The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION A sculptor's journey towards the Fastlane

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
There seems to be a trend of using deceased pet's ashes in some form of memorabilia. Would it be lucrative to somehow use some or all of their ashes in a sculpture of their exact likeness? There are certainly biological hazards involved but that was my first thought about sculptures other than doing something in the entertainment arena. Someone probably wants a Tiger King Joe Exotic sculpture.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
Abrodos

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
Thanks for the idea @foodiepersecond !
I'm trying to move away from the manual labor though, at least the artisan one of a kind comissions.

But funerary art is some interesting niche. I have a friend who runs a quarry, he does cnc cutting for important sculptors, and I'm learning 3D... You've definitely given me an idea!

This week has been a bit difficult to manage. Again just 31 hours of work, I've been unfocused, migraine nearly every day, a bit of anxiety as well, and 31 hours just wasted on social media.

Mostly I've been working on a small figurine comission (about 12 hours for the prototype sculpt, for which I'll be paid about 100$), and 12 more hours "working" in the last college task before the thesis.

I feel stuck, and i fear this situation will extend to all summer. Also with the end of the quarantine, friends are starting to have social life again and I feel pressured to go to events.

I'll start a modelling for 3D printing course next week which I'm quite excited for, hopefully it will help me a lot with my FL project, but this will take even more time from me.

I'm super tired and sad as well, I don't feel like doing anything. My FL page hasn't been updated for two weeks, also I haven't worked on the big sculpture comission, and I haven't worked on any 3D modelling either.
I feel like I won't be able to take my FL project forward with such a lack of discipline, and also I feel like I'm an a**hole for not wanting to be with friends or with my girlfriend, because I actually could have time to do both college stuff, the commissions and my FL work, but I just waste most of it.
I just want this situation to end really...

Anyway sorry for the whining, but here's the only place I can whine :)

OP
OP
Abrodos

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
Hi everyone!
This week has been much better.
I've had a clear , small goal to focus on, (20 small dragon figures for a high school farewell gift) and I've been able to reach it in less time than planned so I took all sunday for myself.

Also I've started the 3D printing course and I'm learning a lot of techniques and tricks that will be super useful in my 3D business.
College stuff is almost finished (just a couple pages left to write), an exam I had next Saturday will finally be done from home, and i'm finally closing some of the open fronts that were overwhelming me.
This week has also been quite good in terms of health (just a couple hours of intense migraine), and I've got a bit more control on my daily habits, so stuff is on good tracks.
I also turned the breakfast or toilet facebook-scrolling time into reading articles and content I had pending to read for a long time.
I've done about 34 hours of work (less than usual but more effective), 31 of social stuff and good leisure time, and 23 unproductive.

See you next week!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Abrodos

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
Hi everyone!!!

Super good week overall.

52 hours of work, 42 of which have been spent on the 3D modelling course, which will help me be 10x more effective in producing assets for my FL business. A lot of focus and way less time wasted that the weeks before: 24 hours of rest/exercise with friends, and just 12 of unproductive time.

The pink one is what I was being able to produce before the course, the gray one is what I'm learning to do right now.
render drac 1.jpg rosario.jpg

I've been tracking as well my daily discipline: been able to cut down to almost zero all unhealthy snacks, cell phone time, and skin picking. Still need to work on the other half of stuff, like sleeping schedules.

See you next week!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock