• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Hi, I'm just another Simon

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Anothersimon, May 3, 2018.

1. Anothersimon

Anothersimon New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Thanks for having me here and greetings from South Africa.

I am almost through with reading Unscripted. Haven't read the Fastlane yet.

So, why am I here.

I am working on a content business to help others navigate the corporate jungle without losing their wits. Given all the struggles (emotional and external) I've had in the corporate world, what better way to leave them behind than by passing on all the wisdom I didn't have when I needed it.

And of course, by doing this I want to create my way out of the corporate world.

I joined this forum to help me stick with the process and learn from others. I have a fair share of experience in strategic marketing and I enjoy passing that on to others here. I enjoy brainstorming ideas with others.

2. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,804
    Hi Simon, welcome to the forum. I'm a Gen-X'er with many years of corporate jobs, and was recently in some business networking groups that had a lot of Millennials. They were always very interested to talk with me about their struggles navigating office politics, etc., with someone who'd been there. I think there's tremendous opportunity to provide exactly this kind of insight, some with what you can teach, some as a mutual self-help forum for the participants.

I've read Fastlane but not yet Unscripted.

I've known a couple of South Africans who emigrated. Your Water Crisis is in the news here. It looks like government is overwhelmed about how to respond, after many years of pushing off the problems?

Anothersimon likes this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,781
    Admin Post
    Welcome Simon, great to have you!

Anothersimon likes this.
  4. Anothersimon

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Hi Late Bloomer. Thank you so much for your response. Feedback like this motivates me to push on. I'd love to hear about the most common question a veteran like you gets asked. I am putting together a content calendar to give myself a bit of structure. Funny enough, I just wrote an article on office politics.

if you interested, I will send you the link. Not sure if self-promotion is allowed on this forum.

The water situation is pretty dire. More so in the Cape. I live in Johannesburg. The thought of running out of water is probably so unsettling that most people pretend its not happening.

Late Bloomer likes this.
  5. Late Bloomer

Rep Bank:
    $7,804
    You could send a note to one of the administrators asking if it's okay to put on the public forum. You can also use the private message feature to let me know directly.

"My boss didn't appreciate the work I did, overlooked my contribution to a big project, was unfair in my performance review. I like the company but is it worthwhile to put up with this for another few years?" That kind of thing.

Anothersimon likes this.
  6. Anothersimon

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Ahh brilliant. I actually wrote something about the 'appreciation' issue. That was one that plagued me the most. Really like the performance review and 'is it worth it to stay' topic. I will definitely reflect, research and write on that. I am learning that very very razor targeted content is the best.

Late Bloomer likes this.
  7. Late Bloomer

Rep Bank:
    $7,804
    If you can get some readers or followers, and you have a comments area or a way for people to email you, pretty soon you'll get enough questions to fill your editorial calendar.

I read the memoirs of a software entrepreneur, who said that the only part they had to come up was Version 1.0. As soon as they had some customers, from then on the development wish list was always totally full with suggestions and demands from customers, about what features they wanted to buy next! The company's only challenge was how to realistically break the features into an achievable release schedule... not what to dream up that they could add.

Last edited: May 4, 2018

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.