• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Khabib vs Conor

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by Ninjakid, Oct 6, 2018.

Tags:

Who will win, Conor or Khabib?

Poll closed Oct 7, 2018.
  1. Conor McGregor

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Khabib Nurmagomedov

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,791
    Alright everyone, here it is. Biggest night in MMA history. Who's it gonna be? What are your predictions? Let's here em!

[​IMG]

Daniel A likes this.
  2. Ayanle Farah

Ayanle Farah Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,226
    Conor will win imo.

3. papi016

papi016 Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $293
    If it goes more than 2 rounds Khabib.

BrooklynHustle and Xeon like this.
  4. Daniel A

Daniel A DIESEL Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,871
    Man, I was going to start this thread! I don't know. However, both of them come from humble beginnings, and I respect them both.

HERE WE GO! :fistbump:

5. DVU

DVU In Progress Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,700
    If khabib goes to ground with McGregor, its khabib all the way.

jasoncuellar123 likes this.
  6. Daniel A

Rep Bank:
    $4,871
    Derrick Lewis made a major comeback! He's about to go on the JRE now too watch.

7. Daniel A

Rep Bank:
    $4,871
    :jawdrop:

8. Fastlane Liam

Fastlane Liam Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,883
    Well that was a bit of a crazy ending. Khabib won though, I thought he was the better fighter.

BrooklynHustle likes this.
  9. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,283
    And that's why you don't talk sh*t about Russians haha

Supercar, Fastlane Liam and GSF like this.
  10. TheCj

TheCj Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $117
    Conor's standup didn't look as good as when he last fought, he looked slow...

I think Khabib was mad because Conor tapped and Khabib wasn't even trying to finish him just control him..

Lots of exciting fights!

11. Ninjakid

Rep Bank:
    $9,791
    Wow what a sh*tshow...

12. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke The .45 longslide, with laser sighting. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,090
  13. DVU

DVU In Progress Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,700
    Did you watch the fight?

14. Ninjakid

Rep Bank:
    $9,791
    f*ckin Herb Dean was just letting Khabib lay on Conor for minutes straight. Was like when he let Roy Nelson lay on Kimbo for basically the whole fight.

Not gonna lie, I thought Lewis was completely gassed and just gonna land a few shots... was I ever wrong

SquatchMan and Raoul Duke like this.
  15. Ayanle Farah

Rep Bank:
    $2,226
    Conor lost the fight but he won the war, this small loss to Khabib doesn't take anything away from him.

He'll learn from this match and come back stronger, meanwhile Khabib will deal with the consequences of his actions.

Most likely Dana will use this as promotion for their second fight and I already predict Conor will win that one.

He just needs to work on a few things from what I saw.

16. Timmy1990

Timmy1990 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,895
    That was insane.

I never gave Conor a chance at all to be honest.

17. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke The .45 longslide, with laser sighting. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,090
    Only way that Conor would have been given a rematch. Is if Khabib said yes, to a part two.

Khabib missed a HUGE opportunity here. The opportunity to be the bigger man. After the fight, he should have respected Conor. Helping Conor up. Squashing the animosity for a brief period. That didn't happen.

From Conor illegally hooking his gloves. Conor kneeing a downed opponent. And Conor holding onto the cage with his feet.

A clearly level headed guy. Went berserk. I can't fault him for his actions though. He shouldn't have been provoked. Remain levelheaded. You just dominated a world class fighter. Because you are a world class fighter.

I think Conor knew exactly what he was doing.

I think Khabib will be given a year suspension from the Nevada Athletic Commission. I don't think he will be lose his visa. I don't think he will be suspended by the UFC. Just a fine from UFC and etc.

With Khabib being stripped. Tony Ferguson will be interim champion.

Ferguson vs McGregor around Dec 2018 - Feb 2019.

That is how I see it. I would be shocked if Khabib doesn't get at least a 6 month suspension.

TheCj likes this.
  18. Yzn

Yzn Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $50
    Ye Khabib made it look so simple. Or was Conor too weak? anyway Khabib won.

I agree it was a mistake even Khabib agrees it was a mistake to act the way he did. However from humans everyday life point of view - if you get attacked by a team of gang members when you're on your bus nearly killing your friends, get insulted by them every time you meet them publicly and privately, then getting insulted by the team members when you're trying to focus on the match - isn't a violent comeback expected? without the "sportsmanship BS talk" or super human levels of patience....wouldn't you expect it from any normal human being that has feelings and feels pressured? happens every single day in every school around the world...

19. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $72,607
    Some thoughts...

I think Conor got what he deserved. He has been happy to dish out some serious personal insults and smack talk for a long time. He jumped the cage at Aldo before, jumped in the cage at a fight that wasn't his and tried to fight the ref, and also the bus incident. He has been happy to build up the hype saying and doing whatever he could to raise the stakes.

Khabib sees those antics very differently. He doesn't see it as business, he sees it as massive disrespect. Conor insulted everything about him (country, religion, family, background) and he was out for revenge. Even when the fight was won Conor's cornerman was still trying to get at him. What he did was clearly not planned out but something like this was inevitable from how wound up they had him. Jumping out of the ring was not a smart move but he seems like the sort of guy who values his respect more than some fines and a suspension.

Conor has been happy to skip out on the UFC for two years and expected to just back in and take over. Khabib has been training hard with a sole focus and massive determination.

I put the blame on Dana - if you want to be taken seriously as a sport then have a rule set that applies across the board. Conor has gotten away with so much stuff that others would be banned for right away. If you can't control one fighter then don't be surprised when another doesn't care about the rules either.

Anyway, I'm sure this is great for the UFC. Huge press today and even if it is negative it spreads the word. No one really got hurt and no major damage done.

SquatchMan, GPM, TheCj and 8 others like this.
  20. BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,418
    I agree with your assessments

21. Ayanle Farah

Rep Bank:
    $2,226
    Without Conor, UFC wouldn't be half as big as it is.

I know I wouldn't be watching, he makes it interesting. If Khabib didn't want Conor to get personal, he shouldn't have messed with his boy.

After his win that humble mask got torn right off and Khabib showed his true colors.

SquatchMan likes this.
  22. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,028
    I think Conor did well. He could have done better with the striking especially since he got rocked by Khabib. Conor also showed excellent takedown defense.

Khabib is a world class grappler. Once he gets you down on the ground it't difficult to get out of. Khabib did an excellent job of wrapping his legs around Conor's legs holding him there. 3 keys in gappling: Tight, Weight and Pressure. He did all three. He kept his weight down and kept tight and maintained pressure.

Conor did a good job with turning to his side but he should have kept shrimping and pushing away from Khabib's legs to get out. Conor should have also immediately fought the hands off him. But khabib's arms were sunk in and Conor eventually had to tap.

23. TheCj

TheCj Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $117
    Yes I did a couple of times.... you can see that just before Conor taps Khabib relaxes his right arm slightly to resqueeze then Conor taps...

Just my thought from watching Khabib's reaction he seemed upset that Conor ended it instead of him being able to put more of a pounding on him..

Think he would have rather had Conor turn onto his back for ground n pound...

Like I said he didn't seem happy that Conor submitted hence my reasoning..

Is a good interview with Conor's coach on Joe Rogans Podcast, they weren't interested in using any energy in first couple rounds.. Which was obvious in the first round.. Just Conor didn't look that sharp when he had chances later..
    His Coach also briefly goes over his thinking on prize fighting in that fighters are risking there health for a prize, hence the sport part of it being sidetracked as long as the prize/payday is there.

Khabib looked at his best, Conor didn't...

Of course Conor is going to make 25-50million for this fight.. and presumably his near future fights also. So he is also looking to fight another day instead of warrior it out and take massive damage..

He's aiming to hit billionaire by 35... He has his whiskey, his promotion company, media etc.. so the fights might be more just too cash in and finish his ufc deal..

The UFC pulls in almost 10times more pay per view buys when Conor fights, is not even a point of discussion on keeping him from fighting.

Some of the fighters understand and appreciate what Conor is doing, Khabib doesn't get it/care. During that press conference that Conor was late too and Khabib started by himself, made me think that Khabib needs Vince McMahon to coach him into turning the crowd to his side.

24. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,028
    I don't think Kahbib cares about the crowd. As Khabib said, "Conor wants money. I want legacy."

Bearcorp and TheCj like this.
  25. GregDott

GregDott Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $489
    Hmmmmm... Not so sure about that. I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I know exactly what it's like to be in the position Connor was in. That's not just a "control" position. That's second prize to choking your opponent. When someone puts that pressure on, but is unable to lock in a proper choke it turns into a neck crank. Also, the pressure on your jaw at that point makes it feel like its going to snap. Any person hoping to preserve their mandible will tap to that.

TheCj and Kid like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.