The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just lost my job. Time to stop working for others.

MoneyXplorer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2022
Canada
Hi everyone. Well, yesterday I received an email from my boss saying that I lost my job.

I am now F*cking tired and I think, it's really the time now to start working for me instead of working for others. My main expertise and knowledge is that I know a lot about nature, wild animals, plants and the different ecosystems (wetlands, woodlands, grasslands ...). I have studied in Earth sciences and Ecology so my knowledge on those topics is very strong. But I can't find any good business idea to help me earn some profit.

I am also excellent in writing in French and public speaking.

I have just bought MJ DeMarco's three books. Which one should I read first?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AyoEpic

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 18, 2020
Hi everyone. Well, yesterday I received an email from my boss saying that I lost my job.

I am now F*cking tired and I think, it's really the time now to start working for me instead of working for others. My main expertise and knowledge is that I know a lot about nature, wild animals, plants and the different ecosystems (wetlands, woodlands, grasslands ...). I have studied in Earth sciences and Ecology so my knowledge on those topics is very strong. But I can't find any good business idea to help me earn some profit.

I read them in order and it made sense, TMF > Unscripted > Escaping

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
The Rat Race will resonate with your current situation.
Unscripted will give you a business path.
MFL will help inspire you.
So you pick your path there.

For the immediate issue at hand, get a solid gig to feed the machine. Do sales or the skills you don't have to help you with your business.

Then ... turn $1 into $2. Start there. No reason to wait or make it difficult. Seeing ways to create value is your first exercise.
You got this!!

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Another one bites the dust..

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri

If you can be a hunting guide that can pay very well, and I'm sure thats a niche you could grow into a business relatively easy. I don't know where you are based though.

MoneyXplorer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2022
Canada
If you can be a hunting guide that can pay very well, and I'm sure thats a niche you could grow into a business relatively easy. I don't know where you are based though.
I am based in Quebec, Canada. I know a lot about wildlife but nothing about hunting and firearms.

MoneyXplorer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2022
Canada
A little question for you. What url link should I use to see the different sections of this forum instead of a list of an hundred posts?

I see this.

490C0CF8-DC43-40C3-A3C5-2B161C97BA14.jpeg

But I would like to see this right at the top of the page.

26D7ED52-54DC-47DE-A86F-F7D3AEA7FF45.jpeg

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1) How much runway do you have?

Should you just get another job quickly so you’re not pressured to make a fledgling business work immediately?

Can you get freelancing gigs to tide you over?

2) I don’t look at the list of latest threads. I just look at my Alerts (which shows replies to threads I follow) and my News Feed (which shows activity by people I follow).

3) Be careful trying to consume your way onto team producer.

This might help:

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
As @Andy Black mentioned make sure you have enough of a 'buffer' to get yourself up and running.

Working towards and building a fastlane business is many times a financial, emotional and psychological toll.

If you need to make ends meet right away - finding another job might be the way to go. It's hard to devote and commit yourself to going from idea --> prototype -->testing market --> development ---> marketing --->sales----> execution stages without a proper backing in place that will let you experiment freely.

Most likely your first --- and fifth trial will be a FLOP. You will need to develop perseverance, resilience and dedication. It takes many of us many trials and iterations until something clicks. And sometimes its NOT in our area of expertise either, where we have to go out and learn something new.

YES ---> Please do start, but be realistic, patient and learn, try and execute as you go. Welcome to the forum!

iivalky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 9, 2022
Canada

You can utilize your expertise in ecology to create some kind of educational program (ranked easiest to hardest) such as:

- A youtube/blogging channel where you explain anything nature related (could appeal to students)

- Nature educational books (could be an E-Book)

- Nature magazines (requires printing costs)

- An animal identification app (or where you can view different areas of the planet and explains what animals/plants are there) (requires coding and could be a website instead, better if it was mobile so people could use while hiking, etc.)

- Nature based simulator (A lot more advanced)

Hope this helps!

MoneyXplorer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 2, 2022
Canada
1) How much runway do you have?

Should you just get another job quickly so you’re not pressured to make a fledgling business work immediately?

Can you get freelancing gigs to tide you over?

2) I don’t look at the list of latest threads. I just look at my Alerts (which shows replies to threads I follow) and my News Feed (which shows activity by people I follow).

3) Be careful trying to consume your way onto team producer.

This might help:
I have some money left but I will have to find a job soon. I am searching for what kind of job could help me the most. Which one could make me learn the most in regard to starting a business.
As @Andy Black mentioned make sure you have enough of a 'buffer' to get yourself up and running.

Working towards and building a fastlane business is many times a financial, emotional and psychological toll.

If you need to make ends meet right away - finding another job might be the way to go. It's hard to devote and commit yourself to going from idea --> prototype -->testing market --> development ---> marketing --->sales----> execution stages without a proper backing in place that will let you experiment freely.

Most likely your first --- and fifth trial will be a FLOP. You will need to develop perseverance, resilience and dedication. It takes many of us many trials and iterations until something clicks. And sometimes its NOT in our area of expertise either, where we have to go out and learn something new.

YES ---> Please do start, but be realistic, patient and learn, try and execute as you go. Welcome to the forum!
I know I need to be patient, very patient. But that’s the only way to go.
You can utilize your expertise in ecology to create some kind of educational program (ranked easiest to hardest) such as:

- A youtube/blogging channel where you explain anything nature related (could appeal to students)

- Nature educational books (could be an E-Book)

- Nature magazines (requires printing costs)

- An animal identification app (or where you can view different areas of the planet and explains what animals/plants are there) (requires coding and could be a website instead, better if it was mobile so people could use while hiking, etc.)

- Nature based simulator (A lot more advanced)

Hope this helps!
A few years ago, I thought about writing ebooks on the subject. I should search for ways to do it. I am also thinking about podcasting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...