The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

new dawn

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 30, 2022
Acabo de terminar el libro y solo quiero comentar que es probablemente el mejor momento de mi vida si no fuera por este libro todavía estaría debatiéndome si elegir la vida que el guión me ha preparado o vivir para mis sueños

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MarcusAurelius

Always be kind. No matter what.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
May 8, 2023
Italy
Book read.
Probably the most impactful book I've ever read...

HealthyArtBoy

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2023
Read the book and have now completed the trio. Currently my 3 bible chapters. Thank you MJ

AnastasiyaBjorn

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 17, 2023
By far the best mind bending book on this topic I've read so far. The first that made me start taking actual actions towards Fastlane achievements!

Naama

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 17, 2023
Winchester, UK
Now that there's several thousands out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE
I’ve just finished Unscripted and right away continued to the rat race. I feel that everyone should read this book as you lay down how our society works in such a way it would be hard to keep giving excuses and encourages a way forwards. The last three years have disabused me of how I perceived the world and my profession - classical music performance. Reading your books helps and encourages to learn and find a new and better path forward. Thank you!

emmarocks

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2023
I read Unscripted . It really opened my eyes. At first I thought it was just gonna be a normal book about reinforcing some mindsets, nothing to lose sleep over. But then I got to "the money scam" and I felt personally called out. MJ was speaking directly about the way I viewed money and I realized how stupid it was and I could hear him screaming in my head "Just be useful, you dumb F*ck!". Needless to say, I spent the next couple days glued to the pages, unable to proceed with my trite human existence until the pages ran out just a couple hours ago.

My training is in mental health and I have never taken any semblance of business-like education, but I'm here to learn.

PS: I read Fastlane some years ago and I personally didn't like it (sorry MJ). It failed to strike a chord with were my thoughts were at the time. I almost dismissed Unscripted , but something about the title caught me: I have always lived my life orthogonally to what everyone else kept telling me. In many ways, I am already living "unscriptedly". I'm just F*cking broke.

buscus.stan

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 13, 2021
Earth
I finished the book a few days ago (for the second time) and continued with The Rat Race.
I have to say that I liked the roughness of the Fastlane better. In Unscripted it feels like you held back a little. Nevertheless, a book everyone should read, a thorough x-ray of the western society.

jjbiggs

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 13, 2023
Read the book. I love your concepts and ideas, but have yet to execute

ImAchilles

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 15, 2023
Now that there's several thousands out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

Read it, just like the first book, I basically try to get every person I talk to, to read it, it's such a useful and easy book to read. Very enjoyable and I opening while being extremely helpful.

nph20

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 16, 2023
TMF opened my eyes, and Unscripted made me feel like I wasn't alone/crazy...I read once, and listened once. Need to go back again to remind myself why I enjoyed the series so much

mahdi

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 17, 2023
Bangladesh

View attachment 14816

I've read

DeepKulshreshtha

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Feb 21, 2023
Finished the book few days back.

Something has changed in my day to day life. Now, when I look at a 'rich' guy ... I ask myself :
  • What value has this guy added to society ?
    • Lot of value for few folks ?
    • Bits of value for thousands of ppl ?

Am a software engineer by profession. And have a fair job. But, starting to figure out what to do, and create value by myself.

dinodoesit

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 22, 2023
Read it, loved it a lot sadly its a time ago so I feel like I should probably pick it up again. Wondering if I might have read the books in the wrong order, cause just picked up the millionaire fastlane , so gotta get through that before I give unscripted another read through!

Erick_RiveraPonc

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
May 24, 2023

View attachment 14816

Man the Iggy the Investor and the Billy the Banker analogy absolutely F*cking fired me up.

I've lived in Norwalk, CT my whole life back when South Norwalk (South Main Street, Grove Street, Woodward Ave, area) was a crime infested rat den full of people who the city had forgotten about and those who worked the low wage blue collar jobs (think fast food, masonry, landscaping, maid service, etc). It wasn't Skid Row or Detroit levels of bad, but I'd be lying if I said I genuinely couldn't tell if the bangs outside every night were gunshots or fireworks (they weren't fireworks). I always told myself, "at least I ain't in Bridgeport" as if I was doing much better than the people in Bridgeport. I was paying more rent for the same experience. Eventually I SOMEHOW got a fullride to a State College and I started commuting to and from the University since it was only a 40 min, 15 mile drive to Danbury, CT. After that stint, I graduated with a B.A. in Economics and I instantly... Didn't use it at all and got a job doing data entry and quality control data analysis (basically, sending files and making sure they generated properly).

I didn't hate that job, not at all. My boss and my coworkers kept me so sane from the monotony and I was still just so oblivious to the realities of life still. Eventually I left that job during COVID era as I was simply doing too much as I had just decided to go back to Grad School as I figured a Master's would help elevate my experience and knowledge in my field of study. I got a new job during this time as an accountant at a landscaping firm whose major customer was PepsiCo in Purchase, NY. My commute from Norwalk to Purchase was 40 minutes for a trip that was 10 miles MAX. It was HELL to be on the Merrit this early going southbound to Purchase, NY and equally hellish driving back home. An extra 90 minutes unpaid out of my day, 5 days a week. 2.5hours if I needed to head to my Masters class in Fairfield. So. F*ckING. Frustrating.

During this time I usually drove back home/the gym through the backroads and as I drove through Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, New Canaan, I saw these houses. These splendid, amazing, wealthy, maybe even multimillionaire, hidden from plain view houses driving back. I admired them, I saw them for what they were, a status symbol reminding the owner, "I F*ckING MADE IT." As time passed, I F*ckING HATED EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN HOUSE I PASSED BY. It was a mixture of jealousy, disgust, desire, anger, and frustration that I would never, if I continued on my own path, ever see something like this with my name on it. I hated and loved driving by these houses. I eventually would reach my apartment. A shared 3-bedroom government assisted apartment I share with my mom and little sister in a busy area of Norwalk with other low income, shared family residents that got a singular bone from the government, slightly less rent based on 1/3rd of our combined family income. Most residents lied about their income, we did not and thus we usually paid more for the rent in total. My mom stuck to her values of being honest as did I since I was raised by her and her alone.

I would drive by these houses to and from work and one day I was washing the dishes and I just collapsed. I fainted and hit my head on the sink and while I woke up 5 minutes later ok and with a bit of a bruise on my forehead, I realized I couldn't keep commuting and doing the same repetitive shit day in and day out. My boss and job KNEW I needed more. I CRAVED MORE EVERYTIME I ENTERED THAT OFFICE. I quit that job and focused on my master's for a bit until I finally got a new job a few months later. Same shit different office in Stamford. I worked for a medical company as an accountant. SEMA4 in Stamford, CT. DOGSHIT COMPANY. I got the job from a recruitment agency (another industry pretending to give a shit. No dawg, every single recruiter for these agencies will show their desperation and horrendously impersonal side at some point, trust me). I dont want to go too in detail with this place, just know I wasn't there for long and was terminated for being too good at my job and also not being good enough (trust me, it's a really bullshit reason they gave me).

Eventually, SEMA4 got audited and all of Carl Icahn's companies were eventually exposed and it all made sense why I was let go. To get by after this, I did what I consider was one of the best decisions of my life... I did Instacart and drove around Westchester and Farfield County picking up and delivering groceries. Why was this so much better than the other jobs I had? It was because I had a very, very small taste of autonomy and freedom. Yeah I was beholden to the customer and to the app telling me what store to go to and how much I'm being paid, but I didn't have a boss, I didn't have an ultimatum, I didn't have to be checked up on, no. I got up almost every day, I set my own time, I picked my own batches, I put on my music and took the miles on my car and the gas I filled up on and I did my F*cking best. I felt so unbelievably at ease every single day doing this. I hated some things like apartment orders on the 20th floor with 50 items and 10 of them being laundry detergent, 2 48 packs, and 2 packs of toilet paper/paper towels, but I also had good days such as 3 items at a CVS and a $50 tip for the holidays. Helping an old woman and having her thank me for the hard work with a very good tip, and so much more.

During this time I got into audiobooks. It started small, Richest Man in Babylon, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Atomic Habits, a fantasy trilogy I liked (this was not small). Eventually someone recommended Unscripted and, well, The Iggy the Investor story really F*cking hit me hard. Billy the Banker (my first accounting job) showing Iggy the Investor (me) what the reality is and what the difference between the haves and have nots is. Man I knew I had to change, I knew I wanted to do Instacart but not deliver groceries. Do my own thing on my own time and be my own boss and the only people I am beholden to are me and the people paying me more money than I know what to do with (which I don't have to cater to if I don't want to).

Right now Im working another 9-5 but it's at least much more interesting and pays much better and is much closer to me than the others but I'm not satisfied and I know I never will be until I live this unscripted life. My mom deserves better, my family who couldn't make it to the USA for a better life deserve better. motherfcker, ME, MYSELF AND I DESERVE BETTER. I deserve better. I really do. Ain't no one else going to give me a better life than me, myself, and I. I chose to come here for some guidance and maybe some help to get to this better life. That's why I'm here.

ant55555

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 16, 2023
Read it. Very good book describing how many people live their lives.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Man the Iggy the Investor and the Billy the Banker analogy absolutely F*cking fired me up.

I've lived in Norwalk, CT my whole life back when South Norwalk (South Main Street, Grove Street, Woodward Ave, area) was a crime infested rat den full of people who the city had forgotten about and those who worked the low wage blue collar jobs (think fast food, masonry, landscaping, maid service, etc). It wasn't Skid Row or Detroit levels of bad, but I'd be lying if I said I genuinely couldn't tell if the bangs outside every night were gunshots or fireworks (they weren't fireworks). I always told myself, "at least I ain't in Bridgeport" as if I was doing much better than the people in Bridgeport. I was paying more rent for the same experience. Eventually I SOMEHOW got a fullride to a State College and I started commuting to and from the University since it was only a 40 min, 15 mile drive to Danbury, CT. After that stint, I graduated with a B.A. in Economics and I instantly... Didn't use it at all and got a job doing data entry and quality control data analysis (basically, sending files and making sure they generated properly).

I didn't hate that job, not at all. My boss and my coworkers kept me so sane from the monotony and I was still just so oblivious to the realities of life still. Eventually I left that job during COVID era as I was simply doing too much as I had just decided to go back to Grad School as I figured a Master's would help elevate my experience and knowledge in my field of study. I got a new job during this time as an accountant at a landscaping firm whose major customer was PepsiCo in Purchase, NY. My commute from Norwalk to Purchase was 40 minutes for a trip that was 10 miles MAX. It was HELL to be on the Merrit this early going southbound to Purchase, NY and equally hellish driving back home. An extra 90 minutes unpaid out of my day, 5 days a week. 2.5hours if I needed to head to my Masters class in Fairfield. So. F*ckING. Frustrating.

During this time I usually drove back home/the gym through the backroads and as I drove through Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, New Canaan, I saw these houses. These splendid, amazing, wealthy, maybe even multimillionaire, hidden from plain view houses driving back. I admired them, I saw them for what they were, a status symbol reminding the owner, "I F*ckING MADE IT." As time passed, I F*ckING HATED EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN HOUSE I PASSED BY. It was a mixture of jealousy, disgust, desire, anger, and frustration that I would never, if I continued on my own path, ever see something like this with my name on it. I hated and loved driving by these houses. I eventually would reach my apartment. A shared 3-bedroom government assisted apartment I share with my mom and little sister in a busy area of Norwalk with other low income, shared family residents that got a singular bone from the government, slightly less rent based on 1/3rd of our combined family income. Most residents lied about their income, we did not and thus we usually paid more for the rent in total. My mom stuck to her values of being honest as did I since I was raised by her and her alone.

I would drive by these houses to and from work and one day I was washing the dishes and I just collapsed. I fainted and hit my head on the sink and while I woke up 5 minutes later ok and with a bit of a bruise on my forehead, I realized I couldn't keep commuting and doing the same repetitive shit day in and day out. My boss and job KNEW I needed more. I CRAVED MORE EVERYTIME I ENTERED THAT OFFICE. I quit that job and focused on my master's for a bit until I finally got a new job a few months later. Same shit different office in Stamford. I worked for a medical company as an accountant. SEMA4 in Stamford, CT. DOGSHIT COMPANY. I got the job from a recruitment agency (another industry pretending to give a shit. No dawg, every single recruiter for these agencies will show their desperation and horrendously impersonal side at some point, trust me). I dont want to go too in detail with this place, just know I wasn't there for long and was terminated for being too good at my job and also not being good enough (trust me, it's a really bullshit reason they gave me).

Eventually, SEMA4 got audited and all of Carl Icahn's companies were eventually exposed and it all made sense why I was let go. To get by after this, I did what I consider was one of the best decisions of my life... I did Instacart and drove around Westchester and Farfield County picking up and delivering groceries. Why was this so much better than the other jobs I had? It was because I had a very, very small taste of autonomy and freedom. Yeah I was beholden to the customer and to the app telling me what store to go to and how much I'm being paid, but I didn't have a boss, I didn't have an ultimatum, I didn't have to be checked up on, no. I got up almost every day, I set my own time, I picked my own batches, I put on my music and took the miles on my car and the gas I filled up on and I did my F*cking best. I felt so unbelievably at ease every single day doing this. I hated some things like apartment orders on the 20th floor with 50 items and 10 of them being laundry detergent, 2 48 packs, and 2 packs of toilet paper/paper towels, but I also had good days such as 3 items at a CVS and a $50 tip for the holidays. Helping an old woman and having her thank me for the hard work with a very good tip, and so much more.

During this time I got into audiobooks. It started small, Richest Man in Babylon, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Atomic Habits, a fantasy trilogy I liked (this was not small). Eventually someone recommended Unscripted and, well, The Iggy the Investor story really F*cking hit me hard. Billy the Banker (my first accounting job) showing Iggy the Investor (me) what the reality is and what the difference between the haves and have nots is. Man I knew I had to change, I knew I wanted to do Instacart but not deliver groceries. Do my own thing on my own time and be my own boss and the only people I am beholden to are me and the people paying me more money than I know what to do with (which I don't have to cater to if I don't want to).

Right now Im working another 9-5 but it's at least much more interesting and pays much better and is much closer to me than the others but I'm not satisfied and I know I never will be until I live this unscripted life. My mom deserves better, my family who couldn't make it to the USA for a better life deserve better. motherfcker, ME, MYSELF AND I DESERVE BETTER. I deserve better. I really do. Ain't no one else going to give me a better life than me, myself, and I. I chose to come here for some guidance and maybe some help to get to this better life. That's why I'm here.

I had fun writing the Billy Banker story! And it's sadly, very true! Today it's Cathie Wood!

HoneyBadger302

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Apr 20, 2023
Just finished Unscripted today.

First half of the book was putting into better words and more clear ideas things I pretty much know to be true, but always feel like a "conspiracy theorist" if I say that outloud to other people who are so intwined with the Scripted life it's sad sometimes. Second half started to tread into things I'm not as familiar with, and the last chapter was gold.

Great read, next up for me is TMF .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.