The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jordan Peterson's Future Authoring program helped me achieve (literally) everything I wanted.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
glad I waited. Got one for me and one for the wifey with the 2 for 1 special. Promo code "rogan" still works.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Thanks for posting this. I'll check it out. It sounds like the concept covered in Psycho Cybernetics. That you need to tell your nervous system what your goal is, and it'll help you get there.

UPDATE: Purchased (2 for 1 special). Thanks for this thread!

Last edited:

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain
Taking a look at several reviews and other forums comments, it looks like it's a solid program. Coming from Peterson I have no doubt about it. It seems useful even for people like me, who already have explored before the past, present, and future through writing.

I'll buy it. Thanks for the discovery :)

NickB

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jan 19, 2018
Colorado
I echo many people's comments in here. Jordan Peterson is a great voice for self responsibility and improving yourself, as a way to "save the world".

If anyone is a news junkie, you'll know he gets demonized as "alt-right". While his psychological studies have drawn from stories in the Bible, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Taoism, he isn't defined by a political ideology.

CopyDane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 11, 2017
If I wanna try things out before spending too much money, do I get the future authoring program or the self authoring program?

Thanks in advance

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
If I wanna try things out before spending too much money, do I get the future authoring program or the self authoring program?

Thanks in advance

It's like, 15 bucks for both if you split with someone

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

Thanks in advance

I think the Self-Authoring is pretty important.. it somewhat lays the foundation. Can you skip it for now? I'm sure, but it will be more effective otherwise. Why not try to find someone on here that will split it with you? There's a 2-for-1 special right now.

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
I bought the 2-1 so if anyone wants one, just let me know and we can split the cost. :)

Kraelog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Sep 17, 2015
I read about the program some time ago, but I completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to start it this week!

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
Have heard of this program before too but wow the positive comments from here has me sold, cos this forum is so no-nonsense lol.

Bought in to the 2-for-1 special as well and doubt my wife would be keen to do this so if someone wants to split, let me know as well.

Look forward to going through the program!

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Just got the deal. I think my GF will give it a shot too as we could probably both benefit greatly from it.

Could we use this thread to document how well the program is working for us newbies?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Have heard of this program before too but wow the positive comments from here has me sold, cos this forum is so no-nonsense lol.

Bought in to the 2-for-1 special as well and doubt my wife would be keen to do this so if someone wants to split, let me know as well.

Look forward to going through the program!
Look up in the comments, another member was just looking to split

Just got the deal. I think my GF will give it a shot too as we could probably both benefit greatly from it.

Could we use this thread to document how well the program is working for us newbies?

