The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Juicing...The Fastlane to Weightloss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

St.Alpine

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 6, 2012
Germany
Thanks for the tips.

How much fat did you lose when you changed to eating those things?

These are foods that put you on the fastlane of fat lose. It is still: right diet plus work out. Eating is the most important part of the equation. When you provide all natural food to your body, you are on the safe side.
A good indicator, choosing food, is "If the food looks much different from its original shape/form, because of processesing, it is probably bad for you." The more natural and unprocessed the source is, the better.
I started to lose huge amounts of fat, when I added more proteins (especially dairy products: skim milk or whole natural milk) to my diet and worked out 4 times a week (M/W/F weight training & Saturday High Intensity Sprint Training). Fat is not bad, it is even needed when you want to lose fat. There is just a fine distinction between processed fat and natural fat. You can e.g. drink whole milk from your farmer (in normal quantities) without worrying about the effects.

The number one fat killer is high intensity weight training. That means huge weights and large movements. Your body burns fat up to 48h after such a training.

Do you find it tough to limit yourself to only those few food items?

These foods are just an addition to your diet.
These are some specials, I am building into my diet plan for quicker fat lose.
I bought some green tea today and will incorperate that into my daily drinking.
The advantage of green tea: it flushes your body; especially after a work out, it helps to flush out the accids from the fractured muscles fibers.

Personally, if I don't eat some sort of protein everyday I feel like I really haven't eaten.

Yes, I noticed, the more protein I eat the less hungry I feel. Protein restricts the blood sugar and with that building up fat in your body. Protein slows the process of breaking up carbs into sugar and with that you don't experience sugar rushes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
WOW that is a LONG post but you didn't even answer my question about how much fat you lost :)

Seriously did you see my avi, I am almost 50 and actually look better than that pic, I think I have an idea or 2 about eating properly. lol

It is MUCH more in depth than choosing some natural foods and calling it a day as I am sure you agree.

Heck I often eat a lb of meat a lb of chicken and a lb of fish a day. Most people would get fat on that even though it is all natural food.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
First, calories in vs calories out is an incredibly flawed model. It is only part of the equation because it doesn't take hormones into account.

Juicing gives you some nutrients of vegetables/fruit. If you aren't consuming enough veggies or using a supplement like Athletic Greens, it can be great. If you don't have a lack of veggies in your diet, juicing wont add much to your health - unless you are substituting it for processed carbs. However, juicing removes the fiber and thus makes the vegetables much less filling than they would be if eaten regularly.

If you want to lose weight, ketosis is the easiest way to do it - no sugar or carbs. Protein, Omega 3 fats, and vegetables.

St.Alpine

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 6, 2012
Germany
I started with 11-12%, and at the end I was at 8-9% body fat. I was pleased with the overall outcome, but this time I'll concentrate on eating.

I want to write down more messurements than just fat, to compare start and finish.

On my last diet, I focused on getting my 2900 cal a day. I didn't count how much carbs, proteins or fats I was eating. I found it inconvinient to record, although with my new program, I will be accurate with the amounts of carbs, fats, etc. to get to my goal faster.

I think correct eating has to do with the correct mindset. Once you've established a healthy eating plan, you will know what to eat and what not. Nevertheless I think everybody makes their occational rounds to McDonalds. I know that I did, when I finished my 10 week program. :)

The jojo effect was tremendous.

I had my free day yesterday, and was invited to my grandma for lunch. As I was looking down on my toes this morning, I couldn't believe the size of my stomach.
I started the new training program last week and shaved a lot of fat from the belly, and to see it again this morning was weird.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
First, calories in vs calories out is an incredibly flawed model. It is only part of the equation because it doesn't take hormones into account.

Juicing gives you some nutrients of vegetables/fruit. If you aren't consuming enough veggies or using a supplement like Athletic Greens, it can be great. If you don't have a lack of veggies in your diet, juicing wont add much to your health - unless you are substituting it for processed carbs. However, juicing removes the fiber and thus makes the vegetables much less filling than they would be if eaten regularly.

If you want to lose weight, ketosis is the easiest way to do it - no sugar or carbs. Protein, Omega 3 fats, and vegetables.

I STRONGLY disagree Ketosis diets are HORRIBLE for so many reasons.

Rebound fat gain
Psychologically
Physically
Health wise
Muscle Loss along with fat loss

If it works for you that is GREAT keep doing it.

As we want to know if a person's business idea works by knowing how much profit they made.

Could you post a pic of yourself after losing fat on a Ketosis diet?

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I STRONGLY disagree Ketosis diets are HORRIBLE for so many reasons.

Rebound fat gain
Psychologically
Physically
Health wise
Muscle Loss along with fat loss

If it works for you that is GREAT keep doing it.

As we want to know if a person's business idea works by knowing how much profit they made.

Could you post a pic of yourself after losing fat on a Ketosis diet?
Long-term ketosis (aka Atkins diet) has many, many problems - I agree. Cycling in & out of ketosis does not have these issues though. A "cheat day" as recommended on the Slow Carb Diet solves this, as does carb cycling.

During pure Slow Carb Diet, I lost like 35lbs a year or so ago. After opening a business & my wife getting pregnant, I went back to a high carb diet, and of course got fat again. I started something similar to Slow Carb Diet (except much higher quantities of healthy fat) 2.5 months ago, and have lost 25lbs of fat & gained 7lbs of muscle.

St.Alpine

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 6, 2012
Germany
Hey Patrick,

as I know, you are above 50 and from your picture, you look ripped.

Would you mind sharing some nutrition tips and workout plans that took you there?

To be specific:

1) Did you calculate your daily calorine need and have you been eating precisely to it?
2) What work out routine did you use? Cardio - Weightlifting ratio?
3) Did you use low repitions and heavy weights?
4) How long did it take you to reach that sixpack?

revo33t

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 5, 2012
Minnesota
1. Fastest method of healthy fatloss I know: IF+Protein Sparing+MultiVitamin.
2. Ketosis is NOT UNHEALTHY. It is a process that naturally happens in the body. Your not hacking, not doing anything other then not eating (alot) carbs.
3. Carbohydrates are the only macro the body DOES NOT NEED. We use glucose as energy but kesotis is the process of turning body fat into glucose. Most of the human race has spent the far majority of its diet in history eating not that many carbs a day. However, we would die without protein.
4. Vegans/Vegetarians are the 2nd most unhealthy population I have seen. 1st is the over consuming carb obesity group.
5. You do not need to exercise to lose body fat.
6. Cardio cannot build muscle except for HIIT. However, HIIT should not be used a lot during a cut because it taxes your legs too much (unless its all you do). Your body cannot recover everything at once. It has an order of prioritization to which muscles/systems it will repair first. Your abs are always the first to be repaired since your stomach muscles protect your internal organs. Most of the time when I help someone gain muscle I just tell them not to workout their abs and rest more. Result? They blowup.
7. Do less working out when you are cutting vs eating at maintenance or bulking. You need to leave the gym feeling good otherwise your pushing it too much.
8. Training to failure is absolutely the worst thing for you as this requires at least a weak to recover from (the muscle group).
9. Juicing is not that bad but dont do it for more then a weekend. Detoxing is fine but know you will have the same benefit by just cutting the stuff out that you need to detoxify from.
10. Fat is one of if not the healthiest thing for your body on the planet. Dietary cholesterol is also very, very good and unlike popular belief does not increase LDL.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
1. Fastest method of healthy fatloss I know: IF+Protein Sparing+MultiVitamin.
2. Ketosis is NOT UNHEALTHY. It is a process that naturally happens in the body. Your not hacking, not doing anything other then not eating (alot) carbs.
3. Carbohydrates are the only macro the body DOES NOT NEED. We use glucose as energy but kesotis is the process of turning body fat into glucose. Most of the human race has spent the far majority of its diet in history eating not that many carbs a day. However, we would die without protein.
4. Vegans/Vegetarians are the 2nd most unhealthy population I have seen. 1st is the over consuming carb obesity group.
5. You do not need to exercise to lose body fat.
6. Cardio cannot build muscle except for HIIT. However, HIIT should not be used a lot during a cut because it taxes your legs too much (unless its all you do). Your body cannot recover everything at once. It has an order of prioritization to which muscles/systems it will repair first. Your abs are always the first to be repaired since your stomach muscles protect your internal organs. Most of the time when I help someone gain muscle I just tell them not to workout their abs and rest more. Result? They blowup.
7. Do less working out when you are cutting vs eating at maintenance or bulking. You need to leave the gym feeling good otherwise your pushing it too much.
8. Training to failure is absolutely the worst thing for you as this requires at least a weak to recover from (the muscle group).
9. Juicing is not that bad but dont do it for more then a weekend. Detoxing is fine but know you will have the same benefit by just cutting the stuff out that you need to detoxify from.
10. Fat is one of if not the healthiest thing for your body on the planet. Dietary cholesterol is also very, very good and unlike popular belief does not increase LDL.
Care to explain more about protein sparing? This is the first I've heard of it.
I know a lot of people that have had problems with long-term ketosis.
You are suggesting avoiding HIIT while trying to lose weight? This seems quite counter-intuitive....
What's wrong with long recovery periods from training to failure? This is the method Tim Ferriss used in 4 Hour Body and I've seen people have great results with it. I gained 5-6lbs of muscle in a month with it despite not pushing myself hard enough nor consuming enough calories.

