The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Khabib vs Conor

Who will win, Conor or Khabib?

• Conor McGregor

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Khabib Nurmagomedov

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Alright everyone, here it is. Biggest night in MMA history. Who's it gonna be? What are your predictions? Let's here em!

khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-conor-mcgregor.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
If khabib goes to ground with McGregor, its khabib all the way.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Conor's standup didn't look as good as when he last fought, he looked slow...

I think Khabib was mad because Conor tapped and Khabib wasn't even trying to finish him just control him..

Lots of exciting fights!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
That Derrick Lewis hit... damn.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
F*ckin Herb Dean was just letting Khabib lay on Conor for minutes straight. Was like when he let Roy Nelson lay on Kimbo for basically the whole fight.

That Derrick Lewis hit... damn.
Not gonna lie, I thought Lewis was completely gassed and just gonna land a few shots... was I ever wrong

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Conor lost the fight but he won the war, this small loss to Khabib doesn't take anything away from him.

He'll learn from this match and come back stronger, meanwhile Khabib will deal with the consequences of his actions.

Most likely Dana will use this as promotion for their second fight and I already predict Conor will win that one.

He just needs to work on a few things from what I saw.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Conor lost the fight but he won the war, this small loss to Khabib doesn't take anything away from him.

He'll learn from this match and come back stronger, meanwhile Khabib will deal with the consequences of his actions.

Most likely Dana will use this as promotion for their second fight and I already predict Conor will win that one.

He just needs to work on a few things from what I saw.

Only way that Conor would have been given a rematch. Is if Khabib said yes, to a part two.

Khabib missed a HUGE opportunity here. The opportunity to be the bigger man. After the fight, he should have respected Conor. Helping Conor up. Squashing the animosity for a brief period. That didn't happen.

From Conor illegally hooking his gloves. Conor kneeing a downed opponent. And Conor holding onto the cage with his feet.

A clearly level headed guy. Went berserk. I can't fault him for his actions though. He shouldn't have been provoked. Remain levelheaded. You just dominated a world class fighter. Because you are a world class fighter.

I think Conor knew exactly what he was doing.

I think Khabib will be given a year suspension from the Nevada Athletic Commission. I don't think he will be lose his visa. I don't think he will be suspended by the UFC. Just a fine from UFC and etc.

With Khabib being stripped. Tony Ferguson will be interim champion.

Ferguson vs McGregor around Dec 2018 - Feb 2019.

That is how I see it. I would be shocked if Khabib doesn't get at least a 6 month suspension.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
Ye Khabib made it look so simple. Or was Conor too weak? anyway Khabib won.

Only way that Conor would have been given a rematch. Is if Khabib said yes, to a part two.

Khabib missed a HUGE opportunity here. The opportunity to be the bigger man. After the fight, he should have respected Conor. Helping Conor up. Squashing the animosity for a brief period. That didn't happen.

I agree it was a mistake even Khabib agrees it was a mistake to act the way he did. However from humans everyday life point of view - if you get attacked by a team of gang members when you're on your bus nearly killing your friends, get insulted by them every time you meet them publicly and privately, then getting insulted by the team members when you're trying to focus on the match - isn't a violent comeback expected? without the "sportsmanship BS talk" or super human levels of patience....wouldn't you expect it from any normal human being that has feelings and feels pressured? happens every single day in every school around the world...

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Some thoughts...

I think Conor got what he deserved. He has been happy to dish out some serious personal insults and smack talk for a long time. He jumped the cage at Aldo before, jumped in the cage at a fight that wasn't his and tried to fight the ref, and also the bus incident. He has been happy to build up the hype saying and doing whatever he could to raise the stakes.

Khabib sees those antics very differently. He doesn't see it as business, he sees it as massive disrespect. Conor insulted everything about him (country, religion, family, background) and he was out for revenge. Even when the fight was won Conor's cornerman was still trying to get at him. What he did was clearly not planned out but something like this was inevitable from how wound up they had him. Jumping out of the ring was not a smart move but he seems like the sort of guy who values his respect more than some fines and a suspension.

