The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Last month I had 86,000 visitors to my new site and I could use your help

atmosphere13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 23, 2012
San Diego, CA
I have been slowly building Knowledge For Men | empowering men to live betterKnowledge For Men ever since I joined this forum. In fact, I actually quit my full time job 6 weeks ago to go full force on this. View my TMF post here: FINALLY quit my high paying salary job to create, build and grow!!!

In my first month of working full time on the site I am proud to say I had 86,000 visitors.

Target market is male, North American, age 20-50

I would like to ask the community at TMF if any thought leaders are interested in writing an article(s) for Knowledge For Men in the entrepreneurship, financial freedom, wealth creation, motivation, success space.

Ultimately, this would give you an opportunity to reach more people, expand your personal brand, increase your subscribers and sales. You would have a backlink to a landing page of your choice at the bottom of your article.

I would also like to interview thought leaders for 1 hour via skype or in person (if possible) and create commercials for the product/services the thought leader sells during the interview. Every 15min a brief 20 second commercial would appear to to sell the thought leaders product or service.

Best,

Andrew
Founder of Knowledge For Men | empowering men to live betterKnowledge For Men

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Sounds good, I just PMed you.

Looking at your site I see you have an opt-in form.. I'm betting if you can giveaway 4 resources for the biggies ("Health, Wealth, Relationships and Growth") your opt-ins would skyrocket. Right now it looks a little pervy/cheesy/corny.. but if it were some sort of 'guys package' it would probably seem more appealing to more of your demographic.

atmosphere13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 23, 2012
San Diego, CA
Sounds good, I just PMed you.

Looking at your site I see you have an opt-in form.. I'm betting if you can giveaway 4 resources for the biggies ("Health, Wealth, Relationships and Growth") your opt-ins would skyrocket. Right now it looks a little pervy/cheesy/corny.. but if it were some sort of 'guys package' it would probably seem more appealing to more of your demographic.

Yes it does. I am actually working on a Knowledge For Men Toolkit where I give 4 free products away:
- Primal Attraction (dating)
- Breakthrough (entrepreneurship 101)
- Find your Passion Guide
- A Man's Guide to Healthy Life

All of this should be available by the first week of August 2013. And I will continuously add to it in the future.

D

DeletedUser9

Is this site supporting you financially ?

How much did you make off the 86,000 people who visited your site ?

G

GuestUser8117

I love these kind of sites. Just like askmen.com or art of manliness.com. There is a good need. :)

G

GuestUser8117

I saw your article on approaching women andrew. I'm gonna take this challenge. Question: how do you monetize your website?

arobinson04

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 7, 2013
First, congrats on the success of your blog! I checked it out and it looks pretty good.

Right now I don't monetize. I will in the near future. I'm just trying to provide as much value as possible to my readers.

What exactly are you waiting for to monetize?

And how long has it taken you to get to 86,000 visitors? What tactics have you used to grow your readership?

Gravytrain

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Blog looks great OP, simple but effective theme. A couple things:

1) Post more often... there's a zillion content ideas in this niche. We do work for a client in your space and we do a post a day on various topics. The longtail traffic alone makes this worth it.

2) Go in and tag a post with health as you're getting a blank page when you click "Health" in the menu. Health Archives | Knowledge For MenKnowledge For Men

Other than that, looks good and good luck with it! Build that list...

paqman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 22, 2013
Beach, CA
Hey Andrew,

Congrats on your success and venture! I didn't get to catch much of your story at the meetup, so glad I can see what you're up to...

You may want to verify those 86k numbers... Something seems off. Your YT videos have, collectively, not broken the 2k mark. Since your site is pretty laden with video content, I would imagine people would launch (at least) that first YT video for the 30 day challenge. (Great challenge BTW).

Using Google Analytics, using the Yoast plugin, all seems fine. But wondering where those visits are being sourced from? Direct links? Paid search? Organic?

Also, as suggested above, don't wait to monetize - or at least build your funnels. The toolkit is ideal. Four products bundled into 1 offer is huge. Maybe you should giveaway 1 by choice, then they can upsell into the bundle package. (This can also give you insight on your main draw - if EVERYONE/MAJORITY want the dating book, then you know most of your traffic is there for dating content - you can then build that out more - or make your other sections more compelling to even the field)

Example: (Total for all 4 = $146)
1) Primal Attraction (dating) - $29
2) Breakthrough (entrepreneurship 101) - $49
3) Find your Passion Guide - $29
4) A Man's Guide to Healthy Life - $39

Get your first one free, then they can buy all 3 additional for $99 (discounted)

Or, sell them into a monthly membership... Aweber auto-resp. Buy in is $25/mo. Month 1, Book 1. Month 2, Book 2. Etc.

I think you have some valuable content. But find a way to lock that content into generating some $$ ASAP. Gotta keep your entertainment budget well funded for your next 30-day challenge. :)

So many ways to kick start your online revenue generation... Don't be afraid it will turn off eyeballs. Valuable content will get them there, keep them interested, and you can then make them want more (of what's inside the "member" or "elite" inner circle).

sunnydaplayer1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 1, 2012
Asia
Hi atmos, ;) congratulations for your massive success on your venture. I have written a few blogs in the past but never for backlinks. Right now, call it Law of Attraction or what, I need sm subscriptions for a website/landing page and you need a blog. I can sum up an article as best to my knowledge and abilities. If you like and approve it, you can publish it on your site, and hopefully I will get some subscriptions in the process. Plz. PM me with a subject for the blog you want to be written or let me be original, if you want. Good Luck to You, brother. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.