The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learn from my mistake - counterfeit goods

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
I hope this failure of mine can be served as a warning to anyone who might fall into the same scam I found myself in.

A few years ago, I was on Wish.com comparing their prices to those of the same items on Ebay and Amazon for the purposes of re-selling or "flipping". I came across a cologne called "Creed", which was being sold on Wish.com for something like $16-$24. I noticed that on Ebay and Amazon the average price was well into the $120-$200 range. In my naivete I bought something like 50 from Wish.com for $20 each, then listed them on Ebay, each for about $100.

Sure enough, the people I sold them to apparently knew my product better than I did and virtually all but 2 or 3 purchasers complained and wanted their money back, stating that I was selling them a knock-off. I apologized, refunded their money right away and looked into the issue (I had some of the Wish.com versions in inventory laying around my house, and bought a $200 version from Amazon), and sure enough the scents couldn't be less similar.

Look out for this on Wish.com, SPECIFICALLY the cologne "Creed".

Anyone else have any similar problems with Wish.com?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This is what's called "money chasing".

Glad to hear you did the right thing and refunded customers.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Wish is full of fake stuff! But some of the real stuff is usually quite a deal. Oh the benefits of lax labor laws...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Why are you spinning your wheels on such a stupid “business” in the first place? Where was this going to go?

Obviously everything on wish.com is fake. I just went there, you have got to be kidding me. I have a hard time believing you didn’t know. If this went well, it would have been $4000 and you still wouldn’t have a business or anything of value being built.

Irrespective of true intentions, if this is ultimately what you decided was your plan after reading the books and spending a few weeks here you need to think about keeping the day job.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
Why are you spinning your wheels on such a stupid “business” in the first place? Where was this going to go?

Obviously everything on wish.com is fake. I just went there, you have got to be kidding me. I have a hard time believing you didn’t know. If this went well, it would have been $4000 and you still wouldn’t have a business or anything of value being built.

Irrespective of true intentions, if this is ultimately what you decided was your plan after reading the books and spending a few weeks here you need to think about keeping the day job.

I did this way before reading any of MJ's books. This was to be more of a "money on the side thing" rather than a business. Almost an experiment of sorts to find out if it was even possible to make money this way. Having people think I was a scammer hurt a lot more than not making money from the endeavor. Looking back I see that I did a LOT wrong from the get-go.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
This is a good way to get hooked. Thinking baaaaaack.... looooong ago I guess I did this too. I used to buy things at the $1 store and take them to a booth in the flea market. It kind of made me see that I could make money without working for a business. Not to this extreme ($1000) but to a LOT of people that don't have much, they need to prove to their self that they can take something that costs $1 and sell it for more. Then they can build up their confidence. A music box I bought for $1, sold for $10 and I was convinced I was about to rule the world within the next few months. And then.... the dream started churning in my head...... Who knew that 30 years later I'd be sitting here on a thing called the internet and eating cookies & milk at 2am not worrying about going to work at Burger King in the morning.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.