The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"JobStars" (Book promotes slowlane?)

For any book discussion

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
A book author called Conrad Prämböck released a Book in 2012 (one year after The Millionaire Fastlane Book) promoting life as employee.

His argument is:
In the most income classes, except the highest, employees earn more than entrepreneurs.
The entrepreneur dream is propaganda to most people.

I obviously do not know the contents yet, but does anybody have more information on it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Don't know or care about the book but I see nothing wrong with promoting the Slowlane to Slowlaners. Most Slowlaners, sad to say, don't have what it takes to be a Fastlane entrepreneur anyway. They learn about it and they say it's too hard. So in that way, it makes sense to promote the Slowlane.

Also, it's easier to sell the Slowlane because there's more Slowlaners. MJ's books sold like $2m or something in its lifetime (care to comment @MJ DeMarco? Or not). David Ramsay (popular Slowlane author) sells that in the first week of his books' releases. Just makes sense from a money perspective. (I pulled those numbers out my a$$ but you should get the point)

My problem is with the false promises. "You'll retire rich!" No you won't. You'll retire maybe with a house and some liquid cash, and that's a pretty good scenario. The math doesn't check out for 'retire rich'. Most people are lucky to even retire. And the social safety nets provide basically the bare minimum.

Also the Slowlane dream is not an easy one either. Cutting out life's joys while working overtime and scrimping and saving for 40 years just for a chance at retiring with a house and a decent pile of cash? Kind of sucks to be honest. Most people can't do it. It's too hard.

Curious, why are you asking about this book? If you're here, should you not have already decided that the Fastlane life is for you? You don't need anything else to confirm your suspicions.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Don't know or care about the book but I see nothing wrong with promoting the Slowlane to Slowlaners. Most Slowlaners, sad to say, don't have what it takes to be a Fastlane entrepreneur anyway. They learn about it and they say it's too hard. So in that way, it makes sense to promote the Slowlane.

Also, it's easier to sell the Slowlane because there's more Slowlaners. MJ's books sold like $2m or something in its lifetime (care to comment @MJ DeMarco? Or not). David Ramsay (popular Slowlane author) sells that in the first week of his books' releases. Just makes sense from a money perspective. (I pulled those numbers out my a$$ but you should get the point)

My problem is with the false promises. "You'll retire rich!" No you won't. You'll retire maybe with a house and some liquid cash, and that's a pretty good scenario. The math doesn't check out for 'retire rich'. Most people are lucky to even retire. And the social safety nets provide basically the bare minimum.

Also the Slowlane dream is not an easy one either. Cutting out life's joys while working overtime and scrimping and saving for 40 years just for a chance at retiring with a house and a decent pile of cash? Kind of sucks to be honest. Most people can't do it. It's too hard.

Curious, why are you asking about this book? If you're here, should you not have already decided that the Fastlane life is for you? You don't need anything else to confirm your suspicions.
But that book assumes that the possibility of entrepreneurship does exist, and to avoid it.

Slowlaners
mostly do not even know that entrepreneurship is even a possibility.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
but I see nothing wrong with promoting the Slowlane to Slowlaners.
It is even good.
If literally everybody became entrepreneur, there would be no employees to work for entrepreneurs.
Additionally, this would make entrepreneurship less exclusive and privileged. (privileges that fastlaners build for themselves up.)

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany

I am asking, whether anybody has information about the book's contents.
I am 100% fastlane, but I am curious about how slowlaners justify their mediocrity to themselves.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Ramsay (popular Slowlane author) sells that in the first week of his books' releases.
Wasn't he dead in the 19th century already?
What are some book titles and contents with slowlane promotions?

Who else is a slowlane author?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
It is even good.
If literally everybody became entrepreneur, there would be no employees to work for entrepreneurs.
Additionally, this would make entrepreneurship less exclusive and privileged. (privileges that fastlaners build for themselves up.)

Even assuming such a phenomenon might happen is wrong. Imagine the opposite - the world WITHOUT entrepreneurs. There would be no employers and thus no employees.
But assuming entrepreneurship gets more and more popular:
a) The amount of VALUE in the world would increase DRAMATICALLY. Just imagine all the people around you started thinking how to make others lives better.
b) There would be more B2B relations, like freelancers or small businesses instead of employee - employer relations.
c) The increased demand for workers would increase their wages and thus increase the amount of people satisfied with being an employee.

There will ALWAYS be ways to create value in massive amounts. There is no pie to be shared, no need to worry that someone will steal your privileges. When you create more, you earn more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.