The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SuccessInMind

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 3, 2010
Santa Clara, California, United States
Hey MJ, do the people who have read the book still get access to the private forum?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey MJ, do the people who have read the book still get access to the private forum?

The Speedway is based on rep speed. The "read book" forum is a forum I haven't quite launched yet -- I'm pretty sure it will be a "idea/opportunity" based forum for those of you who are in search of a pursuable path, in addition to higher level "fastlane" discussions. Launch time is undetermined as I was looking to reorganize the entire forum based on the content structure of the book (roadmaps, roads, speed, etc.)

SuccessInMind

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 3, 2010
Santa Clara, California, United States
Thanks for the clarification!

wallstreet

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 17, 2010
I just read the book on my iPhone! Thanks so much for writing this thing and actually showing me the process, during my daily commutes, bathroom breaks, downtime/freetime. The only
Book ever to come close was "reminsance if a stock operator" for me because I'm a day trader but this blew it out of the water for life 2.0.

I had a few business I didn't really know what to do with them or how to grow
Them, but now I'm thinking scale and magnitude, with a focus on need.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi MJ,

Just curious, do you still write programs on your own or on the side besides this forum?

I haven't in years ... been writing for the last few years, now I'm onto marketing.

BEAR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 11, 2007
Montana
So I picked up the book from Amazon a week ago.
All I can say is brilliant! It has held my attention better than any book before (even rich dad,poor dad).
I cant seem to put it down and I am now half way through and it keeps getting better!
It has also caused me to rethink my current path in life and do things differently.
Big thanks to MJ.... BRAVO!

ceoarob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Aug 11, 2008
Atlanta, GA
This is a lil late, but...

I've read the book.

Twice.

First time was just exposure to what is possible. Second time really drilled in the "execution" part of things and is still making me take a look into my life and make the necessary changes.

It has helped me realize what it takes to get truly rich. And why I could never trade time for money and truly become "rich".

I had trouble sleeping after the first time reading it because I knew that I would have to do some major restructuring in my life. However, it illuminated different ways to get rich and really made my mind see money and businesses in a new way.

One of the key points that sticks with me is: "Some businesses masquerade as jobs"

Time is really the most important thing that we have, so I might as well maximize what I've got.

-------------

Oh yeah, the second time reading it really brought out the entire principle of Choice and Accountability. The entire story about Eugene who was working at walmart really shook me up because it made me realize that *I and I alone* am responsible for my choices. No one had a gun to my head and forced me to choose one way or the other, I chose from my own free will.

Therefore, I can choose to be rich, or I can choose to be poor. The choice is mine.

But again, I thank you for the book. It's really the most practical thing on the market today about creating and maintaining wealth.

In the past 2 or 3 weeks, anytime that friends have asked me for book recommendations about money, your book has always taken number one spot. It used to be "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill, but IMO this book triumphs over it in so many ways.

That's just my heartfelt opinion.

-AR

madison

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Apr 8, 2009
Just finished reading the book. Great stuff MJ. Now to put it into action.

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
Well, I'm getting through it... received it last week finally (earlier than the estimated date - go go 18 - 32 day international shipping!), loving it so far - very easy to relate to and understand with some really good anologies etc. Will give some more thorough feedback when I'm finished, I'd say im 40% through atm.

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
I passed the book to my wife for her to read. I asked her a few days where she was and she said she finished it. She added a few comments about the book and we've been able to talk about it. She also liked the humor, intentional or not, that was added as well.

Tom

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Icons added! Inphinity let me know when ya finish.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I finished it last week and forgot to come back here and report it.

The last few chapters were very very good MJ, I really enjoy those in particular.

w4rl0rdx

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 2, 2009
Michigan
Hey MJ, I finished it a while ago and loved it. Voted it up on amazon.

dfw1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 3, 2010
Dallas TX
Hi Everyone,

I have read most of the book and only have one chapter left to read. I would say that the part about "choices" is what really shook me up and gave me more of a realization of why I am where I am at today. Admittedly I have been side-walking, while chasing dreams of being independent and an entrepreneur with not many good results. But I can assure all of you that things are changing today. I get tons of ideas, but I really need to start focusing on one and executing as best as I can.

Seems one of the biggest messages MJ was trying to convey to entrepreneurs is take action on ideas (execution). Don't just talk and dream, but talk and really DO what you say you are going to DO.

Secondly, while I have been a member on this board for a year, I hardly post. Now that I read the book and feel more of a connection, I will post more often, whether it is a question, comment or and update to my entrepreneurial pursuits.

2 more items that I would like add about the book is that I was hoping to read more about the details of when MJ strated his limo website and to have learned a bit more about the lead generation business model. The other thing is I learned some terminology I have not heard of before and I used the last page of the book to write notes, If there is another re-printing of the book, a "notes" page at the end of the book may be useful to many readers.

Overall an excellent book and a MUST read by any entrepreneur and brain dead clones working a job looking for something much better!

Happy Holidays, - Gary

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I almost cheated. I kinda know that my wife bought me this book for Christmas, it was like 1 of 3 items on my list this year. The crappy part is I have to wait till then to read it. I almost cheated and bought it, but thought better. Can't wait to see what's inside.

dfw1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 3, 2010
Dallas TX
Hi MJ

I finished reading the book!

It's on my desk and plan to re-read it again because there is so much valuable information. I gotta say that taking action has now become a priority. Today my wife was a little upset because I have been doing alot of SEO to my website and kind of ignoring her. But I explained to her (again) why I feel a particular website of my has incredible potential to be successful and could change our lives.

She likes to "view events", however I am the creator of a process, and I think she understands more now. (If I was single and not married I could do some serious a$$ kicking on the internet) However I love my family and need to give them attention and time as well.

- Gary

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
She likes to "view events", however I am the creator of a process, and I think she understands more now. (If I was single and not married I could do some serious a$$ kicking on the internet) However I love my family and need to give them attention and time as well.

- Gary

I think we all struggle with this, but remember that the Wealth Trinity is Freedom(finances)-Family(relationships)-Fitness(health) so being successful in your financial endeavors at the expense of your relationships can be just as bad as working 9-5, but having a healthy, happy home-life.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I just ordered the book at Amazon (which said there were only two left before I bought it), and it should arrive before Christmas. Am looking forward to reading it and giving my review.

BTW, how many business owners here will be writing this off as a business (i.e., educational) expense? ;-)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I just ordered the book at Amazon (which said there were only two left before I bought it),

Hmmm, that is odd ... my inventory shows Amazon has plenty in stock. Weird! Hope you like the book!

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
Hmmm, that is odd ... my inventory shows Amazon has plenty in stock. Weird! Hope you like the book!

Yea, I thought so, too. Maybe a "get before it's gone" marketing ploy? Actually, looking at their site again, the "2 new" refers to two sources - not two books.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
I have read the book, going to read it again.

TheFinBin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 1, 2010
Newtown, PA
MJ,

I just finished the book. Excellent read.

I must say I think for me the most important portion of the whole book is where you talk about execution. That is my biggest weakness that I am constantly trying to overcome. I have definitely suffered from bouts of Tekel Syndrome as well. What is interesting though is in my latest endeavour, the website I am putting together, is one that I have stuck with the longest. I doubt that it is a coincidence that this was also around the time I started browsing the Fastlane Forum more and then only aided further by receiving your book.

That said, it is now up to me in what I choose to do about the knowledge I have received. Thanks again!

Merry Christmas everybody.

Take care,

Dave

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
I got the book on December 24 and read the 300 pages within two days - I finished it about one hour ago. Great job MJ, but I expected nothing less. You have helped me re-open my eyes and I feel that my speedometer's potential has increased. Time to hit the gas and to smell some burned rubber!

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
I read the book MJ. I think Im going to read it again just for fun

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts