The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Lybrid

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 12, 2020
United States
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
Glad I read it! Mind is shifting and i have work to do. Great job MJ and thank you for sharing. Gonna read through it again for notes ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

peace of mine

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 24, 2020
Germany
I've read Unscripted . Really enjoyed the audiobook. Now I see clearer why my Wantrepreneurship is not kicking off. Guess I have to keep pushing until the positive feedback-loop kicks in.

herosoma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Jun 25, 2020
St. Louis, MO
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

Great book. Rereading now!

Jastrząb

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 15, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
I learned about @MJ DeMarco through this Forbes article (which features a successful student of MJ's). Bought UNSCRIPTED , and it was like I'd found a long-lost family member! As of today, I'm about 67% through UNSCRIPTED , and I can say for certain that THIS is the kind of thinking I've been desperately seeking my entire life. I'm 39 years old and 95% of everyone I know, especially ex-wives and ex-girlfriends, has told me that I'm "weird," "unkind," "a workaholic," "have too many things going on in my head" and more nonsense. Continuous conversations that started like: "Why can't you sit still?" "Why don't you want to watch Netflix with me?" "I want to enjoy life while we're still young, so yes, I want to go on this $8000 trip even though we have to charge it to a credit card!" My problem is that I waited too long to realize how much of a pussy I was being, and that I let other people's opinions of me (correction: SCRIPTED-life drones' opinions of me) shackle me to a SCRIPTED existence. Good thing I came to my senses while I still have energy, vitality, enthusiasm, and a full head of hair.

The good news is that I founded a successful eCommerce business at the beginning of 2019, which easily pays my monthly expenses (I have a big mortgage in a high-cost area, and co-parent 2 kids with an ex-wife. Thank gawd no alimony tho!). UNSCRIPTED has opened my eyes to how to scale/grow my business, as well as how to efficiently and effectively pursue multiple other business ideas I have (using the CENTS commandments, of course!!!). Yes, I can look back at my choices in life (e.g. the women I married, the houses that I bought, the areas that I chose to live in, when I had my kids, etc.) and pick them apart. But, what's the point? This is the reality of my life at 39 years old, and I choose to make it better going forward based on what I've learned, and not kick myself for failures in the past. Besides, if I hadn't failed, what kind of entrepreneur would I be anyway? ;)

To wrap this up, consider these 2 types of pain, and the question that I now ask myself anytime I want to slack off:

Marek, do you want to experience the temporary pain of sacrifice? Or the infinite pain of regret?

I choose the former. @MJ DeMarco, I can't wait to finish the book and will be sharing more in the forum soon!

Marty-WOB

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 27, 2020
Germany
I've read Unscripted twice now and think it should be the first book every aspiring entrepreneur should read in order to avoid their first failures trying to find the "shortcut" and chase nothing but easy money.
Unscripted is eye-opening and shows how it should be done. Plus it is very entertaining to read

Thanks MJ!

Sandy Dives

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 8, 2020
Norway

View attachment 14816

Just completed unscripted , 8 months after finishing TMF .

I'll be starting an execution thread soon ;)

iqbalh2

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 1, 2020
uk
I'm on chapter 29 tbh some of it has hit me a bit hard and some of it i don't think has quite sunk in yet.. the gravity of this book is great i appreciate the sheer effort and BS MJ has gone through to right this. I will need to read this book a few times to get the principles to set in..

David H

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 23, 2020
United States, California
Just finished UNSCRIPTED (audio version). I find that, within books that I like and finish, they usually fall into one of two categories:

1) ones that are OK and I finish at a medium pace - I make my way through them slowly and steadily (e.g. when I walk the dog or wash the dishes, forward progress happens.)
2) books I devour, looking for excuses to do extra chores that will give me opportunities to put on my headphones

1) is common and 2) is less so.

UNSCRIPTED falls in an extremely rare third category: a book I wanted to devour as fast as possible but forced myself to actively slow down, because I really wanted to absorb, process, discuss, and mull over so many pieces of its advice.

There was a short bit of time at the beginning where I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the book - I'm a slowlaner, but not an unhappy one. Also, I grew up with and learned from several friends who think critically about how to take things said by others (e.g., seeders) with a grain of salt, so much of the initial advice was stuff I already vaguely intuited.

There are also some attempts early on to define terms and mathematical equations that I, without yet understanding and trusting MJ, felt like they could be oversimplifications or (in the hands of a guru) emotional manipulations. (Sure, MJ calls himself an anti-guru, and now I believe him! But the paradox is that this is also something a guru would say...)

Still, I enjoyed MJ's blunt force writing style and humorous turns of phrases, and I soon found myself looking for more opportunities to listen.

Then, at some point, wham. Things started resonating. Long buried feelings started resurfacing. More and more, the advice took me into new realms of awareness: things I didn't know, hadn't thought deeply about, or untruths that had snared me without me realizing it (compound interest, anyone?).

One thing I really appreciated is MJ's recurring discussions around producing value coupled with a disdain for money chasing. I think that's such an amazing way to frame everything, even if it seems like it should have been obvious in retrospect.

I have gone around the last week just seeing so many things that I used to overlook - all the technology in my house, all of the hundreds of different food items at a supermarket, all of the millions of conveniences I used to walk past day after day. Every little thing took someone who was willing to take time, effort, and risk to bring it into the world, and for each success, there were probably dozens or hundreds of failures we didn't see. It's truly humbling.

Even before I finished the book, I started changing. While I'm still going to slowlane for a little while longer - I have responsibilities at work to my product and to my peers that I'm looking forward to accomplishing - the time left is now timeboxed. I've also signed up for something at work that will allow me to produce value for others in a way that's new to me and that I would have overlooked earlier in my career. I've reached out to people in my life who have tried and/or are currently taking the entrepreneur's road, to learn more from them. And every day, I'm thinking, planning, and preparing for my new path. My new identity demands it.

So yeah, just a few small deviating steps so far, but UNSCRIPTED is literally a life changer :) I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

MaxH

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 18, 2020
Germany
Finished the audiobook, and will need to get it on kindle to go through again and make highlights.

Rohit5

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 3, 2020
India

View attachment 14816

I have read Unscripted . The concept of exchanging time for money, F**k you events really resonated with me. I am looking forward for my unscripted life.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
read it, will read it again with implementation intention

longjca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 21, 2020
Littleton, CO
Got both the audiobook and the Unscripted book. I got to do double duty. Pretty good visual learner but I don't always have time to read so I listen at work. Let it sink it and stop trying to chase money without producing first. Following and spending $$$ on internet marketing tricks that don't work or become instantly outdated once they make it a course. It always rubbed me wrong like if they are teaching students (SEO for example), aren't you now competing against other students and also the teacher themselves? Not that it's impossible to compete and deliver that "Execution Excellence" but pretty sure it violates CENTS in the long term.

General question: If I do SEO, would it be smart to at least start there to get some internet marketing experience and business sense and then use that the catapult me to the next venture or should I just go straight to finding a need?
Thanks

Kayazuko

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 5, 2020
Montreal
I read Unscripted about 2 months ago. Reading it was the final push I needed to completely reject the Script. Not having to lie to myself anymore is the best thing that happened this year. Thanks MJ.

Temiweb

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jul 6, 2020
Nigeria

View attachment 14816

I just finished reading and all I can say is "Thank you MJ"

jwilliams74

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 29, 2020
Hawaii

View attachment 14816

Great book. Read the e-book, listened to the audiobook, and got the paperback for quick reference/notes.

Tintob

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 2, 2020
Germany
I´ve read Unscripted and listened to the audio version as well. The provided value is insane and unlike everything else in the field of business/ entrepreneurship.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.