St.Alpine

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 6, 2012
Germany
What's wrong with long recovery periods from training to failure? This is the method Tim Ferriss used in 4 Hour Body and I've seen people have great results with it. I gained 5-6lbs of muscle in a month with it despite not pushing myself hard enough nor consuming enough calories.

That's also my experience.
When I started, I had sore muscles for the first 1,5 weeks. After that, I had no problems anymore. No icebathing needed. No nothing.
I exercised till failure and had great results.

revo33t

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 5, 2012
Minnesota
Sure, Ill try and answer any questions that I can...

Protein Sparing: Is basically just eating protein and the trace fats that come with them. Typically lean meats are used on this but it depends on how fast your trying to lose. Basically eat your bodyweight in grams of protein and nothing else.

Ketosis: Is a naturally occurring process in the body. How many bodily functions do you know of that happen naturally and are bad? I cant think of a single one. There is nothing wrong with long term ketosis although its not the most tasty of lifestyles. The problem most people have is they cut way to long and blame it on ketosis. You can get around this by having cheat meals or free days (typically 1-2 a week) in order to ramp up your metabolism and boost your hormone levels. If you keep your calorie count way too low for way too long you can mess you your hormonal balances. Basically its starving to death and your seeing the consequences. The people who have the issues on long term ketosis would have the exact same problems if they replaced the meat with carbs instead. My favorite diet ever is high protein+high fat with minimum carbs. Remember that you can eat a lot of calories and still be in ketosis. I tried to to a bulk once with high fat and I actually lost weight consuming around 4k calories (my maintenance is 2730).

HIIT: You can do it but you cannot mix HIIT+Weight Training+Calore Deficit and have that equal efficient. The problem is that HIIT uses glucose and when you are eating little amounts of food you do not take in the energy requirements to recover from everything. HIIT is OK if your going to do it on its own or maybe once a week on leg day but doing it every day will result in low energy levels. Its actually rather simple...Your body is a math problem. When you are putting less fuel into it the less it is capable of doing. If you push it, it will break down things inside of it to make up for your lack of feeding it. In the case of HIIT your body will break down muscle mass because proteins are more easily turned into glucose vs fat. Our bodies are also more likely to hold onto fat vs muscle or glucose due to fat having a higher energy equivalent (carbs=4kcal, protein=4kcal, fat=9kcal).

Training to failure: I have two really big issues with this. 1. You can only workout each muscle group AT MOST once a week. 2. Out of all the forms of training this has the highest possibility of injury. While I did like Tim Ferris and the 4 hour body this specific part was absolute garbage. Quick math:

Bench Press
Failure: 1 all out set * 10 reps * 225lbs = 2250 total weight moved for chest on the week.
Non-Failure: (4 sets (80%) * 10reps * 211.76)2 days a week = 16940.8 total weight moved

So you can clearly see the non-failure method moves more weight for chest and will result in much larger muscle development. Not to mention you wont be as sore with the 2nd option either since your not pushing your muscles to a point of intense breakdown.

6-8 LBS gained in 1mo: No...this was a combination of muscle+fat+water. During this time I am assuming your calorie count was higher and you were ingesting more carbs then normal. More carbs = more stored water weight. This is why you get bloated after eating tons of carbs or drinking tons of alcohol...The other explanation is that you dont workout that often and then got on a regular plan. Anytime a muscle goes from being unused to then consistently stimulated it will result in growth. Which is why lifting veterans recommend deloads...If you truely want 6-8lbs muscle in 1mo you will more then likely need "juice" (pun intended).

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Not to mention you wont be as sore with the 2nd option either since your not pushing your muscles to a point of intense breakdown.
Being someone who is 5'7, 140 lb, I can bench 225 currently and am constantly making gains, I can incline leg press almost 600lb, and can curl 45's 10x on an EZ curl bar (not sure what weight exactly), I strongly believe in the lift to failure method. This also coming from a kid who was 5'6, 115lb and couldn't bench 10 sets of 35's this time last year!

Remember though, Tim's whole method is based off of not just lift to failure but also time under tension, which many regular non-failure exercises do not incorporate, I use a 5/5 cadence on most of my weights. Tim also basically suggests a diet and method that produces maximum levels of naturally produced testosterone in the body, I am not sure if you are aware how steroids work (I am guessing you do though from your post) but boosting T levels allows for rapid repair of muscle growth from damage caused by weight lifting. Because you can' get to the levels naturally (that I am aware of) that roids (or hgh, etc.) get you, you have to give more time in between workouts. Gaining muscle done through damaged muscles being repaired with more mass and strength then before, so if you do not give your muscles enough time to repair themselves, you will not be getting the most efficient or maximum gains possible. If you are safe and smart about your weights, and you know and practice the correct methods, it should be just as safe as lifting regular weights.

From experience I have only good things to say about Tim Ferris, some of his stuff is not stuff I agree with (Uber man sleep cycles being one), but a lot of his stuff has worked well for me, nothing has stuck out as being b.s. or ineffective.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I almost never lift to failure.

I never do sets with less than 15 reps. Most sets are 20 - 25 reps.

I do my reps as fast as possible while keeping fairly good form. I am sure people watching me might think OH NO he is cheating :( lol I keep the weight moving and don't care how much I am lifting. I just want the VERY most blood I can get into the muscle without getting injured.

I almost never do full reps. Partial reps are a HUGE part of my training.

:)

abc_gmahealth_extra_101216_wg.jpg

391462_3800867578550_1084979674_n.jpg

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Hey Patrick,

as I know, you are above 50 and from your picture, you look ripped.

Would you mind sharing some nutrition tips and workout plans that took you there?

To be specific:

1) Did you calculate your daily calorine need and have you been eating precisely to it?
2) What work out routine did you use? Cardio - Weightlifting ratio?
3) Did you use low repitions and heavy weights?
4) How long did it take you to reach that sixpack?

I TRULY believe we each need to find out what works for us as individuals.

I tried the dreaded 6 meals a day. Lift to failure. reps in the 5 - 10 range and on and on.

I never got the results I wanted to. So I bought myself a glucose meter and learned how MY body reacted. For ME it is far more important what you eat than how you work out. Both are necessary of course.

So I will tell you what I do BUT it probably wont work for you just the way the 6 meals a day etc didn't work for me.

Answers below in bold

1) Did you calculate your daily calorine need and have you been eating precisely to it? I do not count exact calories. I have a VERY rough idea but I use the mirror. If I start to look fatter I hold back on how much I eat. Once I see I am pretty lean(MUCH leaner than the photo above I will start adding in more protein and carbs to try to gain muscle. In general I do a 2 week fat loss then 2 week muscle gain. Fat loss weeks can be tough for me. I sometimes will go down to 800 calories for 6 days in a row then a big eating day around 5000 calories. Definitely not all clean by any means. Icecream is on the menu for sure.

2) What work out routine did you use? Cardio - Weightlifting ratio? During the fat loss phase I walk around an hour a day sometimes pushing it to 1.5 hours.

Nothing crazy but just get out there and walk. Weights are always the same. Lift 6 days a week. Each body part gets worked 2 days a week. The day after a muscle is worked it gets a 'PUMP' with 3 sets around 30 reps very easy just want to get blood into the muscle that was worked the day before.

Mon Th Bis and quads
Tues Friday Tris, back and hamstrings
Wed Sat Chest and shoulders.

BUT I will switch them around I don't really worry what I group with what.

I do 3 sets of 3 exercises of each. eg bicep preacher curl 3 x 20 half reps not going all the way up. Or maybe not going all the way down.

I never record what weight I do. Lat pull down but with underhand grip emphasising the biceps 3 x 20 reps Or 20 first set 25 the next change the weight and 15 reps the next set.

Standing in front of the pin selected preacher machine and use it the opposite way doing 3 x 15 - 25 reps.

I pump the muscle with 15 - 20 to 25 reps I am NEVER sore the next day. I work the muscle good but don't try to obliterate them. I ONLY use machines with the little pin selector. NO free weights.

Not really by choice just that the place I live they only have a few machines and no free weights.
No squats, no dead lifts, no bb curls No equipment to do it.

3) Did you use low repitions and heavy weights? See above.

4) How long did it take you to reach that sixpack? Approx 1.5 years ago I got out of the shower and looked at my profile in the mirror. I LITERALLY looked pregnant. I was STUNNED and vowed I would make a change. So I dieted too hard lost fat but also a lot of muscle. Got quite lean, much leaner than the photo above but not SUPER ripped. But I was tiny something like 35 lbs less than I am now.

Then I started experimenting with the glucose meter and looked at what work outs worked best for me. It was a long process and it isn't over yet. I hope to lean up some and add another 5 lbs of muscle over the next 6 - 12 months.

revo33t

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 5, 2012
Minnesota
Being someone who is 5'7, 140 lb, I can bench 225 currently and am constantly making gains, I can incline leg press almost 600lb, and can curl 45's 10x on an EZ curl bar (not sure what weight exactly), I strongly believe in the lift to failure method. This also coming from a kid who was 5'6, 115lb and couldn't bench 10 sets of 35's this time last year!

You would have seen these results no matter what weight training program you followed. Also, I have no idea what your form looks like but Ill give you the benefit of the doubt. The reason I even say this is that 99% of the people who I watch lift to failure have horrendous form (thus a lot of injuries).

Tim also basically suggests a diet and method that produces maximum levels of naturally produced testosterone in the body, I am not sure if you are aware how steroids work (I am guessing you do though from your post) but boosting T levels allows for rapid repair of muscle growth from damage caused by weight lifting.

Average test levels in males is around 200-1200 ng/dl (1200 being the high end). Eating an optimal diet will put you at the higher end of things but really this makes almost a 0 impact on recovery. The idea that you can increase your test levels to a meaningful amount through food is 100% BS. Steroids on the other hand can increase this number 200-600% which is why users are HUGE.

Gaining muscle done through damaged muscles being repaired with more mass and strength then before, so if you do not give your muscles enough time to repair themselves, you will not be getting the most efficient or maximum gains possible.

Muscle damage does not equal muscle growth. There is not one study in existence that shows the more you break down a muscle the bigger and stronger it will get. Its a law of diminishing returns kind of a thing. I make much faster gains vs someone who lifts each body part one day a week because I lift an amount that allows me to repair and build in a 60-72 hour time span. The goal of muscle building is to create as much work for the muscle as possible per week while still allowing it to repair and grow.

I agree with everything Patrick P has said...Its also why Patrick > Tim F

Last edited:

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
What the heck Revo!

