The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

As soon as I got to the "The Unscripted Life: F*ck You" chapter I laughed out loud and read it to my 15 year-old son. He needs to read and learn from people who have viewpoints that are outside the cultural norm. Thank you for the tremendous book MJ.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have read this amazing book and it changed my life forever. I am not the same person anymore.

A masterpiece. Thanks for putting it all down.

Not once, in all my years of reading self-help books, have I found a more compelling story than the one I learned in UNSCRIPTED .

Yes!!! Thank you!!!

MJ, since I picked up your book 2-3 weeks ago, I have not been able to stop talking about it. I've introduced it to my 13 and 15 year old brothers (getting them up to speed so we can form a dream team in the future), and I've also introduced it to probably a dozen other people. You're right on the money... add real value through a productocracy and the PULL of your product will make it grow exponentially. You deserve every bit of success for sharing such an empowering story, and for creating this platform for us to connect with like-minded people.

I think it is more important than TMF , but - of course - both will be my advisors for the road ahead.
And I think MJ DeMarco sold 10 more of them because of my recommendations

Thank you for spreading the message!

My initial impression when reading the book was that mj had spent too much time alone dreaming up these formulars

I'm a visual "big picture" person, so that's how it manifested into the book.

Finished unscripted and passed it onto another individual.

Thank you!

recommended a stevia sweetened drink mix. I thought I heard it as "star drinks,"

Stur Drinks

Have read this. It's the bible of entrepreneurship. Period.

That was my intent! Thank you!

Just finished the book and let me tell you... It is hands down the best book I've ever read!

Thank you!!

I don't think MJ gets enough credit for his sense of humor. Like the best comedy it's eloquent as well as illuminating and meaningful. When people say he's sarcastic or blunt I don't think they're getting the point. When things are ridiculous and a comedian turns those things into jokes (which they are) the people getting upset are those guilty of constantly doing those things. Not saying MJ's a comedian but I certainly laughed a lot at his very funny and eye-opening style of getting his points across.

Thanks, business books tend to be boring so I always try to bring in some humor.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Just wanted to swing by here and say I read the book for the 2nd time. I started Sunday afternoon and finished it up this morning (Wednesday). The book is an absolute masterpiece. It's brutally honest but, as mentioned in here too, I get chuckling aloud. I resonate a lot with the points but sometimes not sure if maybe I'm the butt of the joke haha. Good stuff!

I recently moved my home office into my library and I keep MJ's book right on my desk at all times for easy access.

This forum and MJ have changed my life. I'm sure you hear it a lot. I've been really focused in the real world and have limited my internet access and movie watching. No TV at all. I feel I have a LOT more to learn. Endless amounts to learn but enjoying not living the scripted life.

Thanks again MJ!

Last edited:

Nico Marten

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 4, 2019
USA
Read Unscripted , this book taught me more then all my business classes combined in college! Unscripted hits deep since I myself can resemble so much of your story to my very own. The book was the "Red Pill" that you reference, once the written words are read they can not be forgotten they will remain engraved in the back of my head.

Purchased the audiobook and listen to it at the gym and on my way to work. Looking forward to reading The Millionaire Fastlane .

Thank you MJ

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
This is has become my Bible. I've given it 5 stars on Amazon and Goodreads, also recommended it to my closest friends.

Womat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 24, 2019
I've fisnished UNSCRIPTED yesterday. @MJ DeMarco - Thank you for what you have done, knowledge you've passed on is priceless. Will definitely come back to the book, while on the journey, to assess and adjust. Thank you.

Neomade

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 12, 2019
Paphos - Cyprus
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
I`m since 22 years self employed and Entrepreneur. Had bankruptcy 2016 and since then built up a new life, with success. Did read the Fastlane book some months ago and must say that it was a good choice at my way and there are not much US-books I did read with "get rich" content which deliver so much worth full content! Now read unscripted and must say: This man tells the truth!
I wished I did read both books 22 years ago. But on the other side: The 2016 bankruptcy teached me a lot the hard and expansive way, too.

DC Welds

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jun 17, 2019
Cleveland, OH
How does one collect the "Ive Read ------------" badge? Sorry, I attempted to search for it. Both books have had a huge impact on my business.

Solais

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 14, 2018
I DIDN'T recommend this book to friends so I get to deal with less competition. :smuggy:

art123

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 13, 2019
California
Thanks MJ - read both of your books. It's the fuel and guidance I needed to stop gathering knowledge and start doing. I finished TMF in Sept 2018, tried starting something but not enough, stayed in the Slowlane.
Take 2 - Picked up Unscripted a few weeks ago and finished it. Now am motivated to the work to get in the Fastlane.

The idea of building a business and selling it for an early retirement was something I've been thinking about for years, but I never had anything so straightforward to reference back to. MJ breaks down the concepts so well, making it easy to follow and reference back.

AsherCainan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 13, 2019
Deep Work made me realize how unhealthy social media is.

Digital Minimalism made me realize to free oneself from social media, you need to replace it with meaningful activities and fill the void one attempts to fill with social media.

Unscripted made me realize the meaningful activity to fill the void is entrepreneurship to gain freedom from the shackles of 9 to 5 and make a real contribution to society.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Finished Unscripted a couple days ago! I didn't expect it to be so much more comprehensive and provide so much more value than TMF , as TMF already was so great.

The one thing I'm unsure about is how this book made me angrier. Seems like a pro overall but a con too. It took me back to anger against the machine, except this time from a more conservative perspective instead of the previous liberal perspective.

So far have gotten one other to start reading this as they just finished TMF too!

The framework laid out in Unscripted is absolutely gold and is a huge benefit, and I really like the investing tips at the end of the book as well. Thanks @MJ DeMarco

Aix-Geneve

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 4, 2017
France
I'll share some highlights of the book below:

"What if I told you that you've become and unwitting participant in an obligatory game, one victim in a genocide of dreams, a pawn institutionally directed by the rank doctrine that every human must go to college, get a job, get married, have kids, use credit cards, finance a car, mortgage a house, stare at the latest smart phone (further entrenching your obedience), save and cheapskate your pay check while entrusting it to Wall Street, all while you continue feeding the bloodthirsty parasites drunk on your life force?" (pg. 12)

BOOM!

Gems like this are on every page.

Here is another:

"Want to know what really holds the key your your happiness?....The great happiness secret is autonomy. Freedom. The ability to feel in control of your life, to stockpile options, mobility, and whatever else you self-determine and endorse."(pg. 217)

I am of the personal impression that is is about to get really ugly in Australia in particular, (where I am originally from) as this mindset is truly indoctrinated, possibly more than the US. House prices are falling and young people will be caught. The Wall St parasites are more bloodthirsty than you think, in my opinion and according to my research

lowkey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 16, 2019
I finished reading TMF a few days ago and figured it couldn't hurt to pick up Unscripted too. This time I went with the audiobook. Appreciate the blend of truth & humour. I don't regret not picking it up earlier since I was obviously not ready til now. Better late than never. Thanks.

Heal Piece

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Jun 25, 2019
USA
Just finished Unscripted , what an eye opening book. It's a book I'll continue to read and refer back to. All ready recommended it to some of my closest scripted friends. Going to pick up TMF next to continue to learn the ways.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.