The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

pfalcomer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
Oct 15, 2012
Durban, South Africa
I purchased the Kindle version through Amazon on my iPad and also have it on my laptop for when I'm out the office. I am currently about half way through (only got it a few days ago and have been changing my TV time in the evenings to reading, highlighting and making notes time!) "I'm lucky that I choose to read something that can change my future" - reference to the chapter on how Fastlaners are lucky. I was absolutely floored by the parable of Heaven and Hell and the long spoons (spoiler alert!) and can't wait to get back into it tonight. Thank you MJ for the sincerity and bluntness in your writing and how clearly you define the scripted vs unscripted lifestyle. The mind shifts are happening already, I'm starting to really see the world around me from a producer vs consumer point of view. I could write more about what impacted me in the book (so far) but I don't want to spoil it more for those that haven't got it yet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Flow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Mar 26, 2018
The Netherlands
Read it. Loved it. Will refer back to this book many times during my Fastlane journey.

You taught me more about business and finance than all of my economic teachers combined. Thanks.

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
Just finished reading unscripted . Thank you for another mind opening and masterpiece of a book MJ. This was the perfect follow up to TMF and has cemented in my brain, the concept / path of entrepreneurship. I am confident now that I will succeed in my entrepreneurial endeavors and will be living the fastlane life within the next few years.

Ever since I first read TMF 3 months ago, my life has completely changed and I feel like I am a completely different / evolved person now. Unscripted has just added fuel to the fire and given me the confidence to know what I am doing in my entrepreneurial pursuits and follow through with them till I make it :)

I will no doubt be reading your books again and watching your YouTube channel as I continue to work on my fastlane business and can't wait for whatever masterpiece you have next in store!

cheers.

Lori MacDougall

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Nov 20, 2018
Mayerthorpe AB Canada
Listened to UnScripted on Audible. Hated the narrator so I returned it and bought the ebook instead. I'm about halfway through reading it again, much more interesting without having to try to listen while hating the narrator's voice.

tigerbalm

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Nov 23, 2018
Colorado
I read Unscripted recently as well. I really enjoyed both it and TMF . I did, however, think that the first half of Unscripted was tough to get through. I found myself not enjoying this part as much and craving the actionable and informative latter chapters. Fantastic book nonetheless, buying both as christmas presents for friends.

JWM

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 14, 2018
Australia
Read it twice to really absorb it. It basically solidified everything I've come to realise in the last 1-2 years and has given me my direction

NYCGoblin

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 14, 2014
New York
Read the book when it first came out. Went to go reread it a few days ago and seems like I misplaced it. I thought that I had a PDF version of the book with the original purchase, but just checked and do not.

Is there anyway of getting just the PDF version? I am traveling so unable to order another paperback, and audio books are not my favorite for books like these. Thanks!

Benito Alvarez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jul 14, 2018
Marbella, Spain
After reading TMF I went into action overdrive, started my company, started getting clients clocked in an average of 90 hour weeks, working my current job and working my company evenings and weekends. As it says in unscripted , balance was nowhere in sight. I was doing no exercise, eating badly, I had fights with my wife regarding balance... a mess in general. However I really didn't want to get into action-faking or become the "idea entrepreneur".

Now between a few flights and waiting rooms I've finally finished UNSCRIPTED , another amazing book! You can really feel the passion behind the message, as if MJ wants me to succeed almost more than I do. You really feel the push behind you to double down, it's almost fatherly. Again I'm very grateful to have read this book, it's pure gold.

One thing I've found in my personal experience is that the information needs a lot of repetition as it's all easily understandable but actually retraining behaviour requires repetition and not just understanding. I wonder if there anyone has compiled a quick cheatsheet to review the key point in the book frequently?

TheGuy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Nov 5, 2018
Iowa
I've read "Unscripted "!

Great add-on to the MFL!

Lot's of impressions from this one. "If you're in jail, a KEY represents your freedom. If you're imprisoned by SCRIPTED dogma, careful stewardship of MONEY is your key to freedom." Wicked powerful!

Purposed saving is something that is on my list to tackle immediately. Thank you for the insight.

This is the book that I will be going back and studying the business elements of.

KalaIsPawsome

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 2, 2018
Calgary, AB
Just finished the audio book! Now I am listening to it again making more bookmarks and adding notes. Love it and ready to add value to peoples lives!

flabastida

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 20, 2018
Austin, TX
Read it, got the Audible version and listening to you using the Kindle App/Audible synchronization function (the audio takes up where you left of reading on your Kindle App, and wherever you left off on the audio, the Kindle App gets you to the last place listened to).

Reading/listening to it for the second time. I really need to get all the concepts, especially the "Need" part of CENTS. That's the hard part for me, because I tend to fall in love with my ideas as opposed to falling in love with solving problems for a market (although that's changing).

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Ok over the last 6 months I've read Unscripted twice... and I've the Audible version for the car to keep the messages sinking in! It's simply the best Business Book ever written!

Quick Review:

Parts 1-2: Amazing if you've read the Fastlane Millionaire and you'll find yourself saying Uh-uh every few minutes! However for anyone unfamiliar with Fastlane Millionaire it could overwhelm new readers! I LOVE the concept of temporal prostitution... and I love the explanation of Hyper-reality... But If I could play devils advocate for a moment I did get rid of my TV for a while but it didn't last long.. I found without my occasional release of Game of Thrones TV or Command and Conquer video game... I seemed to become a Computer that hasn't been restarted in weeks and has slowed down completely... Sometimes you need a short break from the journey to reset your internal Psychic RAM.

Parts 3-5 Awesome! I was going to breakdown each section but to be honest MJ has the steps outlined perfectly with real-life examples of Success and Failure. Every time I listen to the book in my car it reinforces the core lessons. e.g. I've pulled back 90% from all my side App projects and Merch Tshirts etc. to focus on his advice on Monogamy not Polygamy... And I plan on making a series of mental health apps that can benefit millions... with my only concern being the law of "Effection" first, revenue generation second!

Part 4 The Four Disciplines: I've never seen this before in any book and its pure gold. I'm realised I'm very vulnerable to Consequential thought as I'm quite impulsive and I'm also involved in politics in trying to stop the orchestrated destruction of the entire Middle East. Definitely something I must think carefully about...

For me the most poignant piece of the book is the following paragraph as its been my experience for the last 3 years in following the process principle in the desert of despair... to say it has been gruelling doesn't even come close... but my first Fastlane project launches in January 2019... a Celtic Themed Meditation App called: "Celtic Whispers".

Fortune Favours the Bold!

Unscripted.png

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
After reading TMF I went into action overdrive, started my company, started getting clients clocked in an average of 90 hour weeks, working my current job and working my company evenings and weekends. As it says in unscripted , balance was nowhere in sight. I was doing no exercise, eating badly, I had fights with my wife regarding balance... a mess in general. However I really didn't want to get into action-faking or become the "idea entrepreneur".

Now between a few flights and waiting rooms I've finally finished UNSCRIPTED , another amazing book! You can really feel the passion behind the message, as if MJ wants me to succeed almost more than I do. You really feel the push behind you to double down, it's almost fatherly. Again I'm very grateful to have read this book, it's pure gold.

One thing I've found in my personal experience is that the information needs a lot of repetition as it's all easily understandable but actually retraining behaviour requires repetition and not just understanding. I wonder if there anyone has compiled a quick cheatsheet to review the key point in the book frequently?

Hi There! I listen to the Audible books in the car every day en-route to work! :)

Liber-B

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 29, 2018
The Netherlands
I did...(Listenening) And I will read it again but then I'll make a important notes list.....
I'm also planning to just keep listening to it at my (stupid) job for a few hours a day. (sort of like a chinese in-ear propaganda speaker :rofl:)

Nackog

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 12, 2017
United States
I read Unscripted earlier this year and it inspired me to put more effort into my money system while I work on building my fast lane business.

@Liber-B - I like your style. I listen to MJ on the way to work for the same propaganda reasons in an effort to over power the effects of the koolaid at work.

Lori MacDougall

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Nov 20, 2018
Mayerthorpe AB Canada
Okay, so I had listened to the whole thing before, even though I hated the narrator. He seemed to do a good job of reading the material I just hated his voice. Having read it now I do have one question?

@MJ DeMarco, seriously, didn't you get the damn thing read over by someone who could add 2+2 before you sent it for printing. You've got two major math mistakes in your examples that I was just hoping the narrator had read wrong but going to over the actual text in the Kindle version it says the same thing. Hasn't anyone pointed this out to you before? You're a frickin' accounting grad and you made basic mistakes like that?

Don't get me wrong, I love the book, and despite the math mistakes even the concepts and examples all make sense and have helped me rewire some of my thinking.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.