You are 19 why didn't you tell ME those things back when I was 19 so I didn't waste so much time :)

Keep it up GREAT info!

revo33t

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 5, 2012
Minnesota
Thanks Patrick!

Its just always been a real big passion of mine so I try to experiment and read as much as possible. I think the human body is one of the most interesting things and I love pushing mine to new levels. Even though there are so many products out there fitness is really still in its infancy. One of my newer passions is helping others get to where they want to be. My gf for instance recently started repping 25lbs over her body weight on deadlift. Which for any natural female is very, very good!

St.Alpine

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 6, 2012
Germany
1) Did you calculate your daily calorine need and have you been eating precisely to it? I do not count exact calories. I have a VERY rough idea but I use the mirror. If I start to look fatter I hold back on how much I eat. Once I see I am pretty lean(MUCH leaner than the photo above I will start adding in more protein and carbs to try to gain muscle. In general I do a 2 week fat loss then 2 week muscle gain. Fat loss weeks can be tough for me. I sometimes will go down to 800 calories for 6 days in a row then a big eating day around 5000 calories. Definitely not all clean by any means. Icecream is on the menu for sure.

Wow, I would fear to lose muscle mass with 800 calories a day. I reckon you eat a lot of protein that day, so that the body doesn´t take hold of your muscles.

In my previous workout programm, I did a 15-12-10-8 repetition order with increasing weights. After the last one I went back to the first weight and did as many as I could.
I did that program for a while, but then I saw I couldn't make any improvments, so now I am on heavy weights and low reps. I do 4 sets with 5 reps. Next week increase the weight and do 4 sets with 6 reps. This will continue.
I am eager to see, how the new program will work.

I also try to get to around 100g or more proteins a day. I read sources that mentoined 100 to 300g. I am sure that 300g won't be a problem, but to get all of that from eating food without suplements is crazy. I took a look at some prices of suplements today and was quiet shocked.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Wow, I usually have to eat VERY CLEAN and lift about 4 times a week (plus cardio) to get lean. I wish I had the time to research (I literally have no time) to experiment with my body.

I've had my best results when I've followed a plan outline by a nutritionist/trainer to the T. Workouts I can handle on my own.

revo33t

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 5, 2012
Minnesota
I've had my best results when I've followed a plan outline by a nutritionist/trainer to the T. Workouts I can handle on my own.

This is primarily the reason pro lifters/bodybuilders have trainers. They put so much time and dedication into their effort that outsourcing their plan to a reputable coach makes the whole thing easier. I agree with you 100%, even going to the gym with another person helps immensely.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I would just like to say NONE of us know how our body will react until we try something.

Sitting there and saying oh if I did that my body would . . . . When in reality you do not know unless you try it.

Same with business you never know how the public will react unless you actually try something.

NewsletterScott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 4, 2009
Las Vegas
I have been reading up on juice feasting. It is when you go a period of 7 days or more on only fruit and vegetable juices.
I know juicing is good because it promotes cleansing and detoxing, but most importantly it breaks some bad habits and food adictions.

Of course you loose weight because your calories are restricted, but you are also telling your body that you are going to be healthier.

Any thoughts?

If you only drink juice...you are going to lose muscle.

You must make sure that if you are going to follow the "juicing plan" that you incorporate a good amount of protein into your diet otherwise your body will eat away at its greatest fat-burning asset.

If you are going to juice, make sure that you eat enough protein throughout the day....be it protein shakes, egg whites, chicken breast etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you are looking for a great juicer I recommend this one.

Click Here (Blog Post Review on My Site)

princesslane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Mar 10, 2012
houston, TX
How is the vitamx better than jack's juicer? I was thinking of buying a juicer this month from Khols. Is it worth it?

princesslane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Mar 10, 2012
houston, TX
Thanks for all the wonderful replies! I have decided that I will use juicing for short intervals (1-3 days) for now.

dochustle

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 1, 2012
Sunnyvale, California
What I do is run a 5 day cleanse aprx every 8 weeks. During this 5 days I stick to a lot of fruits and veggies, as well as some nuts. The point is to reset your body's digestive system so it is not use to the same thing over and over again. Its not easy at first but you get use to it!

I also use a Jack LaLane juice and love it. I try to have fresh juice daily.

Devil1980

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 6, 2022
Hello. Just picked up my first juicer, curious who else has jumped on this bandwagon?

I just spent $25 bucks on some fresh produce at a local supermarket for the week and did my second juice this morning, so far I am loving it! I typically need a coffee to keep me alive in the morning, but this morning I feel much more energized than before without a coffee, and I am hoping in the near future to be able to replace a meal with a juice. I am drinking it first thing in the morning, as a sort of breakfast replacement. This is almost cheating though since I typically skip breakfast anyways. My goal would be to have something like greek yogurt for breakfast, and juice for lunch... or vice versa.

Yesterday was pears, kiwi, and apple, and today was blueberry, strawberry, cherries, and an apple. Very fruity to start, but I did buy kale and celery to get some greens into it once I am comfortable.

I'd like to start incorporating protein powder into the juice to help keep me full if I plan to replace a meal. Any suggestions here

I’ve been in the food industry for a long time, working with the latest food trends and introducing them to the Nordic markets. One year was juicing, the other was high fat/low carb, another year was high protein. I’ve seen them all.

But to be honest - it’s like MJ’s theory about everything. It’s a simple math equation.
For 3 months I logged every single thing I was eating substracting any workout.
I just ate more calories then the body can handle. If you’re at a calorie deficit then you loose weight. And that’s under 1500 kcal per day.
Your metabolism mostly doesn’t matter except if your a lucky bastard and can eat whatever you want without putting on weight but that’s a small portion of the overal population.

My solution to that:
Monday-Friday, I don’t eat breakfast.
I eat 1 low fat yoghurts and maybe a fruit for lunch.
I eat protein + vegetables for dinner.
During the weekends I eat a small brunch and try to keep it lean in the evenings.
I also workout 3-4 days a week.

And your question is, how can go a whole work day without eating? Well actually I find it more productive. I get more efficient at work, I don’t have long lunch breaks, i never get tired after having a huge meal, I don’t have to think about what I’m having for lunch. And yes, I’ve got the strength to workout during the day even if I haven’t eaten that much. My body’s used to it.
Of course sometimes I have a business lunch but I choose a salad or something lean.

I’ve lost about 10 kg in a year - 22 lbs.
I’m feeling great.
I spend 1/2 of what I used to spend on food.

All studies show that the less food you consume in a lifetime, the longer you’ll live, the less you get sick of cancer, heart diseases, cholesterol ect…
The more you stuff your body with food, the more your body needs to process it and it tears it down.

But of course, at the end of the day, you still need a balanced diet so you get all your nutrients.
But in the western world we over consume everything and I’m guilty of that.

I’m sure juicing is an alternative that can work but not the answer.

My first post - take care!

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
I don't think that juicing is very healthy. It's too much fructose, the liver can only handly that much. I think it can increase the probabilty of getting non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).

suvv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 12, 2015
Considering the nearly decade-old thread is already revived, I'll provide my insight.
I don't think a green/juice weight loss method is a good approach. I lost 15 pounds in a month (not juicing) and ate as much as I wanted - without working out. Yes, you read that right.
I don't really believe in starvation diets, because that's what they are... starvation. Deprivation of key nutrients. With a multivitamin, I wouldn't say they're too bad, as long as you re-enter your regular dietary activity by slowly introducing carbs.
All studies show that the less food you consume in a lifetime, the longer you’ll live, the less you get sick of cancer, heart diseases, cholesterol ect…
This is true.
Throwback to my introduction post where I got laughed at for saying humans could live up to 150 years if we ate properly.
We would easily push an extra 10 percent on our lifespan by simply changing our eating schedule alone. That's 7 extra years of health.

Considering starting an overall dietary thread where everyone (vegans and carnivores alike) are welcome to discuss their positions and why. My introductory thread where I briefly mentioned it didn't go well at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!