The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

KAK's August 2019 Experiment in Self Control, Personal and Social Psychology

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If you are game, mix it up with mobility/flexibility training. Works wonder for overall performance, health and well-being.

This channel has some pretty good mobility workout.

And for anyone that is discounting it, try it once. Let me know how it goes.

I did P90X yoga all the time for golf. Flexability is magic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Monday is here again!

This marks the beginning of week two! Yes I am wearing a suit right now. People I see daily are getting used to it now. They aren't even making comments. It is like they just expect the excellence now... Which I like.

Spoiler alert, I like this so much that I will probably keep doing it. So much so that I ordered a shoulder rig for my carry gun that is perfect for under a jacket. Belt carry is gauche. I am not a cop, I am a businessman. :rofl:

So far the most dramatic effect to me has been my aversion to pigging out. The dietary support of wearing a suit or jacket is extremely interesting. "Is suit Kak the Kak that eats McDonalds?" "No. Suit Kak eats a healthy meal at home or gets a nice steak." My hypothesis: wearing a suit can be part of a healthy diet. Maybe @ChrisV can correlate the two.

There is also a more defined switch between head down work time and leisure time while I am working at home. Suit means I am working, then I retire to golf clothing in the late afternoon.

Reaching out to one new person every day has yet to pay off, but the magnitude of who I initiated contact with last week was VERY high. It would take hardly anything to pay off in the end. I am sure, if I continued to reach out to someone new, every day, for a year, there would be some multi-million dollar, immediate synergy somewhere. Granted, I have businesses that can seize that type of opportunity.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
So far the most dramatic effect to me has been my aversion to pigging out. The dietary support of wearing a suit or jacket is extremely interesting. "Is suit Kak the Kak that eats McDonalds?" "No. Suit Kak eats a healthy meal at home or gets a nice steak." My hypothesis: wearing a suit can be part of a healthy diet. Maybe@chrisv can correlate the two.

There was some research that found that by getting people to wash their hands, they were more likely to take on conservative values.

Conservatives value order. Conservatism is correlated with Conscientiousness.

So the neatness of the suit could be making you more conscientious about other lifestyle choices.

So it does seem like a likely hypothesis.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Today was the hardest day to put on the jacket and dress clothing. Woke up a little sick... Worked out anyway, gained weight somehow and decided I needed to play to win today...

I reached out to a chemical company that has the facilities I am looking for and asked if they are interested in selling me the company.

The book I am reading is Equal Is Unfair: America's Misguided Fight Against Income Inequality: Don Watkins, Yaron Brook: 9781250084446: Amazon.com: Gateway

It has some decent insight so far. We will see where it goes.

I still need to read the Journal.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Today was the hardest day to put on the jacket and dress clothing. Woke up a little sick... Worked out anyway, gained weight somehow and decided I needed to play to win today...

I reached out to a chemical company that has the facilities I am looking for and asked if they are interested in selling me the company.

The book I am reading is Equal Is Unfair: America's Misguided Fight Against Income Inequality: Don Watkins, Yaron Brook: 9781250084446: Amazon.com: Gateway

It has some decent insight so far. We will see where it goes.

I still need to read the Journal.

Equal is Unfair is a great book. If you enjoy it, you might also enjoy "The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels" by Alex Epstein.

Inspired by your thread I'm starting to dress better every day - thanks for the challenge!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Today marks the beginning of week 3! I am over the halfway mark. It has gone fast!

Still wearing a suit. I ended up having to buy a few more dress shirts than I already had. I also got rid of a few thing I didn't like wearing. This is something I anticipate continuing to do. I am more focused, more on point, and overall more effective while wearing a suit.

The reaching out to one person per day thing is TOO EASY NOT TO DO. It is a numbers game. I got ahold of a lobbying powerhouse last week and we might be able to work together on the govtech business. We will see where it goes, but that is new promising opportunity that would NOT have happened without this challenge.

The diet has been easier and easier to follow. The first week was pretty brutal not cheating one time. I have no doubt that Keto is a very healthy lifestyle diet when done right. Have not weighed in, but I am feeling slimmer and more energetic.

I am enjoying this challenge and at this point I could recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
WEEK 4. Final Week!

YES I have worn a suit or jacket every single day I worked this entire month. I have not missed a day. I can't say the same thing about the diet. I need to control myself better, I was about 90% on with that, which is NOT an excuse, and I know I can do better.

To say that this has been interesting would be an understatement. I now find myself being treated better in public and better service at restaurants.

One of my business partners mentioned that he noticed how busy I have been lately. Based on NOTHING, but the suit. I am sure he assumes that I am either coming from or going to somewhere important.

When you show up to a lunch meeting with someone extremely well dressed they have no choice, but to assume there was a reason you needed to be dressed that way. That builds credibility and it stops people from wasting your time.

Even down to the Costco card nazi at the entrance that won't let you in without you digging through your wallet for your membership card... I go there about twice a week. They have given me a pass every single time I was wearing the suit. No questions asked. Just a friendly "good afternoon" and I walked right in. Wearing golf clothes last night, I had gotten used to the new ability to just walk in... NOPE "I need to see your card."

Anyway. I am recommitting to the diet. It needs to be 100%

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It is Friday of week 4. It is THE LAST DAY of required suit wearing so I decided to wear my favorite and best suit. It is super 150s fabric. NOT an everyday suit. I also did a douche selfie!

There are probably things I will forget to unpack here and things y'all may want to know... That said I am going to open it up to an AMA.

20190830_093127.jpg 20190830_094153.jpg

Last edited:

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
That said I am going to open it up to an AMA.

So for the average forum member who wants to conduct business more like you, but might struggle doing all the things you've done this month, what one change would you say made the biggest difference and why?

To me it seems dressing for success is such an advantage and so easy it’s more “why wouldn’t you” than “why would you” but interested to hear your answer.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So for generic forum member who wants to conduct business more like you, but might struggle doing all the things you've done this month, what one change would you say made the biggest difference and why?
First of all, I struggled. I am 100% mortal human that had issues completing this task. Also, please know, I struggle with business too, like everyone that has ever built something worthwhile. Struggles are part of the process and I believe our success in business can almost completely be summed up by how we deal with one struggle and then the next and our willingness to continue.

Honestly, I pity the person that hasn't struggled in their journey, because those of us that have are FAR better prepared for the future.

I am going to full on say my diet relative to normal effort was probably only a 60% improvement and I don't attribute it to will power alone, I attribute it to the suits.

My talking to one new person every day? That got SUPRISINGLY hard and nothing financal has come of it yet... I probably missed only 2-3 days on this.

Reading? I found that once I tracked the reading I already did, that it pretty well matched the goal figures or exceeded it without any additional effort.

10 minutes of exercise and suits are the only things I 100% nailed the entire month. Likewise I think they also mattered the most. A suit puts you in a frame of mind to make things happen. It is like a definitive on and off switch to your effectiveness. When you are wearing a suit, or jacket, you are ON. In my case I always chose more healthy options while wearing a suit. I was always willing to take my efforts one step further while wearing a suit. Also, people I work with were willing to take THEIR efforts one step further as well. I had a suprisingly easy time getting shareholders and partners on board with various LARGE changes I wanted to make to the govtech business. Nothing was EVER going to be hostile with these folks, but some are resistant to change and him and haw for a while usually.

Exercise made me feel good about the person I was putting into the suit.

If I could ONLY CHOOSE ONE... It would be the suit because it beget a lot of the rest of the success I had with this challenge. I would call the exercise habit a close second.

When you wear a suit... A nice suit. You are the guy that wears nice suits. This isn't fake, you embody the concept. It is you. I am FULLY CONFIRMING a chemical mental difference in behavior.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I am going to full on say my diet relative to normal effort was probably only a 60% improvement and I don't attribute it to will power alone, I attribute it to the suits.

If I could ONLY CHOOSE ONE... It would be the suit because it beget a lot of the rest of the success I had with this challenge. I would call the exercise habit a close second.

When you wear a suit... A nice suit. You are the guy that wears nice suits. This isn't fake, you embody the concept. It is you. I am FULLY CONFIRMING a chemical mental difference in behavior.
That's pretty awesome right there. Related:

Honestly, I pity the person that hasn't struggled in their journey, because those of us that have are FAR better prepared for the future.
:thumbsup:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
This is from a quasi-experiment a hospital did in order to increase compliance with their hand-washing policy.

Before monitoring progress? Only 3 in 10 complied with the rules. After installing a system to monitor progress and give feedback, the compliance rate shot up to ~90%

I'm learning this with my employees right now.

I can say "fix the problem". It doesn't get fixed. Or I get a "we didn't have time to fix it". Repeat 3 times.

So then I sit everyone down, and no one leaves for an hour until we have layed out the problem, and a step by step process to fix it, along with who's doing what and when. Everyone agrees, feels good, and pats themselves on the back.

Then next week comes around and the process didn't happen. And we have the same problems again. Only I'm unaware, because it doesn't directly involve me. Then I find out 4 weeks later from someone.

I've forgotten the last piece of the puzzle in any process... monitoring and accountability. It's my job to make sure once a week, this process takes place. 10 seconds of my time, and as simple as asking a "did you do X yet?"

Identify problem, make plan to fix it, then be accountable to the plan.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Also, I got Facebook. After years of resisting, I finally decided I need a place to manage relationships with cool people I meet.

Uh-oh!

Were you serious with this one?

Delete it, get out now while you still can!! :cool:

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 12, 2012

I think there is value in owning and using things that represent something for you that is related to your goals. The value goes beyond the enjoyment you get from them.

I have heard a story about a real estate agent.
The agent bought himself a new high end car that represented success and achievement to HIM.
Before that he drove a cheap car because well it was cheap.
In the next year his business grew considerably.
The extra profits paid for his new car and than some.
He didn't change anyting in his business in that time frame.
He just felt more successful duo to the car when he drove to work and had a different attitude that effected his work.
So, even through he spent way more money on a car than before the ROI% through his change in attitude and of course also the way other people preceived him (to be very successful) made the expensive car a cheaper choice.

I think the same goes for everything.
If you buy an expensive mansion you don't just buy the luxury of a nice home.
You also buy the feeling of being a success.
Your self-image changes and makes future success more likely.
You also buy a neighborhood of succesful, rich people which effects you as well.

No matter what success means to you and I think it's most of the time a good investment to buy the stuff or experience that you associate with success.

Here are two links from an entrepreneur who invested in luxury items to get a ROI% in them:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
How is this going still

It's so funny the way I see @Kak use Facebook in comparison to other people. He uses it strictly for networking while other people are out there posting dumb shit about their cats.

Interesting example of how you can use any tool for good.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.