The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm just another Honda Civic, transforming into something faster.

D

Deleted72597

I was encouraged to write an introduction on the forums, I decided that was a good idea and here I am.

I am nearing my end in chapter 3 of 'The Millionaire Fastlane ', even more enthusiastic than I was on page 1.
I registered in the forums a couple days ago and ordered 'Unscripted ' today.

I am a 31-year-old norwegian guy who has dreamt about bigger things since primary or secondary school.
I have spent a lot of my time playing videogames since I was 5 years old and I didn't stop until about half a year ago.
I have had an interesting inner journey over the last 10 or so years. A journey that slowly shifted my reality of being at peace with earning some money and being happy in the present into my current dream of wealth, happiness and the freedom to bringing positive change into the world as soon and impactful as possible.

I finished school at the age of 18 after a decaying grade of interest that started at age 12, almost resulting in not graduating despite all my teachers throughout the years telling me I had great potential. I didn't disagree with them then, I haven't disagreed with them in the last 10 years and I don't disagree now. I stopped by the army only to end up happy I got sent home after a thorough conversation with the army psychiatrist. My next stop was getting a job, working as a salesman for a company that handled customer support for various big norwegian companies, I lasted there for a little more than a year before i "voluntarily resigned" due to my own lack of work morale and peer pressure from the company. Then followed some years with great personal challenges and personal growth in some areas. And now I'm sitting here more committed than I have ever been to work hard towards a series of goals.

I have tried designing t-shirts and streaming videogame-related content online. The t-shirt designing didn't work out mainly because I wasn't committed enough, didn't research enough, didn't put in the time and effort to make every design the best it could be and tons of other reasons. And the video game streaming ultimately ended because I finally listened to the voice inside my head that had been telling me for years and years that I was still practicing something that used to work and bring enjoyment, something that might even have been necessary for parts of my life as a coping mechanism, but didn't anymore. I have known for a long time that I didn't like the system, at least since about age 14. It's funny to look back on now, but I remember dreaming about becoming a businessman of some sort, I never had a field of practice or specific company in mind, as long I was on the top of that company, as long as I was the one running it, as long as I had control.

I stumbled upon the ever so famous 67 steps some years ago, I never finished more than 59, but was pleased with myself, just as I was pleased with sticking with the streaming for more than a year as opposed to writing down an idea and never doing the next step, it showed progress, it showed i had grown. I think I came across M.J. DeMarco by looking up something about the creator of the 67 actually, and so far I'm more pleased with this find than the previous one, even if I'm not the one to talk dirty about Lopez as his stuff was also helpful, just not nearly as much.

I don't think I have had one single "what am I doing with my life?!" moment, I have had hundreds. I have had checkpoints, detours, pitstops and breakdowns, and I am certain I will have more. The key difference is that I shut down my computer for a reason, I had used up my time quota and then smuggled a great deal of time on top of that, I'm lucky it didn't end worse. I shut down the device where I spent at least 8 hours every single day, draining my time and my energy. It has been a long and hard process to change my inner framework from a sidewalk slowlaning hybrid vehicle to a fastlane one. It started long before I started reading the amazing book, but i am glad it exists, I am happy that I found it and I am grateful it was written. It was actually a perfect example of how you get lucky and obtain events if you also do the process. I would never have bought it, opened it, read the words with the open mind I have done so far if I didn't already want to change my mentality, my situation and my future. Finding the book has been a big event on my journey which cannot yet be described in figures.

So what am I doing now? What are my plans?
I am lucky enough to be mentored by a friend who owns a company and who used to run a sole proprietorship, they specialize in creating marketing packages for local companies and cities.
(My friend and his associates help me with or teach me some corporate law, economy, webdesign, marketing, etc.)
I am trying to get rid of as many instantly gratifying aspects of my life as possible without getting burned out.
I am rebooting my own sole proprietorship that I started some years ago
I am working out my infrastructure, my plans, my goals, my ideas and my roadmap.
I am exploring and researching the fields I want to start with, fields that has to do with ideas, creativity, and design. Starting with art and design, planning to attempt music and writing, open to a lot of possibilities.
I plan to start with income sources where I sell my time, but at least for more than i would get for it if i worked for someone else (if not in money, then at least in experience and knowledge), I aim my income towards becoming as autonomous as possible or so full of enjoyment that I don't feel like I'm sacrificing freedom.
I am reading books, listening to audiobooks and enjoying them for the first time in years.
I find enjoyment in working hard.
I am facing my fears.
I am excited about the future.
I also volunteer for Red Cross, it gives me a lot.

Excited to be here, curious to see how long I will stay for and how often I will visit.
From the few posts I have read so far, I have a feeling it will last longer than previous attempts.

Greetings everyone!
Happy to be here :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vegvisir

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 17, 2019
North Dakota
I have had the pleasure of working with many Norwegians and Scandinavians in my line of work and have been impressed with them all. Its always interesting to hear other material people encountered before finding the DJ's books. I myself did the 67 steps and found great value in them but never took his more expensive courses as he was charging very high prices and I felt like he was trying to upsale people.

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction with the changes you know you have to make, its a process all of us are constantly going through to re-evaluate our habits and mindset.

You might recognize my username/avatar as its a native symbol of your region. I'm also a big fan of Wardruna and Burzum if you have heard of them(Norwegian Bands).

Welcome aboard!

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Great intro @lao , thanks for sharing!
The decision to change is often the hardest step to take, so you are on the right track and I'm sure you will do great and fulfilling things.

PS! I love Norway! I was living/working there for some years and I absolutely fell in love. One of my goals is to build my own logcabin there in the future - after a successful fastlane venture! :p

Best wishes from Estland!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted72597

Thank you for the warm welcome and the kind words everyone!
Change can definitely be hard, but yeah, it's a process.
I'm just grateful that I like that process.

I have had the pleasure of working with many Norwegians and Scandinavians in my line of work and have been impressed with them all. It is always interesting to hear other material people encountered before finding the DJ's books. I myself did the 67 steps and found great value in them but never took his more expensive courses as he was charging very high prices and I felt like he was trying to upsale people.

You might recognize my username/avatar as its a native symbol of your region. I'm also a big fan of Wardruna and Burzum if you have heard of them(Norwegian Bands).
I'm happy to hear you've had encounters with so many impressive Scandinavians. Can't say I'm impressed by them all myself, but... :p

Definitely value in the steps. I plan to finish the last ones and clean up my notes soon. It's been nagging me for a while. Yeah, it seemed quite expensive later on, but I can't say much about value since I don't know the content.

I don't recognize your avatar, but I have heard about and listened to both Burzum and Wardruna in my younger metal days. I only really like Dimmu Borgir in the black metal genre and otherwise sway more towards power and melodic death metal the rare times I listen these days.

PS! I love Norway! I was living/working there for some years and I absolutely fell in love. One of my goals is to build my own logcabin there in the future - after a successful fastlane venture! :p

For some reason, everyone loves Norway. I guess we've done something right, if nothing else then at least choosing a location to settle down in. Let me know when you're nearing your goal and we can share a cup of cocoa on the cabin porch.

Keep at it folks! :)

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
For some reason, everyone loves Norway. I guess we've done something right, if nothing else then at least choosing a location to settle down in. Let me know when you're nearing your goal and we can share a cup of cocoa on the cabin porch.

I most definitely will!
Are you from around Oslo? I used to work in Valldal. Amazing place and loving people. Still have a lot of friends there. But at the start of next year I will probably be working in Oslo again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...