The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Young-Gun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Mar 8, 2014
Austin, TX
Hardly did anything but read for 24 hours straight! I've read the book and it gave me some great perspective on my current self-employment. Very encouraging, reminded me to dream big, and made me realize that I'm actually much closer to my first home run than I realized - as long as I hustle EVERY DAY and don't look in any other direction! Even if I'm mainly using human-resource systems.. and have a lot to learn.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Built4Greatness

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 25, 2013
I read the book. Have the audio version. I reread the book and Listen to the audio in my car. It is by far my favorite book and is part of why I am on the path in life I am on. My cousin is an entrepreneur as well and we speak bi-weekly. When we talk we say "what would MJ do" or "MJ said this" I wouldn't be following if I haven't applied the ideas and man do they work. The way I view others will never be the same. Thanks MJ

jeremye

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 4, 2013
Dallas, TX
On my 2nd read through now (this time taking notes). Also ordered it off Amazon for one of my partners. Between this, zen*******'s investor course, and the Gary Halbert 30 day challenge - the fuse is burning fast.

BustStew

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 10, 2014
I finished the book yesterday! Your approach to writing kept me engaged throughout, especially because of my love for cars! It has been very beneficial to me, and I thank you for sharing these insights! :)

LIkeafox

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Mar 3, 2014
New York
I read the book two years ago and I got distracted from following through the lessons in it. I just read it a second time two weeks ago and I'm not making the same mistake again. Thanks MJ for the book and this forum!

Moodswing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 23, 2014
Netherlands
Finally finished the book in the last days of my holiday. Changed my whole way of thinking and opened my eyes to things I thought where impossible. I am going to read it for a second time because there is so much new information in it for me.

Thank yo MJ!

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Finally finished reading it about 38 seconds ago!!!! That's right, I wanted to finish before midnight, so I locked myself in my car!

I need a freakin' audiobook!

@MJ DeMarco , thank you for writing this thing! It isn't just about the Fastlane, a lot of it applies to life in general.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Blair

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 4, 2014
New Zealand
Just finished reading the book yesterday, its amazing how easy reading is when you enjoy and can relate to the topic you are reading about. Fantastic book MJ and I will become much more apparent on the forums as time goes on and things start to come together.

DA_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 19, 2013
Northern Virginia
I read the book for the first time in 2010. It was an eye opener to see how you could succeed outside the standard model! Was not in a position to pursue it then. Reread it in mid 2013 and am now working to change roads...

Zac Parsons

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 16, 2014
Australia
I've read it once and listened to the audio book on the way to university. I love it and I started my goal setting today. Thanks for changing the way I see the world. I struggled so much in highschool knowing that I was so much more than the four walls of a classroom. MJ helped me see that.

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
I've read it. Forgot to post here lol. I love the youtube videos. You can feel how much MJ cares about what he is sharing with all of us.

PDeezy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 14, 2014
Sydney
I've read the book! I wish there was a 'colouring in' edition for babies, it would be the first book I'd give my baby son to read! Should be compulsory in schools!

Jackal0

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 17, 2014
Read the book twice and plan to read it again and again.
Def. the best finance book I've read :)

95M3er

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 21, 2010
Wisconsin
I've also read the book...TWICE...and listened to the audio version TWICE (so glad you came out with an audio version for when I'm on the go)!! This is truly an incredible piece of work that you've shared with the world!! And the same goes for this forum! I can't even tell you how many people I recommend to come and join, or even just lurk around until they're comfortable. It's FULL of amazing content for all types of businesses and mindsets. You've definitely done a kick a$$ job with everything, and I can't thank you enough or tell you how much I appreciate everything!!

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I have read the book, about a month after reading it I decided to check the forum out here and do not regret it one bit. It's been about a month since then and I'm almost in a position where I am ready to execute my first project (moving countries set me back a bit ha, hopefully I'm in a better position now though), so I have joined the INSIDERS and will be more active on these forums now in anticipation for that.

I recommended the book to my girlfriend who has never mentioned any interest in business besides opening a restaurant (oh please no), she is studying nursing, and firmly believed in slowlane money saving, degree getting values, I got her to read it to help her understand why I don't want to study, she is about 2/3 through the book, its taking her a while with her studies, but the fastlane business idea she has come up with blew me away, I really wasn't expecting her to respond so well to it having shown the complete opposite to interest in business.

Thanks MJ

JSheppard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 19, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
Finished it a few days ago. Read it three times in the last month. It's one of 3 books I keep next to my bed and cycle through that are no-bs guides, by people who have done it

1) Fastlane (Incredible, and I'm trying not to suck up. Literally life changing)
2) How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis (Great book, but much more strategic, with maybe 5% of the tactics that MFL had. The guy who wrote it owns Maxim magazine
3) Ready Fire Aim by Michael Masterson (Great on traditional business models, which always are good to know for fastlane models.)

They all have the exact same strategic and more or less tactical routes to the same end game. I like to take a few chapters here and there every night so I keep 3/5 people I spend the most time with as reputable sources (a co-worker was talking trash about self improvement...seriously).

My main metric for truth in a book is how after I finish it, I usually think 2 things:

1) Duh.
2) Wow, I can use that...

Both came in lethal doses from MFL.

MJ, I cannot thank you enough. I've spent the last few hours on this forum and gotten a few business ideas already. The book was a good idea, but the forum? Beautiful. This is the first post of many for me.

Cheers!

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
I just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane yesterday. Great book! it definitely built up my confidence to take a plunge and do what i've always dreamed of doing. I'm 16 and am saving all the money i possibly can to start young, and maybe cut 45 years of my retirement. Thanks Mj! great book.
Cheers.

sal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 14, 2012
Read it twice. Awesome book. Have recommended it to close friends and each one of them agree that it is a perspective shifting piece of targeted art.

Write another!

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
I've read The Book almost 2 years ago. I've done it the second time just to stay focused and motivated. Since then I recommended it to at least 4 of my friends.

I have to say that it was the most influential content I've ever consumed. I was rookie back then and this Book was like halogen lamp in the fog for me! Now it's time to be more active on the forum.

Edit: Thank you MJ, you've started my entrepreneurial journey!

Last edited:

DBertlin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 17, 2014
Sweden
Bought the book 5 days ago and just finished it last night. Loved it and I am buying the audiobook, so I can listen to it again when I travel. Thanks MJ DeMarco for a great read!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.