The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From bank savings lane, to slowlane to fastlane attitude

firefly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 1, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am 27 years old, working in the German IT industry with a Master's degree and recently changed my first employer.

I was given more tasks every month, but I wasn't old enough at the time to say "no". Instead, I worked towards two pay rises, got more and more tasks and then changed jobs after a year without a pay rise. The first few weeks in the new job were tough because I felt so alone. I then applied for other jobs, but they said I was too young or that others were better suited to the position. So I started from this job as motivation.

In my new job, I read TMF and both Unscripted books in my spare time. I then submitted a business registration to create online courses and write books. A few days ago I received confirmation of self-employment and can now start producing content and distributing it on platforms like Udemy and Kindle Direct Publishing! Maybe not as good as having my own business, but the fact that the revenue scales with the reach is good.

My plan is not to go 100% Fastlane yet, but to use the main job as motivation for the self-employed activities. The first goal is to sell a course or a book to one person! For me, the Slowlane is there to put enough money aside to have a cushion and investment opportunities for my own business.

I want to build up a ten-year buffer with slowlane and fastlane attitude to have the buffer for a 10-year plan after GoalSumo.com.com, which may only be crowned with success in the final year.

I am now interested in your feedback as to whether you would perhaps go part-time after my trial period in order to have more time for the courses, books or even a whole business, or whether it would be preferable to build up a polter to reassure yourself and, above all, your parents?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Read the Million Dollar Weekend by Noah Kagan, a lot of good stuff there on how to get started quick without all this ideating, planning, and circle-jerking.

Create value.
Hit an audience with an offer.
Sell one thing.
Repeat.

JophMax

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2023
Read the Million Dollar Weekend by Noah Kagan, a lot of good stuff there on how to get started quick without all this ideating, planning, and circle-jerking.

Create value.
Sell one thing.
Repeat.

I always love your book recommendations. Now that's another addition for my list.

Also, wish the best of luck to firefly in his entrepeneurial Journey. Would love to read an accountability thread from you!

firefly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 1, 2024

Create value.
Sell one thing.
Repeat.
Thanks so much for your book tip and for showing me the next step, MJ!

I'm grateful to have found this forum!

Yes, the ideating, planning, and circle-jerking stops me. I guess it's because I have more ideas than I implement. This also paralyzes me in everyday life to make the "right" decision. One solution is that I have created a simple Excel to-do list in which I rate my tasks according to their estimated future value and the time delay. This also reduces the planning phase, as the algorithm takes over the planning. I believe the solution is to proceed according to many small actions and then see what effect the actions had and learn from them. Circle-jerking is a problem because the people and media I spend most of my time with indirectly determine what I think and how I act. That's why I try to make new contacts and be open to new ideas. And I realize that I'm writing more instead of taking action ;)

The book has been ordered and will arrive this Friday! I've already read the summary and I'm excited. The tip to reduce the shyness to ask is brilliant: "Go to Starbucks, order your favorite drink, and ask for 10% off".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

firefly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 1, 2024
I always love your book recommendations. Now that's another addition for my list.

Also, wish the best of luck to firefly in his entrepeneurial Journey. Would love to read an accountability thread from you!
Thank you for the wishes! In fact, an accountability thread would help me a lot to keep going and to describe the many small experiences on the way to the fastlane and to collect feedback on what I can still improve.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...