The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've started my journey. I need helpful advice.

tgdoss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 27, 2022
I just turned 18 in august.

I've always been curious about the entrepreneurship journey but never knew how to begin. I am reading the Unscripted book currently and have been watching videos to help me. Before I turned 18 I tried to dropship but never knew how to progress further in that and never got any sales. Now I'm trying something completely different. I just started my digital marketing and advertising service. I have been emailing people and haven't gotten many responses, when I do they already have someone doing this service for them. I've learned recently you get more responses and trust by being personal with the potential customer. I am very new to this and am optimistic and trying to make this or any entrepreneurial endeavor work.
Please if you have any insight, helpful tips, or tricks feel free to leave them in this post. Thank you for your time and I look forward to succeeding with all of you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum.

Please don't take this the wrong way, it's just how I approach the problem you've posed.

I'll ask a pointed question: do you have any skills? If yes, then try to make money doing that. If no, then get a job and build skills, both through the job and through courses, books, etc.

tgdoss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 27, 2022
Welcome to the forum.

Please don't take this the wrong way, it's just how I approach the problem you've posed.

I'll ask a pointed question: do you have any skills? If yes, then try to make money doing that. If no, then get a job and build skills, both through the job and through courses, books, etc.
I appreciate the response.

I have skills in communication. I pride myself on being able to talk to people even if the conversation is difficult to talk about. I feel as if I can talk to a customer and be able to get sales but my knowledge on the development side is poor. That's why when I mention advertising I talk about mostly the social media side because if they needed a website for instance I would have to hire a contractor.

I am still trying to learn of course. I am reading books and trying to absorb information from platforms like this form or from people who I want to be like. What do you think would benefit me the most? I feel like if I jump in now and learn hands-on then I would be much more likely to succeed.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I appreciate the response.

I have skills in communication. I pride myself on being able to talk to people even if the conversation is difficult to talk about. I feel as if I can talk to a customer and be able to get sales but my knowledge on the development side is poor. That's why when I mention advertising I talk about mostly the social media side because if they needed a website for instance I would have to hire a contractor.

I am still trying to learn of course. I am reading books and trying to absorb information from platforms like this form or from people who I want to be like. What do you think would benefit me the most? I feel like if I jump in now and learn hands-on then I would be much more likely to succeed.
Get a sales job for a local web dev shop / digital marketing firm. Get paid to learn the skills you need.

Talk to everyone there; try to learn as much about how they do things as possible.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Please if you have any insight, helpful tips, or tricks feel free to leave them in this post. T

There are no "tricks" hacks or shortcuts to success.

To give you another example that might put your request in perspective.

Q: Hey guys I need to lose 100lbs that I gained over the last 10 years, are there any supplements or pills that will help me?

A: No.

Q: So what do I do?

A: Do what needs to be done. Stop eating sugar and processed shit, and exercise. It's so simple it is hard.

In effect, you're looking for hack instead of understanding the PROCESS of success.

You can't earn $10,000 for 1 hour of work as a surgeon until you spend the 10000 hours into learning how to be a surgeon.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I wouldn't start with cold outbound. Start with people who already know you.

Some of this might help:

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
637%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
There are no "tricks" hacks or shortcuts to success.

To give you another example that might put your request in perspective.

Q: Hey guys I need to lose 100lbs that I gained over the last 10 years, are there any supplements or pills that will help me?

A: No.

Q: So what do I do?

A: Do what needs to be done. Stop eating sugar and processed shit, and exercise. It's so simple it is hard.

In effect, you're looking for hack instead of understanding the PROCESS of success.

You can't earn $10,000 for 1 hour of work as a surgeon until you spend the 10000 hours into learning how to be a surgeon.
Even with decades of e-com experience we still landed on our asses on a new project and almost abandoned ship going through the process to iterate in figuring out what the market wants. Can't cheat action or process.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...