The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

KAK's August 2019 Experiment in Self Control, Personal and Social Psychology

OP
OP
Kak

Kak

Capitalist Swine
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
If you are game, mix it up with mobility/flexibility training. Works wonder for overall performance, health and well-being.

This channel has some pretty good mobility workout.

And for anyone that is discounting it, try it once. Let me know how it goes.
I did P90X yoga all the time for golf. Flexability is magic.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
Kak

Kak

Capitalist Swine
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Monday is here again!

This marks the beginning of week two! Yes I am wearing a suit right now. People I see daily are getting used to it now. They aren't even making comments. It is like they just expect the excellence now... Which I like.

Spoiler alert, I like this so much that I will probably keep doing it. So much so that I ordered a shoulder rig for my carry gun that is perfect for under a jacket. Belt carry is gauche. I am not a cop, I am a businessman. :rofl:

So far the most dramatic effect to me has been my aversion to pigging out. The dietary support of wearing a suit or jacket is extremely interesting. "Is suit Kak the Kak that eats McDonalds?" "No. Suit Kak eats a healthy meal at home or gets a nice steak." My hypothesis: wearing a suit can be part of a healthy diet. Maybe @ChrisV can correlate the two.

There is also a more defined switch between head down work time and leisure time while I am working at home. Suit means I am working, then I retire to golf clothing in the late afternoon.

Reaching out to one new person every day has yet to pay off, but the magnitude of who I initiated contact with last week was VERY high. It would take hardly anything to pay off in the end. I am sure, if I continued to reach out to someone new, every day, for a year, there would be some multi-million dollar, immediate synergy somewhere. Granted, I have businesses that can seize that type of opportunity.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
So far the most dramatic effect to me has been my aversion to pigging out. The dietary support of wearing a suit or jacket is extremely interesting. "Is suit Kak the Kak that eats McDonalds?" "No. Suit Kak eats a healthy meal at home or gets a nice steak." My hypothesis: wearing a suit can be part of a healthy diet. Maybe@chrisv can correlate the two.
There was some research that found that by getting people to wash their hands, they were more likely to take on conservative values.

Conservatives value order. Conservatism is correlated with Conscientiousness.

So the neatness of the suit could be making you more conscientious about other lifestyle choices.

So it does seem like a likely hypothesis.

OP
OP
Kak

Kak

Capitalist Swine
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Today was the hardest day to put on the jacket and dress clothing. Woke up a little sick... Worked out anyway, gained weight somehow and decided I needed to play to win today...

I reached out to a chemical company that has the facilities I am looking for and asked if they are interested in selling me the company.

The book I am reading is Equal Is Unfair: America's Misguided Fight Against Income Inequality: Don Watkins, Yaron Brook: 9781250084446: Amazon.com: Gateway

It has some decent insight so far. We will see where it goes.

I still need to read the Journal.

ChrisV

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Reactions: Kak

SamRussell

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Today was the hardest day to put on the jacket and dress clothing. Woke up a little sick... Worked out anyway, gained weight somehow and decided I needed to play to win today...

I reached out to a chemical company that has the facilities I am looking for and asked if they are interested in selling me the company.

The book I am reading is Equal Is Unfair: America's Misguided Fight Against Income Inequality: Don Watkins, Yaron Brook: 9781250084446: Amazon.com: Gateway

It has some decent insight so far. We will see where it goes.

I still need to read the Journal.
Equal is Unfair is a great book. If you enjoy it, you might also enjoy "The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels" by Alex Epstein.

Inspired by your thread I'm starting to dress better every day - thanks for the challenge!

Reactions: Kak
OP
OP
Kak

Kak

Capitalist Swine
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Today marks the beginning of week 3! I am over the halfway mark. It has gone fast!

Still wearing a suit. I ended up having to buy a few more dress shirts than I already had. I also got rid of a few thing I didn't like wearing. This is something I anticipate continuing to do. I am more focused, more on point, and overall more effective while wearing a suit.

The reaching out to one person per day thing is TOO EASY NOT TO DO. It is a numbers game. I got ahold of a lobbying powerhouse last week and we might be able to work together on the govtech business. We will see where it goes, but that is new promising opportunity that would NOT have happened without this challenge.

The diet has been easier and easier to follow. The first week was pretty brutal not cheating one time. I have no doubt that Keto is a very healthy lifestyle diet when done right. Have not weighed in, but I am feeling slimmer and more energetic.

I am enjoying this challenge and at this point I could recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom