The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just Another "6-month" Progress Thread

ConsciousViewer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Sep 28, 2021
Whats up everybody? I haven't been too active on this forum though have seen quite a number of various threads and much applause to many of you out there. I just spontaneously felt like creating this thread as I am launching my process here shortly on August 1st and to whatever the future holds for it (hopefully successful), I would like to have this be yet ANOTHER contribution to "The Process" we all go through and may better inspire others who haven't made that leap yet or are still on the fence. My endeavor will include content creation and programming an application to act as a synergist with the content with my general niche being "Personal Development". I would prefer to not go into too much detail about my "grand vision" without successfully achieving the beginning steps but I have complex intentions to revolutionize education and development as we know it with Meta creativity. If you're still reading this, I appreciate you taking your time and recognize that IT is in you. I will leave some general information about myself in below this paragraph but any of you feel free to reach out to me about whatever meaningful. Have a good one.

MBTI: ENTJ/INTJ
Ennegram: 8
General interests: Philosophy, Esoteric Psychology, Development/Actualization, Fitness, Spirituality, Business, etc.
Purpose: Conscious Leadership, Education reform.
Advice: Love & Create

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
as I am launching my process here shortly on August 1st

Why August 1st?

Why not NOW?

Usually people who say, "I start my diet next week on August 14th" fail in accomplishing anything. It's like people who wait for January 1st to set goals, or New Year's Resolutions.

So why not NOW? Why is today any different than August 1st, some arbitrary date on a calendar?

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Opportunity doesn't care about timing. Time is irrelevant, all you have is now. That's what I am learning, honestly I don't really care about what time it is anymore or what day of the week it is.

All I know is that, I have today. I would hate myself for not trying. I might be dead tomorrow or by next week. I look at it this way, we only get one shot to at this, we all don't know what's on the other side.

When you die, no one is really going to care about what you did or said anyway, so why not try now and get your process going.

ethan34

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 21, 2022
launching my process here shortly on August 1st
You can't "launch" a process, because that would be an event.

And why August 1st? Why not August 8th at 3:19 pm? Nothing is magical about August 1st, it just sounds very sexy, because it's the start of a new month. It feels like everything is different, but it isn't. Sun will go up and down as normal. I'm also guessing you've told yourself this before, that you will start at a certain date, yet you didn't.

It's very nice to idolize the thought of waking up a completely changed person and suddenly being the person you've always wanted to be, who thinks, says, and does everything right.

Doesn't this sound familiar:

"I'm going to watch this David Goggins motivational video every morning and change my life!"
"This last chocolate cake symbolizes the start of my diet!"
"I'm going to make this timetable and stick to it every day and become completely and perfectly productive!"
"This last time and never again!"

This isn't reality. Being perfect is earned by messing up so many times and learning from it. This is what I've been learning recently. I recently told someone I love something very offensive. I deeply regret and I wish I could take back, and I can't. But because of this, I will never make that mistake again. Trying to live with no regrets is stupid and shows you're not living. That horrible pain of regret is what will lead you to handle the situation better next time. If you have this mindset, you literally can't lose. Everything, whether good or bad, carves you into who you want to become.

Event idealism comes from a misunderstanding of the brain. The brain is a target seeking missile. To reach a target, it must continuously mess up to correct itself. I highly recommend reading Psycho Cybernetics chapter 2 to really drill this in.

Think of execution like shooting a gun. Just start shooting. Because no matter what, you'll miss. You'll hate the fact that you're missing. You'll feel like nothing is moving forward and nothing has started. Then when you finally hit, you look back and realize how much has changed.

Trust me I spent 3 years trying to 'start' self improvement, and 6 months trying to 'start' a business. It's only when I recognized things will take time and that nothing will be magically easier a week from now, that I started seeing progress.

'Starting' is not real, because it infers that you will for sure continue. The better word is 'trying'. You have to try to go to the gym hundreds of times because you build up the discipline to go consistently.

You joined in September last year. That's when you started. If you haven't made progress, it's not because you haven't started, it's because you haven't stuck with it. Learn from that and do something today.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Opportunity doesn't care about timing. Time is irrelevant
Opportunity is all about good timing.

@ConsciousViewer if there is nothing specific happening at the beginning of August (external circumstances), I don't see any reason for deferring the start for your endeavor.

The calendar doesn't really exist, dates and numbers don't exist either. They are just a convention invented by humans so we can synchronize with each other.

Good luck.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I want to rename this thread:

MJ speaks, 3 guys make basically the same point.

@ConsciousViewer this is a rough start to a thread. Here's the thing...

In life and business you will have people constantly tell you you got it wrong. They always know more than you. You'll even hear it from people you respect.

Don't let this stop you. Work your plan. Post your updates. Keep going. Keep learning. Keep growing.

Always.
Keep.
Going.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I want to rename this thread:

MJ speaks, 3 guys make basically the same point.

@ConsciousViewer this is a rough start to a thread. Here's the thing...

In life and business you will have people constantly tell you you got it wrong. They always know more than you. You'll even hear it from people you respect.

Don't let this stop you. Work your plan. Post your updates. Keep going. Keep learning. Keep growing.

Always.
Keep.
Going.
Well, I just figured you needed the time. I mean, I'm adding 2 things in my tours business but there are steps that just take time to complete. I'd like to have these ready today, but that's just not possible.

Good luck! Looking forward to reading your successes!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics