The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Taktik

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 15, 2018
I read Unscripted . I have to say, that the book answered the questions I had after reading TMF . I like that.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Just about to finish Unscripted . Awesome book and I've been recommending it to everyone that wants to be a true entrepreneur. Very great in-depth chapters and a LOT to chew on. I will be going back to certain chapters every so often.

Skwab

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 23, 2018
I have read Unscripted twice and I am almost done with TMF . There's just so much great info in both it's impossible to narrow it down. But most importantly MJ has brought to light that in my current profession and on the path I am on, the best I will ever be is a well compensated hourly employee, and that if I am unhappy with this fact, I have the power to change it. Creating a business using CENTS as our guide is our current project.

EnvisionEd

Education Revolutionary
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Nov 28, 2018
New Philadelphia, OH
As I posted on the post about reading Fastlane, I read both books and actually started with Unscripted and worked backwards. I like Unscripted better and think it dives into the weeds more to my liking. I will continue to go back to it time and again and as I said on the other post, will try to get it into the hands of every teacher in America. This is what we need to be teaching--not the other subjects thought to be important during the Industrial Revolution. Great book!

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I have finally listened to Unscripted .

I had an FTE, and the following Steve Jobs quote is how I perceive it. "It was awful tasting medicine, but I guess the patient needed it. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith."

Time for me to focus.

I almost forgot. Merry Christmas!

Joey El

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 16, 2016
Down Under
Better than expected. And I'd bought it for myself as chrissy present so expectations were high...

KKate

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 11, 2018
I read 'Unscripted ' all in a moment. The book I read was translated in Korean and was even close to 500 pages. But I never have been sick and tired of reading it. I'm thinking over the contents of the book.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Just read Unscripted . It's the Empire Strikes Back to Star Wars or the Terminator 2 to The Terminator or The Dark Knight to Batman Begins.

TheCrow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Mar 1, 2018
Colorado
I have read Unscripted and now I am reading it for a second time. This time I am highlighting, noting in margins, and taking notes in a journal. In short, I am treating Unscripted as a text book.

Part 4, the “meat and potatoes” of the book, is the road map I have always needed and finally found. I don’t always like what it reads but that’s when I have to tame my ego and pride and step back to do inner reflections.

I have found I am full of the 3(B) and a lot of my ingrained beliefs are indeed bullshit. I am examining how my beliefs have changed over time as well as writing extensively to permanently discard the bullshit (to use the word right out of the book).

I am growing inwardly and it is showing outwardly. I will not be found in the forum much because I have lofty goals and am working to achieve them.

The shortcut scam is something I have been exposed to since childhood from go to college and work hard to Amway and other MLM’s my parents signed up for. And over the past 25 years I have heard from them I should get involved in 401k and stocks. Internally, I knew that wasn’t the way but couldn’t figure out what the way was.

Many years and many self-help books later, here I am finally holding the roadmap in my hands. The biggest aide to my Journey is the section Kinetic Execution. I needed to read how everything significant started insignificantly. This helped me understand how to get started from nowhere. Now I am moving along.

MJ, thank you. I can not articulate the extent to which your hard-earned experiences put into such amazing books in such a straightforward and raw manner have redirected my micro- and macro- processes. Your work made public is helping me redirect my life.

Eternally grateful,
Crowfox KimimilaWi
TheCrow

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JustinY

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Dec 22, 2018
Just finished Unscripted , I'll probably need to read through it one more time to get better notes after I've had some time to reflect on the knowledge.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Got the audio book version of unscripted and have been listening to it in the car, and every but of downtime I can get. Over 17 hours is a ton, but eating away at it slowly. Will listen again and at least once a year after.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
I read Unscripted . I was on a train and thinking about how I was tired of living for the weekend and a paycheck when someone came on with the Unscripted book.

I saw the title and the back of the book "What if life wasn't about paying bills, working for a weekend, and then dying?" I spoke to the woman, she said it was life changing, I took a picture of it and ordered it an hour later.

Never have I ever read a book which put how I felt about life and work into written word. Whatever happens with my life journey, I will always be thankful that I found Unscripted and knew that I was not alone in how I think.

Anakalypsi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jan 2, 2019
Great follow up to TMF . I liked the structure, buildup, and visualization of the Framework. Definitely, recommend to everyone who already enjoyed TMF .

Costafarian

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 23, 2018
Cape Cod, MA
I finished reading UNSCRIPTED a few days ago. Though I kinda skipped through the last part about how to make my money work for me when I get rich. I will probably return to that when I am looking to better understand what to look into when I have the income. Otherwise, the book itself is a great read and I will gladly buy in paperback for a reread.

Crip

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 2, 2019
I liked a lot the missing chapter of TMF, namely unscripted ..
I m waiting for the 3rd book to immerge my mind in author's spirit

ErikKriebel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Feb 16, 2018
-
Read both, jump started the beginning of my entrepreneurial Journey... have seen opportunities ever since! Thanks for the Non-Bullshit approach!

NeatStranger

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 28, 2018
Phoenix Arizona
This book was just as instrumental as TMF, great book and I was so excited when It came out. I am excited for any other books that MJ puts out. I will be first on the list to read them.

DonTriumph

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Jan 4, 2019
Philippines
UNSCRIPTED is another great book by @MJ DeMarco. If TMF taught you the basics of business and business mindset, UNSCRIPTED will tell you the cultural reality that we are today: that we are geared towards mediocrity, what MJ calls the SCRIPTED. If we want more out of life, we must fight through it by being UNSCRIPTED .

And yes, I read it too!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.