The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I've read it a second time after reading Unscripted . Doesn't get old.

Robin Andrews

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jun 16, 2019
UK
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
I listened to the audio-book. It really brings the message alive to hear it in MJ DeMarco's own voice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Thanks, MJ

Hi MJ,

I went to the TMF Amazon page to buy a copy for a prospective client and caught a few typos, including this:

About the Author
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\cocoartf1561\cocoasubrtf600 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 ArialMT;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red14\green14\blue14;\red255\green255\blue255;} {\*\expandedcolortbl;;\cssrgb\c6667\c6667\c6667;\cssrgb\c100000\c100000\c100000;} \margl1440\margr1440\vieww10800\viewh8400\viewkind0 \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl300\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \ MJ DeMarco is a semi-retired entrepreneur, investor, advisor, and international best-selling author who's books have been translated in over 15 languages worldwide. He is the current founder of Viperion Publishing Corp., a media company focused on online and print content distribution. He also is admin/founder for The Fastlane Forum, the web's leading destination forum for start-up, finance, and entrepreneurial business discussions. \ \ Prior to embarking into the world of writing and authorship, he was the former start-up Founder/CEO of Limos.com (1997-2007), a global ground transportation aggregator and marketplace that he successfully built and grew into a profitable multi-million dollar company, all with no money, no formal training, and with just a few employees. In 2001, he sold the company in an exit event but later reacquired the company via bankruptcy reorganization. He later sold the company again in 2007 to a Phoenix-based private equity company.\ \ By refusing to accept society's default template for mediocrity (THE SCRIPT: jobs, 401(k)s, frugality, give your life savings to Wall-Street) MJ was able to retire young in his thirties without sacrificing the good life. Yes, that means he isn't playing Wall-Street's "hope, wait, and pray" game where you nervously invest all your savings with Wall Street, all while commiserating over the Starbucks you couldn't drink because saving $4.12 was more important. (Do people seriously believe this stuff?) \ \ Currently, MJ owns a publishing company which produces, distributes, and licenses his work around the world while contributing daily to TheFastlaneForum.com: an entrepreneurial community featuring nearly 50,000 entrepreneurs. He lives in Scottsdale Arizona and enjoys road trips, softball, travel, fitness and nutrition, working out, and recklessly exploring the Sonoran desert on his UTV.\ }

A few quotation marks need to be cleaned up as well.

Knowing what your book is about, and getting the message that the quest for perfection can be a trap, I don't have a problem with the smattering of typos on your Amazon listing for TMF . But someone entirely unfamiliar with your standards as an author might be hesitant to buy.

Let me know if you ever need an extra pair of eyes.

Last edited:

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
I listened to the audio-book. It really brings the message alive to hear it in MJ DeMarco's own voice.
I absolutely agree. He has a great voice and narration that keeps the listener locked in.
"Unscripted " is read beautifully, but I missed the voice of rarity and raw truth.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
@MJ DeMarco

Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere.

I just happened to look at my profile and it seems like I lost my badges for reading TMF and Unscripted . Are they able to be retagged? Thanks!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I just happened to look at my profile and it seems like I lost my badges for reading TMF and Unscripted . Are they able to be retagged? Thanks!

It's a problem I've been working on since the upgrade. They will return (eventually) hopefully within the week.

Walter Epp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
Jun 26, 2018
Germany, Duisburg
Hi MJ,
I read the book. No, I read ALL the books. Millionaire Fastlane AND Unscripted . And it changed my life.

And now I am recommending it to all my friends.

As a Blogger I made a blogpost about it here (in German):

The Title is: 10 Books you should read before your 30th birthday.

Thank you MJ for your work.

Best regards from Germany.

PS
I am now making 10K per month from my Content Business (selling Online Courses and books). Thanks to you.

BrianLateStart

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jun 11, 2019
Horseheads, NY
Read it and enjoyed it very much. Wish I had read it sooner.

I've started my own business on the side and was always wondering if I was doing the right thing. The book confirmed much of my beliefs and helped guide me in other areas. I believe what I'm doing is mathematically possible to achieve success and am hitting on all CENTS commandments.

Thanks MJ for sharing what you've learned.

davidpn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 5, 2019
Canada
I've read The Millionaire Fastlane several years back!

It was a really great book packed with a lot of solid information and without much fluff. This was actually the first book that I decided to read after a long time of not reading anything and I'm super glad I picked this book. It completely changed my mindset, desires and life goals.

theMikeFerrari

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 18, 2019
Indonesia

Thanks, MJ
I've read the book! What an amazing book you wrote. It changed my perspective and I'm commiting to Fastlane!

Casey Oberg

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 19, 2019
I finished the MFL and immediately bought Unscripted , have 70 pages left. Never had anything make me re-evaluate everything in my life like these 2 books have.

I’m already eternally grateful for these books and this forum and haven’t even started anything yet (although I am already doing marketing for a few clients; thinking it’s time to incorporate, outsource my daily workload, and scale this sucker!)

ClaytonForester

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 27, 2014
This book had a huge impact on me. I’ve been working online for 12 years and MFL helped refocus me on working on the parts of my biz that generate the most money. Thanks MJ!

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Not only have I read The Millionaire Fastlane , but I've reread - ok relistened - to it at least a half dozen times since joining the forum. Whenever I start to drift off course it's either TMF or UNSCRIPTED on audible to help me get back on track.

TME

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 22, 2019
Just joined the forum and have pretty much finished TMF on audio.
Definitely a fresh look for me on the entrepreneurship world in comparison to many other books I've worked through. Or maybe it just struck a chord with me.
Either way I'll be getting Unscripted next.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 22, 2019
Read it and recommended to all my close friends/family.
This book changed my life. Thanks so much!

Ordered UNSCRIPTED ; can't wait to start reading!

Ali Ahsan

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 4, 2019
Seattle

Thanks, MJ
Read the book

lunga ngcobo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 29, 2019

Thanks, MJ
yes Mj read millionaire faslane about two years ago. i also read uncripted this year. please put those icons next to my name. :smile2::smile2:

domduduman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 24, 2019
I've read TMF!

Overall, it was a very helpful book. The way I see it, the book contains what everyone on the fast lane already knows but no one (or very few) were willing to tell others about it. Thanks MJ for taking the time to teach!

omnisol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 24, 2019
Read the book, and am now taking up the responsibility to go farther in the fastlane with a growth mindset fuelled by adding exceptional value to the customers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.