Conor has been happy to skip out on the UFC for two years and expected to just back in and take over. Khabib has been training hard with a sole focus and massive determination.

I put the blame on Dana - if you want to be taken seriously as a sport then have a rule set that applies across the board. Conor has gotten away with so much stuff that others would be banned for right away. If you can't control one fighter then don't be surprised when another doesn't care about the rules either.

Anyway, I'm sure this is great for the UFC. Huge press today and even if it is negative it spreads the word. No one really got hurt and no major damage done.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Some thoughts...

I think Conor got what he deserved. He has been happy to dish out some serious personal insults and smack talk for a long time. He jumped the cage at Aldo before, jumped in the cage at a fight that wasn't his and tried to fight the ref, and also the bus incident. He has been happy to build up the hype saying and doing whatever he could to raise the stakes.

Khabib sees those antics very differently. He doesn't see it as business, he sees it as massive disrespect. Conor insulted everything about him (country, religion, family, background) and he was out for revenge. Even when the fight was won Conor's cornerman was still trying to get at him. What he did was clearly not planned out but something like this was inevitable from how wound up they had him. Jumping out of the ring was not a smart move but he seems like the sort of guy who values his respect more than some fines and a suspension.

Conor has been happy to skip out on the UFC for two years and expected to just back in and take over. Khabib has been training hard with a sole focus and massive determination.

I put the blame on Dana - if you want to be taken seriously as a sport then have a rule set that applies across the board. Conor has gotten away with so much stuff that others would be banned for right away. If you can't control one fighter then don't be surprised when another doesn't care about the rules either.

Anyway, I'm sure this is great for the UFC. Huge press today and even if it is negative it spreads the word. No one really got hurt and no major damage done.
I agree with your assessments

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Some thoughts...

Without Conor, UFC wouldn't be half as big as it is.

I know I wouldn't be watching, he makes it interesting. If Khabib didn't want Conor to get personal, he shouldn't have messed with his boy.

After his win that humble mask got torn right off and Khabib showed his true colors.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Ye Khabib made it look so simple. Or was Conor too weak? anyway Khabib won.
I think Conor did well. He could have done better with the striking especially since he got rocked by Khabib. Conor also showed excellent takedown defense.

Khabib is a world class grappler. Once he gets you down on the ground it't difficult to get out of. Khabib did an excellent job of wrapping his legs around Conor's legs holding him there. 3 keys in gappling: Tight, Weight and Pressure. He did all three. He kept his weight down and kept tight and maintained pressure.

Conor did a good job with turning to his side but he should have kept shrimping and pushing away from Khabib's legs to get out. Conor should have also immediately fought the hands off him. But khabib's arms were sunk in and Conor eventually had to tap.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Did you watch the fight?
Yes I did a couple of times.... you can see that just before Conor taps Khabib relaxes his right arm slightly to resqueeze then Conor taps...

Just my thought from watching Khabib's reaction he seemed upset that Conor ended it instead of him being able to put more of a pounding on him..

Think he would have rather had Conor turn onto his back for ground n pound...

Like I said he didn't seem happy that Conor submitted hence my reasoning..

Is a good interview with Conor's coach on Joe Rogans Podcast, they weren't interested in using any energy in first couple rounds.. Which was obvious in the first round.. Just Conor didn't look that sharp when he had chances later..
His Coach also briefly goes over his thinking on prize fighting in that fighters are risking there health for a prize, hence the sport part of it being sidetracked as long as the prize/payday is there.

Khabib looked at his best, Conor didn't...

Of course Conor is going to make 25-50million for this fight.. and presumably his near future fights also. So he is also looking to fight another day instead of warrior it out and take massive damage..

He's aiming to hit billionaire by 35... He has his whiskey, his promotion company, media etc.. so the fights might be more just too cash in and finish his ufc deal..

The UFC pulls in almost 10times more pay per view buys when Conor fights, is not even a point of discussion on keeping him from fighting.

