The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Joining a high end business school degree for the Network

Anything related to matters of the mind

AnasHarn

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 1, 2021
France
Hi everyone,
First of all, as usual, thanks for taking time to read this.
I have the objective to launch my company creating an app and launching a start up that I could potentially sell to achieve my escape number goal.
I have a business degree from a mid level school and I am learning to code in order to create my own MVPs and look for investors.
I am planning to join a top business school that cost almost 25k, why ? For their network.
In fact many of the top french startup founders come from this kind of master degree.
So if I want to give myself the best chances to succeed, maybe I should "invest" such an amount (unfortunately using a student loan...) to access this contacts and therefore achieve my goals.

Some actions like finding co-founder or raising funds would easier...
Thanks again and thank you for your advices !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
What are your alternatives?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hi everyone,
First of all, as usual, thanks for taking time to read this.
I have the objective to launch my company creating an app and launching a start up that I could potentially sell to achieve my escape number goal.
I have a business degree from a mid level school and I am learning to code in order to create my own MVPs and look for investors.
I am planning to join a top business school that cost almost 25k, why ? For their network.
In fact many of the top french startup founders come from this kind of master degree.
So if I want to give myself the best chances to succeed, maybe I should "invest" such an amount (unfortunately using a student loan...) to access this contacts and therefore achieve my goals.

Some actions like finding co-founder or raising funds would easier...
Thanks again and thank you for your advices !

Sure it could be easier, or this could be a complete waste of your money.

Are you the type of person that can get people to believe in you?

It doesn't matter whether you're trying to make these kind of contacts at a university, at a conference, or in a room full of investors, to do this, you have to develop that piece of yourself that can inspire others to believe in you.

If you don't have that, and the only reason you're going to school is to build these connections, then you're wasting your money.

How can you get that? Well, there's any number of ways. Be one of the top students in your class. Offer to help other people with their challenges. Be a connector. Find professors who are willing to mentor you.

At the end of the day, you probably have to display a certain level of excellence at something in order for this plan of yours to work.

I suspect, if you are the type of person that is deciding to go to the university just for the network, then you are looking for an easy path. And if you're the type of person who is looking for the easy path, you are probably not the type of person that inspires others to believe in you.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about you. I'm a stranger on the internet.

But if I'm right, then go to the school for the education, go for the tutelage, or save yourself the trouble of student loans.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
This goes to show that business degrees don't actually help, if this is the idea that you've come up with.

Just go start your goddamn app already.

This kind of stuff is indicative of low self esteem. It's creepy. Go build your company. You should not have a 4 year plan to make a couple friends and pay 25k for it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Sounds like a $25000 a year action fake

Do many French startup founders come from this school because they went to that school, or because someone who is likely to start a successful startup is someone who’s likely to go to that school? There’s a difference.

It’s like saying most successful business owners skipped college. They skipped college because they were that person, they didn’t become successful because they skipped college.

In regards to my action fake comment. Are you honestly going to try and tell me you haven’t been able to launch your app because you aren’t at this school?? 99.999% of apps were founded by people who didn’t go to that school.

On the other hand going to a good school isn’t going to hurt you and 25k isn’t a huge amount of money so if you want to go I don’t see why you wouldn’t. I just think your reason to go is wrong, not going to this school is not what’s holding you back.

AnasHarn

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 1, 2021
France
Thank you all for these feedbacks.
I retain two things from the posts :
  • Action Faking : it resonates with me, I am the kind of guys who did 5 drops hipping courses before launching the first store...so wanting to do this business school seems really similar to what I did in the past
  • Networking : as said by @Johnny boy and @BizyDad low self-esteem/self confidence may be involved and I am trying to solve this by taking an "easy" road where paying would be the solution to my personal problem
The curriculum of the master is available online, so I can go grab books about the main subjects and learn on my own what is considered essential for being a good entrepreneur according to them.
Regarding the Networking, one solution, get out of my confort zone and move my a** if I really want to achieve my goals.

This kind of eye opening feedbacks are why I joined this forum.

Thank you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.