semester of python in college, and I had a bit of C, I had arduino, PLC, whatever, you name it. The funny part is I hated programming in college. Honestly it was just coding and syntax, it had nothing to do with coding and with the big picture of what is possible. I only recently got back into code, refreshing some python, and now I'm interested in the most popular and most used p language of the world: JavaScript.
I don't really have a clear vision of why I need to learn it, but I just feel it in my gut, and I wanna see it through... Hence this thread. This thread is mostly for me, so that I have an opportunity to review and revise what I've learned and write it down. Hopefully after a couple months/6/9 year I can really develop this thread and offer it as motivation for other aspiring learners.
I know it's not making me money now, and its not really a business execution thread, but I hope it still counts and I hope my progress exudes effort and fastlane mentality.
I will do my best to update my journey weekly.
Where to begin?... I've been reading the forum for a week or 2 now, learning, soaking up wisdom like a sponge.
I want to learn programing and web development, because I'd like to change my job at the very least, but hopefully become a freelancer, so I can work from home. I'm 25 and I've been working full time for 2 years now. I don't like it, it sucks and it's not for me.
I'm really glad and grateful to have read the fastlane. So many things are begining to click, and I am becoming more sure of myself by the day, and I am ready to grow.
Thank you MJ.
I read many topics here, and watched countless videos about weather learning to code is a good choice in 2021, for the future, about how saturated the field is, about how wordpresses and other presses make producing a website a matter of dedicating a couple of hours in a weekend afternoon. I read about how you should outsource everything and learning difficult technical skills is a waste of time business wise.
I also read and listened to other opposing advice, like, programming is a very desirable skill, and that despite the competition there is always room for a business savvy digital expert.
I don't know, I don't care, I feel like I can't know what the truth is until I experience it for myself.
I was also considering joining Fox's Web Coaching program, and just jump in and focus on salesmanship, and on business, but I didn't feel congruence. I want to be sure of what I can make and I want to know what I can confidently deliver. I don't just want to wing everything. I know businesses and owners don't care about my code, but I care about my code, and I want to make sure it's good before I have the confidence to sell it.
-----
I really enjoy programming. I had a semester of python in college, and I had a bit of C, I had arduino, PLC, whatever, you name it. The funny part is I hated programming in college. Honestly it was just coding and syntax, it had nothing to do with coding and with the big picture of what is possible. I only recently got back into code, refreshing some python, and now I'm interested in the most popular and most used p language of the world: JavaScript.
I don't really have a clear vision of why I need to learn it, but I just feel it in my gut, and I wanna see it through... Hence this thread. This thread is mostly for me, so that I have an opportunity to review and revise what I've learned and write it down. Hopefully after a couple months/6/9 year I can really develop this thread and offer it as motivation for other aspiring learners.
I know it's not making me money now, and its not really a business execution thread, but I hope it still counts and I hope my progress exudes effort and fastlane mentality.
I will do my best to update my journey weekly.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?