Yea, why not. And if it gets in depth I'm sure the mods can split up the thread into a new one.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Alright well if we’re gonna be honest.. I started it, like a week or ten days ago, but haven’t finished it.

~~~exited this screen and went to the site. Finished the thing. Thanks to you all for being nice internet humans. Hopefully we can lift each other up.~~~~

Epic meandering overshare begins now.

I wanna make it clear that I’ve read a ton of self-help books so I know that I need to get rid of mental barriers. This has worked well in the past and I have changed a bunch but.. when you hit a wall it’s like starting all over again.

Confess, be disgusted at yourself, repent, be more disgusted, repent, and then.. realize you have something beautiful in the giant pile of muck that just needed to be uncovered. Shocker. I’m not a total pos. Yay.

It goes faster now but it’s not fun. Writing everything out reveals barriers. I would MUCH RATHER have a guy fall madly in love with me and get in my head and help me work all this out but.. ugh. I’m now mature enough to realize that I’ve been kinda, ok maybe a lot, using relationships to do that..and I don’t really want to use anybody anymore. I need to grow up and think for myself. Blah.

Oh crap. Maybe I need to trust ppl more so that I don’t need a guy to fall madly in love with me before I actually share my crap? UGH. Huh. That’s awful. Damn.

Back to my story.

Sigh. All my goals seemed impossible. Utterly impossible.

They’re not ACTUALLY impossible or even improbable. They’re all possible. I might even be able to get them all done in less than a year but they’re huge goals that I’ve never had the balls to ever dream about before, let alone write down.

They don’t FEEL possible.

Writing them out seemed pointless and irritating. I found myself rewriting the same type of complaint in various ways, getting pithier and more cynical as I went along. Each goal is broken down and, being totes honest, I started writing “blah.” Because.. this type of internal delving wears me the f out.

I haven’t built up the inner strength to go after my own goals ESPECIALLY if I’m not resisting somebody else’s bad stuff. Without that fight I’m.. meh.

(Oh man I just connected this to a whole other thread of habits.. habits I’ve been tryna break.. ugh)

I know this is part of the normal process of undoing a lifetime of codependency but.. still. It sucks. I feel like God is teaching me how to be, not just functional but thriving, on my own. Sigh. Blah.

I can care about anybody on the planet easier than I can care about me sometimes. This is prolly not healthy.

But.

Finally, I got to the last of my goals. It has a lot to do with teaching others.. all the previous goals are based on doing stuff for myself which will in turn benefit me and my children: stuff like career goals and physical goals. But deep down I know that me and my kids would be ok if I just kept doing what I’m doing now. I’d pay the bills. They’d have an ok education. We’d be ok and healthy. But who wants just okay? Okay is usually a trap right before you get fat and poor. Blah! Onward!

But the last one.. that’s about helping other ppl, teenagers specifically... and I guess in a way when I encourage teens or ppl in their early twenties I’m really trying with all my heart to save them from the absolute shitstorm I had to go through .. I dunno, I must just care more about other ppl because THATS when all my salient points started pouring out.

And I wrote and wrote and wrote.

I wrote down a very clear goal to teach and encourage teens to dream big, to know that their dreams are not impossible and then help them achieve those dreams.

It sounds so incredibly simple but this is a big deal, for me. I’ve been unmotivated, lazy, wonky, afraid, sad, apathetic or just pouting for weeks but at this moment I feel.. kinda fierce.

Weird. But good.

So I got some much needed clarity. I dunno if this will translate to action. But.. I genuinely appreciate this forum as a place to share because I am a person who can not easily navigate my own ideas or emotions unless I write them down and I don’t write stuff down unless somebody is asking me or inviting me to share. So.

There.

I’m sharing.

Y’all better effing do the work and then come back here and share or I’m gonna feel stupid. Please. Share some crap. Lol.

Last edited:

hatedsalesrep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 2, 2017
Orlando, FL
BOOM, finally this thread helped surface my problem.

I have NO doubt that this helps, however, there is ALOT of things that help that I should also be doing.

I don't mean to hijack this but, how does one fit these new shiny objects that pop up into one's schedule,when there are 1000x other important courses/lessons like this that one has bookmarked without starting?

Also when I do these things, how the heck do I internalize it and actually apply it for a change in my life, when the next shiny course/lesson is around the corner?

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
The basic concept fits what James Clear wrote as to change your Identity view - "I am a healthy person so what would a healthy person eat" vs outcome habits - " I am going on a diet to become a healthy person"

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-28_20-35-31.png
    upload_2019-3-28_20-35-31.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 26

pawon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 4, 2018
The basic concept fits what James Clear wrote as to change your Identity view - "I am a healthy person so what would a healthy person eat" vs outcome habits - " I am going on a diet to become a healthy person"

Love it. Thanks.

Also bought the program - took the 2-in-1. 'rogan' still works.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
BOOM, finally this thread helped surface my problem.

I have NO doubt that this helps, however, there is ALOT of things that help that I should also be doing.

I don't mean to hijack this but, how does one fit these new shiny objects that pop up into one's schedule,when there are 1000x other important courses/lessons like this that one has bookmarked without starting?

Also when I do these things, how the heck do I internalize it and actually apply it for a change in my life, when the next shiny course/lesson is around the corner?

Only buy courses on the first Monday of the month, and after you've finished and applied the lessons from any previous courses. Or written a memo to yourself explaining why you should legitimately abandon the previous course you started. Or something like that ;) Treat personal accountability like you're building structural capital in your business. It helps prevent the endless drifting that comes from following every urge to pursue information that "may" solve some problem.

(But as we know, information does not solve problems. Applying information might help, but the information itself does very little unless we act on it.)

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Chris,

I've spent the afternoon reading your Dopamine thread, and coming back to this one. Really stoked about all the learnings, and couldn't be more grateful to be part of a community from which I can draw so much value.

Purchased the 2 for 1 special and offered the voucher to my sister who's currently undergoing many hardships. It'll be especially good for her, and if it helps me even 1% I'd consider it a good investment.

Many thanks for spreading the wealth of knowledge you've acquired over the years and bringing us up with you.

Cheers!

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm listening to his 12 Rules For Life on audiobook. So far, so good. I've gained some great insights that have helped me.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Only buy courses on the first Monday of the month, and after you've finished and applied the lessons from any previous courses. Or written a memo to yourself explaining why you should legitimately abandon the previous course you started. Or something like that ;) Treat personal accountability like you're building structural capital in your business. It helps prevent the endless drifting that comes from following every urge to pursue information that "may" solve some problem.

(But as we know, information does not solve problems. Applying information might help, but the information itself does very little unless we act on it.)
Thanks buddy! I really appreciate the compliment.

VentureVoyager

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Aug 19, 2017
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Thanks for the thread. I've redeemed the code, got the course and I'm gonna share my experience later.
It might be what I need right now.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
I bought the 2 for 1 a while back. I did the past authoring, which was quite confronting at some points. But not sure if I gained anything from doing this. I'll do the future authoring one now, because that's something I do need at the moment.

Last edited:

thedragon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 24, 2019
India
Thanks for posting this thread OP. Took the future authoring program, at 84% now, and feel already very clear on how I want to proceed in life. This could very well be life-changing. Can't wait to see where I am at in a few months.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
I haven't partaken in this program myself but someone in my mastermind group a few weeks back mentioned and recommended it to everyone.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Chris,

I've spent the afternoon reading your Dopamine thread, and coming back to this one. Really stoked about all the learnings, and couldn't be more grateful to be part of a community from which I can draw so much value.

Purchased the 2 for 1 special and offered the voucher to my sister who's currently undergoing many hardships. It'll be especially good for her, and if it helps me even 1% I'd consider it a good investment.

Many thanks for spreading the wealth of knowledge you've acquired over the years and bringing us up with you.

Cheers!
Totally missed this one. Thanks for the compliment man!

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
I've got a voucher - if someone is interested, I'll give it away for FREE to the first one who responds.

Please only if you seriously intend to complete the course!

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
I've got a voucher - if someone is interested, I'll give it away for FREE to the first one who responds.

Please only if you seriously intend to complete the course!

I’m in. I’d feel obligated to complete it if it was a gift. And then I’ll be back to pay it forward.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
Can't think of a better person to gift it to than a gold contributor :thumbsup: