The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

DavidIonesi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Apr 1, 2018
Romania
I've read The Millionaire Fastlane before I've read UNSCRIPTED 2 years ago but I haven't posted here to get the tag on my profile and I want it. It's literary the Bible of financial independence! In my opinion.

What I liked about the book? Sigh...oh boy, there's so much, here we go...

Even if I've read it two years ago I have the main ideas etched into my soul. The first big idea is the C.E.N.T.S. rule, there are also lots of business analysis examples, talking about iteration, about the fact that offline businesses shouldn't be disregarded and that there are opportunities there also, important money rules (for example that money shouldn't sit and it should be invested, heh, I never knew that you can "lend" that money to the bank and earn interest until I've read the book).

Your personal life story, MJ, is awesome and it could've been a book in itself. The sheer courage and balls of steel that you had to move to another city, with only a mattress to sleep on and a computer in your apartment and how you started from 0, earning your first buck at that time by making a few sites for some people.

There's a lot more...

Every paragraph in this book is a GOLD NUGGET, each one deliberately written. You never wrote 4 pages about something that could've been said in just 4 sentences for the sake of writing a thick book. Another great thing.

MJ, I see you moved to Arizona in the end, how's the weather? I wrote an introduction post 2 years ago where you replied and told me that (you can check it out if you feel like it, I wrote an update), I was so damn happy that you replied! I still am :D I know you'll read this whole post LoL.

Have a good one ;)

Oh! And remember to gimme' that tag!!!

Ha! Ha!

All the best,
David

Mr. Oz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 29, 2020
Around
Read it. Joined this forum right after :)

This book has been written exceptionally well, has some really funny stuff in there and I can see how it can be life changing for people.

Awesome job. I learned new things.

Cheers

Last edited:

Venn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 22, 2019
Rome
Hey,

I have read the book back in highschool and I think it was my first book about entrepreneurship, and have influenced me in a big way. Coming from a poor family it showed me that it is possible to become rich, a "millionaire".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

El Martinel

Hard At Work
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 30, 2020
Germany
I've read the book many times over the years and still refer to the framework when deciding whether or not to pursue a new business opportunity. Thanks for writing the book and for creating this forum, MJ.

Trueman98

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi @MJ DeMarco,

I'm a medical student from the UK who wanted to commit to the long, arduous and restrictive process of training to become a plastic surgeon. That is, until I essentially had an existential crisis on my 20th birthday and realised that the most important thing in my life was my youth and freedom, and pursuing the training route to become a surgeon would offer only a lucrative job (in terms of salary) and rob me of the most important things in my life.

That being said, I picked up your book shortly after this realisation and was astounded to find that many of my opinions were staring right back at me from the page.

Fast forward to more than a year later and I'm currently on my second read-through of TMFL and loving it once again!

Thanks for sharing your story and your guidance, MJ!

RobStepanyan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2020
Armenia
H
Now that there are over 500,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
Highly recommended!

This_Is_Sparta!

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Nov 12, 2019
Now that there are over 500,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Thanks, MJ

Read TMF , now trying ro finish Unscripted . Unscripted is really eye opening about the compound interest scam, and what we have been scripted on since birth!

Tomipiccoli99

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 17, 2020
Argentina
I have read TMF a second time, and have noticed that I have a different understanding and perspective than the first time. This book was a mental and physical push to get out of mental masturbation and take action in the venture that I am setting up.

@MJ DeMarco , will there be a Spanish version of Unscripted ? Thanks for sharing your story and your guidance!

rockit11

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 18, 2015
Langley AFB, Virginia
I've read TMF . Easily among the top 3 business books... maybe the number 1 most actionable book? It's been a couple years since I read it, but it's a mindset shifting book! I should re-read it to re-emphasize that mindset

patrikzaboj

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 2, 2020
Krnov, Czechia

Thanks, MJ
Read it and it changed my life, thank you MJ!

TheGoldenPhoenix

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 7, 2020

Thanks, MJ
Read the book, and it has honestly changed the way I do so many things in life!!

karamojo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 2, 2020
Houston
I've read the Fastlane, and about halfway done with UNSCRIPTED . With this Corona Virus thing, I may get forced into the Fastlane quicker than I thought...left hand blinker is on!

Kat_Kong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 11, 2020
Tennessee
I've read both TMF and Unscripted and am currently on round 2 of listening to Unscripted .

After going through book after book from successful entrepreneurs and life coaches - The Power of Broke, Shoe Dog, The 5 Second Rule , and so many more - I was feeling a sense of admiration and motivation from their accomplishments, yes... but no direction or sense of strategy for how to create that level of success in my own life.

It was then I stumbled across Unscripted . All of my dots for what I wanted with my life finally aligned on a clear path and thought process. My true goal was finally clear: freedom. The other things - wealth, control over my work, my time - were all just auxiliary pieces to enable freedom. Between Unscripted and TMF , I feel for the first time I have a clear vision and method to achieve it. (And it doesn't involve all of that "Follow your passion" nonsense!)

I've lurked around the forum for a month or so as I finished both books. This is my first post - one of many to come as I chase my own path to separating my money from my time.

Last edited:

knz

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Apr 6, 2020
Loved the book, great straight-forward no bs writing. To the point and clear. Loved the CENTS system of control, entry, need, time and scale. Definitely points I'm taking along in my business. Enjoyed doing the 'Set my destination' 4 steps and wrote lots of the content in my notes. Currently halfway through Unscripted - chapter 23. Looking forward finishing this book!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.