Some of the fighters understand and appreciate what Conor is doing, Khabib doesn't get it/care. During that press conference that Conor was late too and Khabib started by himself, made me think that Khabib needs Vince McMahon to coach him into turning the crowd to his side.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Yes I did a couple of times.... you can see that just before Conor taps Khabib relaxes his right arm slightly to resqueeze then Conor taps...

Just my thought from watching Khabib's reaction he seemed upset that Conor ended it instead of him being able to put more of a pounding on him..

Is a good interview with Conor's coach on Joe Rogans Podcast, they weren't interested in using any energy in first couple rounds.. Which was obvious in the first round.. Just Conor didn't look that sharp when he had chances later..
His Coach also briefly goes over his thinking on prize fighting in that fighters are risking there health for a prize, hence the sport part of it being sidetracked as long as the prize/payday is there.

Of course Conor is going to make 25-50million for this fight.. and presumably his near future fights also. So he is also looking to fight another day instead of warrior it out and take massive damage..

He's aiming to hit billionaire by 35... He has his whiskey, his promotion company, media etc.. so the fights might be more just too cash in and finish his ufc deal..

The UFC pulls in almost 10times more pay per view buys when Conor fights, is not even a point of discussion on keeping him from fighting.

Some of the fighters understand and appreciate what Conor is doing, Khabib doesn't get it/care. During that press conference that Conor was late too and Khabib started by himself, made me think that Khabib needs Vince McMahon to coach him into turning the crowd to his side.
I don't think Kahbib cares about the crowd. As Khabib said, "Conor wants money. I want legacy."

GregDott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 20, 2018
Eta Carinae
I think Khabib was mad because Conor tapped and Khabib wasn't even trying to finish him just control him..

Hmmmmm... Not so sure about that. I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I know exactly what it's like to be in the position Connor was in. That's not just a "control" position. That's second prize to choking your opponent. When someone puts that pressure on, but is unable to lock in a proper choke it turns into a neck crank. Also, the pressure on your jaw at that point makes it feel like its going to snap. Any person hoping to preserve their mandible will tap to that.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Hmmmmm... Not so sure about that. I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I know exactly what it's like to be in the position Connor was in. That's not just a "control" position. That's second prize to choking your opponent. When someone puts that pressure on, but is unable to lock in a proper choke it turns into a neck crank. Also, the pressure on your jaw at that point makes it feel like its going to snap. Any person hoping to preserve their mandible will tap to that.
That forearm bone to jaw pressure is one of the most uncomfortable things in the world.

I never get a snap feeling but it's just that pressure. Very uncomfortable.

To me a rear naked choke is one of the hardest to defend from and one of the hardest to choke someone out with.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada

Yes I understand that, but Khabib didn't look exactly happy that the fight was stopped... Sometimes a submission is used to have your opponent move a certain way... Conor may have realized his options and just tapped..
I just don't get the feeling that Khabib was squeezing for all he was worth to finish Conor, I get more the sense that he was like why the hell did he tap when I wasn't even trying to finish you...
Does this matter in grand scheme nope.. Just how I saw it go down...

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia

Khabib came mad overall because Conor shat on his religion, country, family etc which khabib took very personally.

It had nothing to do with Conor tapping.

And their payout is Conor 3mil, khabib 2mil so its not as much as you wrote.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Khabib came mad overall because Conor shat on his religion, country, family etc which khabib took very personally.

It had nothing to do with Conor tapping.

And their payout is Conor 3mil, khabib 2mil so its not as much as you wrote.

That 3mil and 2mil is guaranteed fight money..

I Believe Conor gets a cut of the PPV (maybe they both do) .. Think the PPV for 229 numbers are close too 2.4 million buys compare with the last ppv UFC 228 with 138k buys and you can see why Conor gets preferential treatment..

Also not sure if Conor co-promoted with his own company, but you see less of him doing interviews under UFC banner and more under his own brand..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.