The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

J0elsuf's Daily Income And Accountability Journal

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 4

Income, Uber Eats = 105.06
Income, assignments = 10

Metrics I hit:

-Wake up before 8:30 = Finally did it. Hit the sweet spot - Asleep at 1 in the morning, up a little after 8. I got up a little after 8, about 20 after. By 9 I was going for my morning walk and Uber Eats was on. Perfection. I know I can do it again tomorrow.

-Be productive in between Uber Eats requests: I saved a bunch of gigs on Upwork that I'll be applying to later on. Probably tomorrow.

Metrics I somewhat hit:

-Physical activity before bed: Just a bunch of push ups and squats in the living room. One of the mirrors of my complex's weight room shattered so it won't be accessible for awhile. I count this as "somewhat" because doing a bunch of push ups and squats doesn't really qualify as substantial physical activity.

Don't mind going to my gym, but the one near me is still too crowded for me to work out there safely. The gyms further away from me tend to be less crowded so if I absolutely need to, I'll commute to one of those if I want to lift weights.

Doubling up on this tomorrow, since I'm going to get some bowling practice in before running my 5k. Need to meet someone at league tomorrow to give him my cut of the entry fee for an upcoming tournament. So I'll practice a bit, do an assignment, apply to some gigs, give my dude the entry fee, then run my 5k on the treadmill at one of the less crowded gyms nearby.

Metrics I didn't hit:

-Finish at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Ran out of time to do this. Knocked out an assignment but that's about it. It was because I did Uber Eats a little longer than usual.

It's getting pretty easy to not comment on stuff other than this thread. Someone also started a thread like this and I'll contribute to that one since it's about the same subject. But I'll control myself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 5

Income, Uber Eats = 46.58
Income, assignments = 10

Metrics I hit:

-Physical activity before bed: Did this in spades today. First, I put in some bowling practice. Getting ready for the tournament I was invited to which is in a week or so. Then I ran a 5k at my gym. Walked some of it because I was worn out from bowling however. It's all good.

-Be productive in between Uber Eats requests: Uber Eats was pretty busy today but I started really late. Either way, they didn't stop until I made them stop. Good stuff.

Metrics I missed:

-Finish at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Only 1 big assignment, and I was just finishing it up after working on it for the last few days.

-Wake up before 8:30: Not a damn chance. It took me SIX hours to get to sleep last night, it was just one of those nights where I couldn't fall asleep no matter what I did. Got in bed around midnight, didn't fall asleep until a little after 6 in the morning. Got up at 10:30 and by then I could have slept in until 10:30 at night.

Think this might be because I just heard that a bowling coach who I started watching a lot a couple years ago died. I don't deal with loss too well. It makes me think about death and that's what made me stay up.

That's how things were after my dad died. There was a time where I literally stayed up for an entire week straight because I just could not stop thinking about death. I know this isn't healthy or good and not a good way of dealing with loss at all. I literally lost a lot of sleep over it.

I did get a new phone because the screen on the one I had was starting to fade really bad. Bought it only 8 or so months ago too. Guess that's just how smartphones are. New phone was about $50 and I actually like it better than my old phone.

I'll report in early tomorrow since it's my day off. Does NOT mean I get to comment on stuff tho, just means Uber Eats and writing assignments are optional.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 6

Income, Uber Eats = 113.48
Income, assignments = 10

Metrics I hit:

-Be productive in between Uber Eats requests: It was like this yesterday as well, but Uber Eats was on fire. The requests didn't stop until I made them stop. I've been deciding to go for a lot of length on Uber Eats recently, mainly because I'm running out of assignments to do. Don't worry, I've been applying to stuff too.

-Physical activity before bed: Uphill walking at the cardio room of my apartment complex. Since I can't use the weight room and would rather not go to the gym, I've decided to do a lot more cardio stuff.

Metrics I missed:

-Wake up before 8:30: LMAO not a chance! The reason I didn't report in yesterday was because after I did Uber Eats (where I made nearly $150), I hung out with my buddies. Wasn't gonna hang out for too long but because I wasn't driving, I wound up hanging out, drinking, and partying until 3 or so in the morning haha. Was fun though.

-Finish at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Applied to 1 gig and did 1 assignment.

Got a date tomorrow and that will take place in between my Uber Eats marathon. And now that we have daylight savings time, I can probably stay out and do Uber Eats for a little longer.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 7

Income, Uber Eats = 84.76
Income, assignments = 63

Metrics I hit:

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: Uber Eats was even crazier than yesterday was. Didn't stop until I made it stop.

-Physical activity before bed: Nothing special, just some uphill walking, push ups and squats.

Metrics I missed:

-Do at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Only one assignment today. But it was a brand new assignment for a brand new and higher paying customer.

-Wake up before 8:30: Got up a little before 10, 9 if you don't count Daylight Savings. So I guess it wasn't too bad if you account for the time loss. I'm getting there though.

So yeah, while doing Uber Eats, I scored a new client on Upwork. It'll pay about as high as the last one I did, working for a little less per hour but I'm allowed to put in more time. Started today and will really get into the assignment tomorrow.

I guess I'll count one hour for this new customer as an assignment. Or maybe 90 minutes or something.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 8:

Income, Uber Eats = 124.23
Income, assignments = 96

Metrics I hit:

-Wake up before 8:30: Got up exactly 5 minutes before 8:30! Didn't struggle to sleep at all.

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: Like yesterday, Uber Eats just would not stop. It was crazy. Didn't stop until I made it stop.

-Physical activity before bed: 5k. And I hit a personal best; 28 minutes and 14 seconds.

-Do at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Put in 2 hours for my latest customer, with one hour being one assignment.

The work I'm doing for this new customer is awesome and I hope I get to do more. It's very interesting material and I know I can do a real good job of turning this person's presentation into a captivating guide. I'll do more tomorrow after Uber Eats for sure.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 9:

Income, Uber Eats = 128.61
Income, assignments = 48

Metrics I hit:

-Wake up before 8:30: Just barely hit this, getting up minutes before 8:30.

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: Just like yesterday the requests would not stop until I made them stop.

Metrics I missed:

-Physical activity before bed: Decided to take today off. I'll double up on this tomorrow however.

-Finish at least 2 assignment or apply to at least 5 gigs: Only did one hour of assignments today but it's all good. I'll do a lot more tomorrow.

Uber Eats was crazy today but it was lot of volume but the requests weren't high ticket at all. A lot of really small deliveries with the occasional big one thrown in. Still a good day I suppose.

Gonna shorten my Uber Eats time considerably tomorrow so I can work on this assignment. Then I'll get some practice in, run my 5k, then take the night off.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 10 - ALMOST cracked and broke the streak. But I saved myself. Started a comment then deleted it. Anyways...

Income, Uber Eats = 54.89
Income, assignments = 48

Metrics I hit:

-Physical activity before bed: Got some bowling practice in for my tournament this weekend then ran a 5k right after. Couldn't finish running the 5k tho, but I still completed it. Walked 2 laps after running 3. It's all good. Probably because I had a couple drinks and a pretty massive lunch after I bowled.

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: For some reason, Uber Eats has been on fire the last week or so. It's insane. However, it's a lot of volume but really small orders without an expected tip. Only did Uber Eats for a couple hours today though.

Metrics I missed:

-Wake up before 8:30: Got up at about 10. This was intentional since I want to stay up late so I can prepare myself for an all-nighter where I do a massive stream on my YouTube channel before heading out to bowl. That'll be tomorrow night.

-Do at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Only got one hour of assignments in. I showed my customer what I did so far, he should like it.

So tomorrow is my "freestyle whatever" day then I leave to bowl Friday morning. I'll try to check in here when I'm out of town but we'll see. I tend to not access the internet at all on my PC when I'm travelling for bowling tournaments.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 14 - Did what I promised. Wasn't online for one second while out of town. Not even on here. Anyways...

Income, Uber Eats = 61.10
Income, assignments = 96

Metrics I hit:

-Physical activity before bed: 5k. Fastest one yet, too, at just over 28 minutes. 28 minutes, 5 seconds. Not bad after a weekend that had me cheat on my diet more than I wanted lol.

-Do at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: 2 assignments, worked on assignments for 2 hours to be specific.

Metrics I missed:

-Be productive in between Uber Eats requests: I spent time in between requests doing some research on ingrown fingernails. Think I have one, since my right middle finger has a lot of dead skin around my fingernail. It hurts a little, been like this since Friday. So I did that instead of working on assignments/looking for gigs etc.

-Wake up before 8:30 in the morning: Decided to sleep in because of my hurt middle finger. I tend to let myself sleep in whenever I'm hurt or sick no matter how negligible it may be. I get really anxious whenever I get hurt or sick. It's cuz my dad had cancer. So whenever I get hurt or sick I say to myself "alright get way more rest than usual. Don't want what I have to turn into cancer."

I'm aware this sounds like an excuse to sleep in and it probably is. But considering that my dad died of cancer within two years of contracting it (and that was WITH treatments) I don't want to take any stupid risks here. And not resting while sick/injured to me is a risk.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 15

Income, Uber Eats = 144.88

Metrics I hit:

-Get at least 8 hours of sleep: Slept about 8 and 1/2 hours today, from midnight or so until a little after 9. I'll return to the usual schedule of waking up before 8:30 in the morning tomorrow, don't think this "injury" is real serious.

-Be productive in between Uber Eats requests: Uber Eats was literally all I did today. Did it from 10 in the morning until 7:30 at night. Gonna cut that in half tomorrow and work on some assignments.

Metrics I kind of hit:

-Physical activity before bed: I suppose I got enough "passive" physical activity doing Uber Eats, I mean I didn't run a 5k or lift all kinds of weights, but I walked plenty.

Metrics I didn't hit:

-Do at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Didn't do either since I wanted to dedicate the entire day to Uber Eats, which I did. Will do this tomorrow however.

Uber Eats was a bit better than average today, although a few of these deliveries really sucked. But all things considered, making about $150 from doing Uber Eats for a little longer than 8 hours wasn't too bad I suppose.

I'll dedicate a bit of tomorrow to doing assignments and responding to the latest offer I got on Upwork. Then I'll try to beat my latest 5k time. A friend with benefits wants to hang out and possibly fool around with me but tbh that's gonna waste time that I don't want to waste at the moment.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019