The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Julio Carlos

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 15, 2021
Now that there are over 500,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
So, after almost six years of searching for a real-entrepreneurship book, a book that didn't make me vomit with platitudes and "self-help" rhetoric, I found THIS book. I didn't read it right away though, I put it aside on my LONG list of books to read. Fortunately, I found some GREAT books, from Jim collins, Benjamin Graham, Joe Girard, but I still DIDN'T quite find the "entrepreneurship" book that told me what I needed to do in a clear enough way. They were GREAT, like to learn how to sell, manage companies and invest, yes, but to start a business and make money? useless. So I read "F*ck you money" by Dan lock, and kinda felt something on it, but I saw that there was too much pressure and not enough guiding, then I found Dan to be a scammer, and I didn't want to be like him, and he didn't have the helping mindset that I have, he was ALL about money, and I am not like that. THEN, I decided to give THIS book a try, and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIII I almost cried! Like, I was like: WHY DIDN'T I READ THIS six YEARS AGO?! It was 2019. And that was the year I REALLY started my entrepreneurial journey because I felt SURE that I was in good hands. AS soon as I finished it, I read Unscripted . Now, I read BOTH books at least once every month, you know, just to re-cap and re-orient myself.
I always say to people: These two are THE only books about entrepreneurship and money you will EVER need to read.
As a guy that lives in a 4th world country filled with corruption, hunger and tyranny, this is a life saver, a dream saver and a guide to better paths, the right way. I cannot recommend this book enough, but you guys ALREADY know that, lol.
Thank you MJ, for giving me a chance in life. Really appreciate it. Deeply.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Hi All,

I hope you're doing well! Yesterday, I completely finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco. Definitely, an amazing book, turned my world upside down. I felt like I was sitting in a coffee shop with a millionaire giving me genuine life advice. I have even recommended it to my family.

I even loved the part where MJ talks about how you should stop doing what you "love" in terms of a career. I have always been in the Information Technology field. Computers use to be my thing, something I loved doing in my early 20s. But it has now become something that I hate due to working in the IT Field. With the help of the book, I will be changing how I generate income on a monthly basis.

Also, this is not necessarily a big deal, but ever since I read the book and speak to my family. The concepts I have learned from the book, I try to speak to them about they don't completely understand it. For example, I have a half-sister who Is thinking about building up credit to buy a house in her name and car for example. Now I built up credit for this exact reason, but with the knowledge that I have equipped thanks to MJ's book. I see how you can purchase a car and house without credit. But in this case, we are playing the long-term game, which I am completely okay with. Buying it in cash instead of credit. So I am accumulating this feeling like I am the outsider of my family who genuinely wants to help people what I've learned, but when I tell them what I learned. I just get brushed off.

I am not really sure where I stand on credit, but being a user who has used it and mismanage it. I try to help people stay away from it. You are building someone else's backyard instead of your own. I no longer use credit because of this reason.

So I just wanted to create a post to MJ and to thank him for writing this book and giving me the knowledge to better equip myself and to better for my future. I see the world differently than how I use to.

The next book will be Unscripted : Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mjbarlow

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Aug 17, 2021
UK
I've read TMFL (well listened to it) a lot.

The commandments are a great and simple set of rules to judge business ideas by.

I also wonder if @MJ DeMarco ever met the inventor again that inspired him as a young man.

Thanks!

Matt

lordchriscole

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 16, 2021
Now that there are over 500,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Thanks, MJ
I've read all 3 books

DreSon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 16, 2021
I have listened to TMF on audiobook format. Loved it. Absolutely changed my outlook towards my career, and how I will conduct myself moving forward. TMF has joined the ranks of my favourite books that I surely will read more than once, if not multiple times. Truly inspiring. I recommend it to everyone.

ThatFriendlyDev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 16, 2021
I have listened to TMF on audiobook format. It was really an eye opener and totally changed the way I perceive things. Thank you for your insights and ideas. It is time for me to get out from the slow lane and switch to the fast one.

SoonerNate

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 19, 2021

Thanks, MJ
Just finished it!

Chaneyof90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Aug 19, 2021
Just read the book and it was everything I have been waiting for and knew was out there. I just didn't find it anywhere else. Thank you for confirming my beliefs and re-igniting the fire in my soul for a better life.

Yoran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 19, 2021
I've read the book. I was so depressed about slowlane so i was looking for something better. My ex GF gave me a bunch of books. I first read "the four hour work week", it was so boring i didn't finish it.
And then "the millionaire fastlane ", i swallowed it. Immediately after, i bought UNSCRIPTED . I know that it will change my life. No TMFL already changed my life, now i'm exited when i wake up. Thanks MJ :)

Jaxsss

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 13, 2021
I've read TMF and it motivated so much, I was setting up for a slowlane plan with stocks and other things, but discovered this book and immediately it all came together, it really helped me to sort things out. Thanks MJ!

macahill

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 20, 2021
I read TMF last summer and am reading through Rat Race now. The practical advice and outside-in approach to entrpreneurship really resonate with me as I look to make a positive impact on people's lives.

E-Raps

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 22, 2021

Thanks, MJ
What more can I say? I had never finished other gurus books on how to be rich, but this book was different. It was real, tactful and spoke close to my heart and dream!!Thank you @MJ DeMarco

BalderTheBright

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Aug 11, 2021
Have read the book. Very good one, I was impressed. Never been into finances and money earlier but this turned it around beautifully and exposed my mental hangups. Have recommended to all my friends.

JALongshadow

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 8, 2021
I've read (and re-read the book). TBH, this is not a book; this is a door key. A key to unlock doors that most people are not even aware are there ( I wasn't) - and would be too afraid to try even if they were. This book is the key to a door that leads you into the world beyond mediocre. the single most important manual for business and life I have ever read (apart from Unscripted and Rat Race). Thank you MJ for opening my eyes to the possibilities.

vwgolfgtimk3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 23, 2021
Thanks MJ, Now I am ready to take the actions and merge into the FASTLANE. Here is the pic of my favorite part. A reminding to me everyday. "SNOW IN THE TOILET!

cheers to all fastlaners
VWGolfGTImk3
Bangkok, Thailand.

Attachments

• 9E6D83F6-D16F-4817-A8F6-905914CCB245.jpeg
    9E6D83F6-D16F-4817-A8F6-905914CCB245.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 5

Joshua Lesiapeto

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 11, 2021

Thanks, MJ
i read the book and it made me see things in a diffrent way

Honibrahim

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 5, 2021
Have read it...wish i read it just after High school..eye opening.. thanks for writing.

Thanks, MJ

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.