The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lambo

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think it looks hideous. :(

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
So Lambo lovers, what would you rather have?

560 or 640?

560:
Lambo_Gallardo_LP560-4_207_1024x768.jpg

640:

hamann_lp640_hi002.jpg

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
I think it looks hideous. :(

I completely agree, although you do have to respect the time and talent that went into it. I could imagine some really cool looking stuff with the same Sharpie concept being used.

Of course I don't think this job was done with attractive cosmetics being the priority. That is usually the goal kids go for when plastering vinyl ebay graphics all over their "tuner" cars. The artist that did this clearly went for creativity/uniqueness, expression, all the same stuff artists preach and sensationalize. How many people do you know...or even heard of, that can do that with a Sharpie?

This car was done quite a while ago(about 2 years), I think the artist did it over 3M clear bra stuff.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Whats sad is the OCD side of me wants to shout, "Hey, you forgot the mirrors!"

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Looks like they let some kids lose with markers.

Not a Lambo fan, rather have something faster.

jaguar_xj_220_green_b.jpg

user1093_1176699616.jpg

Or if it has to be Italian something that actualy runs, like a Ferrari! lol.

Colbehh

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 7, 2008
Looks like they let some kids lose with markers.

Not a Lambo fan, rather have something faster.

haha, everytime I see those Jags, I think of the opening scene in Need for Speed.

The sharpie Lambo...while disgusting is pretty cool and 560 ftw.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
I think the Sharpied Lambo looks good. Reminds me of engraved silver. NOW THAT WOULD BE SICK! A dark gray finish with detailed filigree on every surface! Like this bad boy!
engravedhkgun.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

So tell me, how many Lambo's or Ferrari's have you owned? I'd like to hear your first hand experience. And please, I don't want to hear "my uncle/brother/buddy/neighbor had one and ..."

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Touchy, I was just joking.:smxB:

I have no idea what you have, nore do I realy care. But its pretty common knowledge that the early Diablo's and Countach's were not exactly bastions of quality. Still that doesn't really matter much. Ferrari raids the Fiat parts bin all the time as well.

No Italian cars for me, I prefer German. I have had three Mercedes S class's, two diesel one gas.

I like the three pointed star and Jag's. Kind of want an XJR next.

2004.jaguar.xjr.23013-396x249.jpg

A.jpg

After a few deals maybe my business will get me a weekend toy... They overheat at the drop of a hat, and will refuse to start if you look at them funny, but ehh its all good.:icon_super:

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
haha, everytime I see those Jags, I think of the opening scene in Need for Speed.

The sharpie Lambo...while disgusting is pretty cool and 560 ftw.

Yeah that was a fun game, IMHO the XJ220 is very underrated. Despite its V6 and the fact that its a British car with the prince of darkness wiring, its fast, very fast. Probably faster than most modern super cars.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pBlggPbPR4]YouTube - Top Gear - Supercars - Old vs New(Pagani Zonda, Jaguar XJ220[/ame]

The EB110 is also a pretty complicated but cool car. A Lotus Esprit V8, is another less commen super car thats amazing.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody."
-Frank Sinatra

Banthaman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 15, 2008
Earth... yes that is specific
In regards to the first pic/link no offense but it looks like a tattoo slammed into a Persian rug and barfed on a car.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
That is usually the goal kids go for when plastering vinyl ebay graphics all over their "tuner" cars.

aside from the "ebay" reference....... *AHEM* this is very profitable... so please oh pleasedont bash it and put it on a stereotype.

Roman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 21, 2008
Pacific NW
Kinda reminds me of Graffiti in Poor Streets lol, but a Lamborghini is a Lamborghini no matter what you do with it...

I love the look of Clean Cars, nothing extra like in this case the Paintjob.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody."
-Frank Sinatra

Packard "Ask the man who owns one":coolgleamA:

During Sinatra's day the Duesenberg was the car you had if you were someone. Heck you can buy an early Diablo or 355 for what a grill or supercharger costs on one of those lol! Hard to compare to a modern car, maybe an Enzo, or Veyron.

1935_duesenberg_sj.JPG

I still think these are the best cars ever made, 4 valves per cylinder, two overhead cams, etc, etc. And yes it is a Hemi, Chrysler was far from the first one to use that head design. Also they were American, we did build the best cars in the world for quite awhile.

A Duesenberg would cost you $15k-$25k, and they were selling them during the depression when you could buy a Model T for what $300?

LaurenO

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Phoenix
I personally think the Sharpie Lambo looks amazing. I admire the detail and creativity that went into it.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
aside from the "ebay" reference....... *AHEM* this is very profitable... so please oh pleasedont bash it and put it on a stereotype.

I don't understand what you're saying. I KNOW it is a very profitable business, I'm not bashing that. I have very good and close friends that make a decent income off catering to this "tuner" crowd. I use quotation marks because most of them ARE NOT tuners(build high power street/race cars).

I'm not bashing the business, I'm bashing the market. I have been surrounded by the ignorance of these kids and it is quite amusing. Please don't confuse my criticism towards the "ricer" crowd for the real tuners of high performance imports/euros. I have owned and modified import vehicles in the past and worked for a very reputable shop that builds 500+ hp Hondas, with a couple(even their own race car) in the 700hp range. Kids would come in there almost daily wanting to BUY our window decals and windshield banners without spending a single dime on a part in the store. So they would pay us to advertise the shop. Hell yea, that's damn good business, but those are idiot customers IMO.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
I don't understand what you're saying. I KNOW it is a very profitable business, I'm not bashing that. I have very good and close friends that make a decent income off catering to this "tuner" crowd. I use quotation marks because most of them ARE NOT tuners(build high power street/race cars).

I'm not bashing the business, I'm bashing the market. I have been surrounded by the ignorance of these kids and it is quite amusing. Please don't confuse my criticism towards the "ricer" crowd for the real tuners of high performance imports/euros. I have owned and modified import vehicles in the past and worked for a very reputable shop that builds 500+ hp Hondas, with a couple(even their own race car) in the 700hp range. Kids would come in there almost daily wanting to BUY our window decals and windshield banners without spending a single dime on a part in the store. So they would pay us to advertise the shop. Hell yea, that's damn good business, but those are idiot customers IMO.

I shouldn't say I'm bashing the market, just the taste and appeal of ebay car graphics. If you are going to do it, there is a difference b/w cheap, generic graphics and having a custom one made or getting the nice quality tuner shop ones(TopSpeed, Veilside, Nismo, etc.)

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
The problem with those 500hp Civic's is that they are front wheel drive. While it is cool that they managed to screw 500hp out of a little 4 banger, its still FWD. So that causes some problems trying to launch, and trying to get it around a corner. With a proper RWD car you can steer with the throttle, not with one of those.

FWD makes a lot of sense on daily drivers because its cheaper to make, easy to package, and if you hit a corner to fast and run out of talent you just plow and scrub speed.

How do you launch a 500hp Civic anyway? I would think you would need to ease into it, and add the power as you go? Its certianly not stomp and go like an Audi, or go a bit and stomp like a Mercedes. Something like that must be scary in the rain.

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I think the low-end power on those civics is pretty weak, so launches require some good judgment on throttle position so you don't bog it down or just spin the tires. It would be pretty tough, but I bet it's fun! :p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.