• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! I've Read The Millionaire Fastlane!

Discussion in 'Forum News, Updates, & FAQs' started by MJ DeMarco, Oct 21, 2010.

1. madison

madison New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $110
    Just finished reading the book. Great stuff MJ. Now to put it into action.

2. Inphinity

Inphinity Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $140
    Well, I'm getting through it... received it last week finally (earlier than the estimated date - go go 18 - 32 day international shipping!), loving it so far - very easy to relate to and understand with some really good anologies etc. Will give some more thorough feedback when I'm finished, I'd say im 40% through atm.

3. tchandy

tchandy Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $105
    I passed the book to my wife for her to read. I asked her a few days where she was and she said she finished it. She added a few comments about the book and we've been able to talk about it. She also liked the humor, intentional or not, that was added as well.

Tom

4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $325,421
    Admin Post
    Icons added! Inphinity let me know when ya finish.

5. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,058
    I finished it last week and forgot to come back here and report it.

The last few chapters were very very good MJ, I really enjoy those in particular.

6. w4rl0rdx

w4rl0rdx New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $60
    Hey MJ, I finished it a while ago and loved it. Voted it up on amazon.

7. dfw1

dfw1 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $103
    Hi Everyone,

I have read most of the book and only have one chapter left to read. I would say that the part about "choices" is what really shook me up and gave me more of a realization of why I am where I am at today. Admittedly I have been side-walking, while chasing dreams of being independent and an entrepreneur with not many good results. But I can assure all of you that things are changing today. I get tons of ideas, but I really need to start focusing on one and executing as best as I can.

Seems one of the biggest messages MJ was trying to convey to entrepreneurs is take action on ideas (execution). Don't just talk and dream, but talk and really DO what you say you are going to DO.

Secondly, while I have been a member on this board for a year, I hardly post. Now that I read the book and feel more of a connection, I will post more often, whether it is a question, comment or and update to my entrepreneurial pursuits.

2 more items that I would like add about the book is that I was hoping to read more about the details of when MJ strated his limo website and to have learned a bit more about the lead generation business model. The other thing is I learned some terminology I have not heard of before and I used the last page of the book to write notes, If there is another re-printing of the book, a "notes" page at the end of the book may be useful to many readers.

Overall an excellent book and a MUST read by any entrepreneur and brain dead clones working a job looking for something much better!

Happy Holidays, - Gary

8. Bilgefisher

Bilgefisher Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $328
    I almost cheated. I kinda know that my wife bought me this book for Christmas, it was like 1 of 3 items on my list this year. The crappy part is I have to wait till then to read it. I almost cheated and bought it, but thought better. Can't wait to see what's inside.

9. dfw1

dfw1 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $103
    Hi MJ

I finished reading the book!

It's on my desk and plan to re-read it again because there is so much valuable information. I gotta say that taking action has now become a priority. Today my wife was a little upset because I have been doing alot of SEO to my website and kind of ignoring her. But I explained to her (again) why I feel a particular website of my has incredible potential to be successful and could change our lives.

She likes to "view events", however I am the creator of a process, and I think she understands more now. (If I was single and not married I could do some serious ass kicking on the internet) However I love my family and need to give them attention and time as well.

- Gary

10. TaxGuy

TaxGuy Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $134
    I think we all struggle with this, but remember that the Wealth Trinity is Freedom(finances)-Family(relationships)-Fitness(health) so being successful in your financial endeavors at the expense of your relationships can be just as bad as working 9-5, but having a healthy, happy home-life.

11. NoMoneyDown

NoMoneyDown Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $71
    I just ordered the book at Amazon (which said there were only two left before I bought it), and it should arrive before Christmas. Am looking forward to reading it and giving my review.

BTW, how many business owners here will be writing this off as a business (i.e., educational) expense? ;-)

12. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $325,421
    Admin Post
    Hmmm, that is odd ... my inventory shows Amazon has plenty in stock. Weird! Hope you like the book!

13. NoMoneyDown

NoMoneyDown Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $71
    Yea, I thought so, too. Maybe a "get before it's gone" marketing ploy? Actually, looking at their site again, the "2 new" refers to two sources - not two books.

14. ryanpal

ryanpal Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $75
    just finished reading (1:30am). read it slow to really absorb the material. i was definitely surprised by the content.

great book.

15. valuegiver

valuegiver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $158
    I have read the book, going to read it again.

16. Newbie

Newbie New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $36
    Just completed the book. A+ :D now to for action.

17. TheFinBin

TheFinBin New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $43
    MJ,

I just finished the book. Excellent read.

I must say I think for me the most important portion of the whole book is where you talk about execution. That is my biggest weakness that I am constantly trying to overcome. I have definitely suffered from bouts of Tekel Syndrome as well. What is interesting though is in my latest endeavour, the website I am putting together, is one that I have stuck with the longest. I doubt that it is a coincidence that this was also around the time I started browsing the Fastlane Forum more and then only aided further by receiving your book.

That said, it is now up to me in what I choose to do about the knowledge I have received. Thanks again!

Merry Christmas everybody.

Take care,

Dave

18. Oracle

Oracle New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $38
    There should be an audio version of the book.

19. dkt91

dkt91 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $115
    I got the book on December 24 and read the 300 pages within two days - I finished it about one hour ago. Great job MJ, but I expected nothing less. You have helped me re-open my eyes and I feel that my speedometer's potential has increased. Time to hit the gas and to smell some burned rubber!

20. Bozigian

Bozigian New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $58
    I read the book MJ. I think Im going to read it again just for fun

21. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,058
    MJ, time to update the icons and add them to those of us that finish it! (I want my badge as late Christmas present, please)

22. John Rogers

John Rogers Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $61
    Thanks to someone mentioning the book over at the Warrior Forum, I nabbed the electronic version for my nook, and finished it in about a week. I think I'll get a bound version for my second read.

I don't hang out in forums much anymore (I was a mod at the Warrior Forum for several years), and am thankful I just happened to spot the thread that recommended MJ's book. I've read quite a few business books, and The Millionaire Fastlane is probably the best in terms of providing excellent information while keeping the concepts and language at a level that doesn't alienate the average reader. (Think and Grow Rich is epic, but man that is a dense read.)

Anyway, I read the book, I enjoyed it, I learned from it, and I look forward to poking around the forum.

John

23. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $325,421
    Admin Post
    Sorry guys I'm behind on this, I will get to it soon.

24. murphprodigy

murphprodigy New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $32
    great book...just read it!

25. Kevin Trout

Kevin Trout New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $72
    I read it and now it is time to get to work.