The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sinirad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Feb 23, 2018
Montreal
I've read the book and I have to say...even though I'm an English Literature graduate and an ESL teacher, this is my favourite book! Definitely the most life-changing book I've ever read. We'll see if that's still the case after I've read Unscripted ;P

goldstein

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 31, 2017
Just finished reading the book tonight. My favorite chapter is #23. It really reasonates with me. The power of your choices and their impacts, the younger you are, the bigger the influence your choices have on your future. It Made me realize the HUGE advantage I have right now. Im taking control of the steering wheel. Thank you @MJ DeMarco for providing me with this great tool filled with directions ! I just bought Unscripted and will be reading it!

Thank you @jon.a for suggesting that I needed to read this. That was GREAT advice.

Lord Business

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Feb 24, 2018
finland
Finishing TMF for the 2nd time now (first in kindle, now in audible). The mind-shift moment for me were:
1) getting wealthy in years instead of decades is possible
2) wealth is something to be enjoyed while young
Epic philosophy, thank you MJ

The_Saphir

Deo Volente
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 31, 2016
Everywhere
F
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
Finished it in 2016. Best business book ever

mikeyjd

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Dec 10, 2015
Michigan
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Thanks, MJ

Great book. Read it last year. Just downloaded the audio version for a 2nd go of it.

Fern

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 25, 2018
Fairfield, CA
Finished the book! As a two-time college grad, I can definitely say this is one of the most (if not the most) informative, practical books I have ever read.

Thanks, MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1. Never be afraid to dream big.
2. Be Honest.
3. Never fear things you dont know ,you have the ability to figure things out.
4. Your dreams, however outlandish are worth pursuing.
5. Respect process/hard work.
6. Think out of the box ,dont be bogged down by dogma.(Steve Jobs example in Unscripted )
7. Never rely on anyone else .You are the creator of your destiny. Depend on no one.
8. Give ,give ,give.
9. Accept your mistake and make adjustment
10. Follow needs not passion
11. There is a different way of doing things.
12. Don't look at step no 32 until you reach there . ('How to Accomplish Anything “Big” In Life Without Getting Swallowed.')

Very good!

I never liked those "become millionaire saving a penny a day", "invest on x stock/bond/derivative", and MLM scams I was always reading in books. As a programmer since my early ages and son of entrepreneurs, I always thought the real way to make money was through building a business. I always felt like every business was a lot inefficient in many ways and The Millionaire Fastlane opened (even more) my mind about using this as an opportunity.

Bingo! Business, not Wall Street!

Is it possible, that the translators quit their jobs after reading this?

Haven't heard anything, but I probably wouldn't since translators are on the other side of the planet with English being a 2nd language.

Just finished TMF . I actually read UNSCRIPTED first. Both absolute GOLD, thanks MJ!

Nice to hear that they books worked in opposite order, whew!

annoyed it's taken so long to find a book like this

Not surprising...

The mainstream media won't tell you about it.

You have to hear about it from your inner circle.

[GALLERY=media, 97]Recommends by MJ DeMarco posted Dec 8, 2017 at 9:55 AM[/GALLERY]

Reading this book was like a discovering a small crack in the concrete walls of my jail cell. The sunlight shining through from the outside world arousing a sentiment of, "escape is possible".

I quickly covered up the crack, with a poster to prevent the guards and naysayers from thwarting my plans, and nightly I began chipping away at the crack until I am free.

Ha, love the analogy! Thanks for sharing!

(I've read all of Dave Ramsey's books) and thought I was doing it right, I'm not.

Dave's books are actually decent because they teach money management and discipline -- that's a tool in the toolbox, but it doesn't build the house.

I've read other financial and motivational books, but as I've told my circle, this book outranks them all.

Thank you for the recommendations!

. A few years later I stumbled upon TMF , and after I read the back of the book and some of the contents, I slowly realized that this was what toga guy was talking about.

Ha Ha, you found a TMF disciple!

create a list with the entire recipe on one page.

Here ya go!

[GALLERY=media, 36]The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework, TUNEF by MJ DeMarco posted Jun 19, 2017 at 12:44 PM[/GALLERY]

recommended to couple of friends

Thank you for the shares!

Jello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 1, 2018
NL
Just finished the milionair fastlane and have to say, concerning self help / entrepreneurship books it's the best I ever read on the subject.

It's just common sense and really a roadmap which can get you you succes but also happiness through fullfilness.

@MJ DeMarco I really like your writing style it's clean, direct and very powerful.

Can't wait to start unscripted (tonight)
1ba842d16250316830da58ddda7ebc45.jpg

Temujin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 22, 2018
Canada
Read this book, absolutely love the no bullshit attitude approach. Help me get off my a$$ and start my e-commerce business

247earnings

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 28, 2018
North Carolina

Thanks, MJ
Just finished it last night. I went away with mixed emotions, Happy that I read it but sad that I didn't read it 40 years ago. I may be late to the party but I'm still here. I will use the next 5-6 years to achieve my wealth goals.

Driver

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 1, 2018
Germany
Thanks for this inspiring yet practical book!

1) Listened to the audio book on Audible.
2) Ordered the hard copy to reread important chapters.
3) Now I'm sorting my ideas to match them with CENTS.
4) My first steps to build my own business are done.
5) Exciting times ahead!

PS: Currently listening to UNSCRIPTED on Audible. The hard copy is already ordered...

Last edited:

TheCrow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Mar 1, 2018
Colorado

Thanks, MJ

I read this book. I am so amazed and impressed that I ordered Unscripted today as well as registered for the Fastlane Forum. I am amazed at how much my conditioned thinking fights the information in this book, yet I will be re-reading it this weekend and doing the exercises in it. I am certain I will be amazed at my goal for monthly and annual income. I am also amazed at ditching the business plan and executing first. I am overwhelmed in a good way at all the yummy brainfood and am grateful, MJ, that you took the time and effort, regardless of your obstacles, to put your knowledge in book form. It changes people for the better. I know it is changing me. I do have some questions for you regarding some statements made in the book. Perhaps someday I will have the opportunity to ask you.

chimichangatime

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 1, 2018
sacramento, ca
Read TMF a couple of years ago, I believe, when it was new-ish. Liked it, didn't act. In the process of getting my sh*t together and *doing*. The idea of another corporate job turns my stomach.

Just bought Unscripted today, starting it tonight.

rodbs

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 2, 2018
Spain
I've read the book.
My take-away sentence: Slowlaners are consumers, Fasltlaners are producers.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany

Thanks, MJ

I like, how at the end of page 11 (also included into the free PDF part for those who do not own the book yet), I like how he describes his feelings about Get a Job, Baby!.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
I never posted in this thread, but I read the book many years ago. I appreciated the no-nonsense and direct way MJ explained how he saw things.

Have handed my copy off to one of my friends, so I guess I'll need to buy another at some point to re-read. Been posting on this forum for many years, not sure why I never mentioned I read the original book, whoops!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.