The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My journey from slowlane to something better

Fliese

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 4, 2023
Germany
Hello Fastlane-Commmunity,

I am a new Fastlane student from Germany, currently 19 years old, want to give you a short summary of my way how I get here at this forum. When I was 18, I started reading books about financial things, especially the books from the guy with the two fathers. Then I started the typical slowlane career, you know, search for a 9:5, study something in the field of economics (combined that in a study and work) and save every dime I can get and living frugal. I thought that this was the right way to go, see the magical curve from the financial gurus at Youtube and thought that I would become multi times millionaire, because compound interest will spark it's magic by saving 100$ per month (Lol).

Besides that I read many other books in the field of investing and personal growth, and then, one day, I bought the book The millionaire Fastlane from MJ. When I first read this, I was shocked. This guy tells me the complete opposite of what the other the other authors told me! He can't be right with this, I should not read this! I've got mad because my world begun to shake. That was the time in early 2023 and my mind begun to shift. After a few days, I read the book again and well... MJ got his points. Is a life with a capped Income at a 9:5 and frugality really worth living? Will this turn my dreams into reality? I was on the best way to slowlane, with hoping and praying for 50 years that the god damn stock market will return his 6% yearly. I realize, thanks to MJ, that hope is a very bad variable in the equation for freedom and happiness.

Then, in mid 2023, I read the book that has the biggest impact in my life so far, Unscripted ! I am not an English native so it was quite hard to read and understand it at the beginning. But I begun to understand that I am not only on the best way to slow lane but also to a perfect M.O.D.E.L. Citizen. You know, the hyperrealities like scrolling trough social media for hours, playing video games, chasing money and so on. I realized that I am not going forward to my goals, but go back!

I changed a lot: no more social media, deleted all my accounts and apps from the phone. Sold my gaming console and the old video games. Stopped watching gossip and gossip shit. Don't want to make a ton of money first anymore but creating value for the people out there. And the most important: Remember that time is the most valuable asset in my life! I started to read about stoicism, begun to meditate, make a 1/5/10 plan and define goals for this year (reached them) and already for 2024.

But one thing was missing: other like minded people! So I decided to join this forum as a Fastlane student to learn from others but also giving valuable advice to others.

Cheers!:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt
Hello Fastlane-Commmunity,

I am a new Fastlane student from Germany, currently 19 years old, want to give you a short summary of my way how I get here at this forum. When I was 18, I started reading books about financial things, especially the books from the guy with the two fathers. Then I started the typical slowlane career, you know, search for a 9:5, study something in the field of economics (combined that in a study and work) and save every dime I can get and living frugal. I thought that this was the right way to go, see the magical curve from the financial gurus at Youtube and thought that I would become multi times millionaire, because compound interest will spark it's magic by saving 100$ per month (Lol).

Besides that I read many other books in the field of investing and personal growth, and then, one day, I bought the book The millionaire Fastlane from MJ. When I first read this, I was shocked. This guy tells me the complete opposite of what the other the other authors told me! He can't be right with this, I should not read this! I've got mad because my world begun to shake. That was the time in early 2023 and my mind begun to shift. After a few days, I read the book again and well... MJ got his points. Is a life with a capped Income at a 9:5 and frugality really worth living? Will this turn my dreams into reality? I was on the best way to slowlane, with hoping and praying for 50 years that the god damn stock market will return his 6% yearly. I realize, thanks to MJ, that hope is a very bad variable in the equation for freedom and happiness.

Then, in mid 2023, I read the book that has the biggest impact in my life so far, Unscripted ! I am not an English native so it was quite hard to read and understand it at the beginning. But I begun to understand that I am not only on the best way to slow lane but also to a perfect M.O.D.E.L. Citizen. You know, the hyperrealities like scrolling trough social media for hours, playing video games, chasing money and so on. I realized that I am not going forward to my goals, but go back!

I changed a lot: no more social media, deleted all my accounts and apps from the phone. Sold my gaming console and the old video games. Stopped watching gossip and gossip shit. Don't want to make a ton of money first anymore but creating value for the people out there. And the most important: Remember that time is the most valuable asset in my life! I started to read about stoicism, begun to meditate, make a 1/5/10 plan and define goals for this year (reached them) and already for 2024.

But one thing was missing: other like minded people! So I decided to join this forum as a Fastlane student to learn from others but also giving valuable advice to others.

Cheers!:)
hey
hast du schon einen konkreten plan fuer ein business?
es ist auch krass wie wenige dt verhaeltnissmaessig hier sind

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Glad you enjoyed the books my friend!

Fliese

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 4, 2023
Germany
hey
hast du schon einen konkreten plan fuer ein business?
es ist auch krass wie wenige dt verhaeltnissmaessig hier sind
Yeah I want to create value through a SaaS Business. Right now I am learning Swift and start building my first prototype in Xcode (only "Hello World" so far :rofl:).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...