The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Its been one year of FLF for me. This forum will change your life and Ill prove it.

Valier

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,021%
Apr 3, 2019
UK, London
@Envision Just wanted to say thank you so much for this post.

I remember printing out the first post you made on this thread and reading it like a bible when I was working as a customer service assistant, and at a call centre, then later as an estate agent.

Every time I was on my lunch breaks I would pull out the paper and read it over and over as I sat in the locker room eating just a piece of fruit. It constantly reminded me of what I was doing, and why I was doing it.

Having joined this forum at 17/18, your story hugely resonated and inspired me.

And now, just a little over a year after being on this forum and starting up my YouTube business, I've made more money in the last month than I have in my entire life... a feeling that is so indescribable, but that I'm sure you'd understand.

I said to myself, whilst in that locker room, that once I'd done something with myself, I was going to go back to this thread and give you a huge thank you.

So, consider this that "thank you".

Much love to you, friend :smile2:.

Envision is absoloutely right. This forum and MJ's books have the power to completely change your life, as long as you take calculated action on that knoweldge.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
@Envision Just wanted to say thank you so much for this post.

I remember printing out the first post you made on this thread and reading it like a bible when I was working as a customer service assistant, and at a call centre, then later as an estate agent.

Every time I was on my lunch breaks I would pull out the paper and read it over and over as I sat in the locker room eating just a piece of fruit. It constantly reminded me of what I was doing, and why I was doing it.

Having joined this forum at 17/18, your story hugely resonated and inspired me.

And now, just a little over a year after being on this forum and starting up my YouTube business, I've made more money in the last month than I have in my entire life... a feeling that is so indescribable, but that I'm sure you'd understand.

I said to myself, whilst in that locker room, that once I'd done something with myself, I was going to go back to this thread and give you a huge thank you.

So, consider this that "thank you".

Much love to you, friend :smile2:.

Envision is absoloutely right. This forum and MJ's books have the power to completely change your life, as long as you take calculated action on that knoweldge.

That's awesome! Congrats your success and Im glad the thread was helpful.

Keep going!

longjca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 21, 2020
Littleton, CO
Loved your post and saw it posted in 2015. Wondering if you have another update of where you are now (I hope you reached your goal!) and if you have more insight of what you've learned, what you've discarded, and maybe some stuff you didn't expect to happen (good or bad). Thanks!

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Ill update the thread all these years later. For those that dont know I started a real estate progress thread awhile back you can follow it here

My 26th birthday is in a couple weeks.

I did accomplish all the things I set out for in this thread at the start

I have 3 companies, my main ecommerce company is doing 7 figures and it will hit 8 figures within the next 2 years. My long term goal is to grow a 100 million dollar company out of this business.

I started acquiring companies with the firm I used to work at - the one we bought is on track to do 500+k this year in revenue. It's on track to double every year due to it's small product line.

I own roughly 9 units of rental property and Im in the process of building a 800 unit storage facility and 20k sq ft warehouse. It's not 100 units like I said at the start of the thread but the income and the passivity will be the same. Not everything turns out the way you think it will.

I haven't traveled much and obviously can't go to far with the pandemic going on. But honestly, I don't mind not traveling I love what I do. Everyday I wake up I can do whatever I want, nobody tells me what I can do, my life is a product of the thoughts I had when I read MJ's book and what I envisioned for myself.

----

It's easy to get complacent. When I was living in the trailer and hating every second of it it was easy to channel my anger into building a better life. I can see why people get comfortable when they start to see some success.

I get caught in moments of that but constantly seek discomfort and ways to achieve the next level. When I started I always had doubts about if I could do it. I don't have those thoughts anymore - I need to keep raising the bar to see how far I can go.

In the next 5 years I'll:
Edit: (10 years :) )

1. Build $100 million e-commerce holdings
2. Acquire and develop $100 million of real estate

This isn't something I am starting today - I've been working on this since I was 18 and I think I've created the opportunities, brands, and foundation to achieve those goals.

Last edited:

Bobby_91

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 4, 2018
Ill update the thread all these years later. For those that dont know I started a real estate progress thread awhile back you can follow it here

I have 3 companies, my main ecommerce company is doing 7 figures and it will hit 8 figures within the next 2 years. My long term goal is to grow a 100 million dollar company out of this business.

I started acquiring companies with the firm I used to work at - the one we bought is on track to do 500+k this year in revenue. It's on track to double every year due to it's small product line.

I own roughly 9 units of rental property and Im in the process of building a 800 unit storage facility and 20k sq ft warehouse. It's not 100 units like I said at the start of the thread but the income and the passivity will be the same. Not everything turns out the way you think it will.

I haven't traveled much and obviously can't go to far with the pandemic going on. But honestly, I don't mind not traveling I love what I do. Everyday I wake up I can do whatever I want, nobody tells me what I can do, my life is a product of the thoughts I had when I read MJ's book and what I envisioned for myself.

----

It's easy to get complacent. When I was living in the trailer and hating every second of it it was easy to channel my anger into building a better life. I can see why people get comfortable when they start to see some success.

I get caught in moments of that but constantly seek discomfort and ways to achieve the next level. When I started I always had doubts about if I could do it. I don't have those thoughts anymore - I need to keep raising the bar to see how far I can go.

This isn't something I am starting today - I've been working on this since I was 18 and I think I've created the opportunities, brands, and foundation to achieve those goals.

Super inspirational, thanks for the update. I have a personal question if you dont mind.
Do you think 100 million is realistic in such a small timeframe? And if so, is there any plan to sell the company?

Wish you all the best, keep leveling up like crazy!

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Super inspirational, thanks for the update. I have a personal question if you dont mind.
Do you think 100 million is realistic in such a small timeframe? And if so, is there any plan to sell the company?

Wish you all the best, keep leveling up like crazy!

In total it would be roughly 11 years of running the companies and investing at the end of the 5 years. The growth trajectory I’ve been seeing is exponential because the systems have been created and the knowledge is there.

I know my brand is capable of it because I have several competitors in that range. I don’t know if I can do it in that time frame but I’m willing to try. I’d rather shoot for it and fail than aim too low

*** @Bobby_91 adjusting this to 10 years.

Running numbers and reviewing goals Ive realized I was over enthusiastic but still attainable with more time. The main thing is with these developments and investments I actually won't realize the gains from appreciation for 5-10 years after the actual work because the assets need to stabilize to achieve the cap rates and NOI in how they are valued.

Same with the brands, we are doubling every year, so in 5 years we would be doing somewhere around $30-40M assuming I dont hit cash flow issues and our growth rate isnt interrupted by something out of my control.

Last edited:

Vixen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Mar 9, 2020
Spain

----

@ Envision

I love your passion and drive. Thank you for continuing to share your story - You are very inspiring. I wish you success and joy on your journey :)

Kyle M

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 12, 2020
Canada
What an amazing read! @Envision , love your drive and thanks for sharing this. A lot to take away from this post. I'm new to the forum but am already getting so much value from it just being surrounded by people like yourself. All the best moving forward. Excited to see where you go.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 25, 2020
Lagos
I joined this forum one year ago, I got the alert today and I had to sit back and look at what I've done and what I havent done.

Im prepared to completely dominate the rest of the years that were gifted to me.

I joined at 19 years old. In fact, I turn 21 in 13 days. To be honest, I literally had nothing going for me back then. I have always been driven and passionate through my competitive lifting and sport background but I graduated high school and seemed to venture aimlessly in multiple directions.

My dad lost his job, my parents got divorced, my dad lost his purpose and remains unemployed today and we went from living in a 3000 square foot house to a 800 square foot mobile home. I went from having a college education paid for and given to me to having nothing given to me and having to fend for myself.

I hated every F*ckin minute of living in that shit hole mobile home. My room fit a small bed and I put two huge white boards on the wall. I would write my goals down of the things I would accomplish and every morning I would get up and go.

I joined this forum with nothing but an open willingness to learn, a burning ambition, and a work ethic.

I would say the first 4-6 months was pure horse shit and figuring out how things work with some mental masturbation and action faking. I would toss ideas around, read, and read, and read through peoples threads, through the inside posts, through bold and determined and danger and play as well... But something started to shift back in October...

I needed to find better people to surround myself with. I would literally smoke or go to some shitty party every weekend. But I would dream.. I would dream so much about my future of wealth and freedom. But my actions didnt line up with my dreams and goals.

I ended up finding people who were EXACTLY what I was looking for... They were into self improvement, meditation, learning, business, travel, and game. They were older than me and their habits were astounding. I adopted them.. waking up at 5am, meditate, read, visualize, work on yourself, I launched my business, started attending real estate investment meetings, joined toastmasters etc... Catapulted my life in the right direction..
  • I launched a fitness apparel line with the intention of simply learning business.. I want to know the ins and outs and I love working out and this line is finally gaining traction and we are in talks with our first store and surpassed 15k instagram followers... Sales are in the 100-500/month range
  • I found a mentor through the real estate investment meetings who owns 5-6 businesses, has an 8 figure net worth, and is a fulfilled and complete man... someone I've never had the ability to be around with the crowd I was in... we hit it off and are in talks constantly... EVERYTHING HE SAYS I record with his permission. His words are gold and his advice is harsh but right on point. I cant explain the benefit of having this type of person in your life.
  • I purchased my first home (a duplex) and effectively househacked it just like in @G_Alexander's thread found here: GOLD! - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free
The significance of this is that I will never pay rent again, my mortgage payment is covered by my tenants and roomate and I get to CHOOSE who I surround myself with. My roomate also just turned 21 and will be releasing his coffee business on Amazon this summer.
  • I joined a paid mastermind that I never would have done had I not learned the lesson that sometimes you MUST PAY TO LEARN... in some cases you dont but paying people who have done what you have done is a GOOD thing. Through this I am/ will be learning the ins and outs of sales, cold calling, and online biz.
    • On top of that I am in the process of closing my first sale for 1k and I havent even really gotten started yet.

• I am 5 speeches away from my competent communicator and I am already 100 times better than I ever thought I would be... If you want to speak or ever will be in the position to speak Join Toastmasters, my group is a really chill group of people 2-3 times my age but they all have a ton of experience which kills the learning curve and you progress quickly.
My Goals:

I havent really spoken of my goals at all on this forum and I generally dont but here are a few that I would like to accomplish within the next 1-10 years:
  • I am still working a W2, I would like to replace my work income within the next year.
  • Travel the world
  • Millionaire by 25.
  • Own 100 units of of real estate that cash flow by 25.
  • Have my business make 10k/month in sales (@Vick's thread was super motivating and pretty epic to read)
Action Items:

If your stuck doin nothing here is some shit I would do...
  • OFFER VALUE. I am so thankful to @MJ DeMarco for instilling his books values into my mind. When I mentioned offering value to my mentor I think he was taken aback by my approach. I offered to help him with ANYTHING and the second time we spoke he made contact with me to see how I was doing... I need to hit him up here soon :) This goes for in business as well as with people.
  • Develop your skillset.. You should realize that you MUST KNOW sales, marketing, copywriting, communication skills, etc... For example when I joined I checked out the Gary halbert thread, bought every book minus the 4th edition of one because it was hard to find (still looking), read every book and completed @SinisterLex's 15 day challenge to understand and learn this skillset.
  • Reprogram your mind...For many of you, you have been taught when to shit, eat, work, and sleep. Its engrained in us from the time we are born, through our schooling and in the work environment. You MUST reprogram your mind to be YOU. You dont even realize it but some of you are in a haze, a fog that is not reality. Realize that your reality is what YOU create and you have the power to create it. Like my mentor says, " life is a game and it's your game once you begin to own it".
    • TO do so I would recommend multiple things:
    • Read
    • Learn!
    • ADOPT A GROWTH MINDSET RATHER THAN A FIXED MINDSET (Read mindset on Amazon)
    • Listen to Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins, RSD self development and people like this!
    • Listen to podcasts.. lewis howes, MFCEO project, biggerpockets, art of charm, achieve your goals, smart passive income... theyre all free.
    • Get audiobooks.
You must understand this ONE thing.. Learn self awareness and how to think for yourself, if you are ever going to make progress, dont give a single F*ck about what anyone else around you thinks or is doing, focus on you, your goals, and your purpose. Which brings me to my next point...
  • Meet Like Minded People Like this isnt a common trend in my whole write up... Mentors, friends, associates, sexy girls... When you realize that by offering MASSIVE VALUE people want to be around you is when your life will shift... when you can talk to a girl, mentor, or like minded friend and have them in mind while still remaining on your purpose they will align with your mission and you can both help each other.
  • Write down your goals
    • Write your goals down every week
    • review them everyday
    • adjust, correct, and work on them constantly.
    • What is out of site is out of mind.
    • Get a journal to document progress, thoughts, ideas, and future goals.
  • Treat this forum as a gold mine...There is so much value in this website that it blows my mind, its given me the ability to make money from an idea in my head, its given me the ability to understand why people think the way they do, its given me a way for people to pay for me to live for free... Its given me mentors, life stories, business stories, life advice, harsh advice and I am so greatful to have stumbled across a single book that started it all.
  • Read The Millionaire Fastlane .. and read it again... Its all there for you .
Finally...

Go Take What is Yours. Everyone says "Take Action" F*ck that. Action is not targeted and it does not have a true why buried in its heart. One day you will realize that you will die. You will realize that the girl you let walk passed you could have been the one. You will realize that the job security you have mens NOTHING and you are as disposable to your company as my kleenex is to me. You will wake up one morning, similar to this morning but you will be old, 40 years will have passed, your dreams will have died along with your passion and love for living.

That scares me so much more than failing in any endeavor.

The only thing stopping you in your life is you and that is what this forum has awakened for me. The limits you think you have, are ones you set for yourself. Now... Im only 20, my accomplishments are meager to many of the millionaires on this forum. But the hardest part in this whole journey towards taking steps to achieving goals and producing results has been mental.

Well... Back to work. I splurged this out so if you need clarification or have questions on anything lemme know.
Thank you so much man. I agree with you. I'm starting my journey at 19 too, and with this forum? There's no way I'm not making it!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I can't imagine what your next ten years would look like.

At 26 I had $900 bucks in my bank account, a massive negative net worth, and was just starting to figure things out. I feel grossly inadequate. ;)

lcncgnl

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 31, 2020
Argentina
What an excellent journey. I'm new at the forum and i'm chasing the fastlane, 31 years right now in a country that makes it a little harder but not impossible (Argentina).

Your thread is an inspiration. Thanks @Envision .

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I can't imagine what your next ten years would look like.

At 26 I had $900 bucks in my bank account, a massive negative net worth, and was just starting to figure things out. I feel grossly inadequate. ;)
@MJ DeMarco , what do you think: what had been, if you could have read your book back at being 18?
You had the power to start earlier?

@Envision I did NOT have your threads on the radar. Dont know why not. Great!

Eddy KENTSA

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Mar 3, 2021
Massy Palaiseau - France
I joined this forum one year ago, I got the alert today and I had to sit back and look at what I've done and what I havent done.

Im prepared to completely dominate the rest of the years that were gifted to me.

I joined at 19 years old. In fact, I turn 21 in 13 days. To be honest, I literally had nothing going for me back then. I have always been driven and passionate through my competitive lifting and sport background but I graduated high school and seemed to venture aimlessly in multiple directions.

My dad lost his job, my parents got divorced, my dad lost his purpose and remains unemployed today and we went from living in a 3000 square foot house to a 800 square foot mobile home. I went from having a college education paid for and given to me to having nothing given to me and having to fend for myself.

I hated every f*ckin minute of living in that shit hole mobile home. My room fit a small bed and I put two huge white boards on the wall. I would write my goals down of the things I would accomplish and every morning I would get up and go.

I joined this forum with nothing but an open willingness to learn, a burning ambition, and a work ethic.

I would say the first 4-6 months was pure horse shit and figuring out how things work with some mental masturbation and action faking. I would toss ideas around, read, and read, and read through peoples threads, through the inside posts, through bold and determined and danger and play as well... But something started to shift back in October...

I needed to find better people to surround myself with. I would literally smoke or go to some shitty party every weekend. But I would dream.. I would dream so much about my future of wealth and freedom. But my actions didnt line up with my dreams and goals.

I ended up finding people who were EXACTLY what I was looking for... They were into self improvement, meditation, learning, business, travel, and game. They were older than me and their habits were astounding. I adopted them.. waking up at 5am, meditate, read, visualize, work on yourself, I launched my business, started attending real estate investment meetings, joined toastmasters etc... Catapulted my life in the right direction..
  • I launched a fitness apparel line with the intention of simply learning business.. I want to know the ins and outs and I love working out and this line is finally gaining traction and we are in talks with our first store and surpassed 15k instagram followers... Sales are in the 100-500/month range
  • I found a mentor through the real estate investment meetings who owns 5-6 businesses, has an 8 figure net worth, and is a fulfilled and complete man... someone I've never had the ability to be around with the crowd I was in... we hit it off and are in talks constantly... EVERYTHING HE SAYS I record with his permission. His words are gold and his advice is harsh but right on point. I cant explain the benefit of having this type of person in your life.
  • I purchased my first home (a duplex) and effectively househacked it just like in @G_Alexander's thread found here: GOLD! - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free
The significance of this is that I will never pay rent again, my mortgage payment is covered by my tenants and roomate and I get to CHOOSE who I surround myself with. My roomate also just turned 21 and will be releasing his coffee business on Amazon this summer.
  • I joined a paid mastermind that I never would have done had I not learned the lesson that sometimes you MUST PAY TO LEARN... in some cases you dont but paying people who have done what you have done is a GOOD thing. Through this I am/ will be learning the ins and outs of sales, cold calling, and online biz.
    • On top of that I am in the process of closing my first sale for 1k and I havent even really gotten started yet.
  • I am 5 speeches away from my competent communicator and I am already 100 times better than I ever thought I would be... If you want to speak or ever will be in the position to speak Join Toastmasters, my group is a really chill group of people 2-3 times my age but they all have a ton of experience which kills the learning curve and you progress quickly.
My Goals:

I havent really spoken of my goals at all on this forum and I generally dont but here are a few that I would like to accomplish within the next 1-10 years:
  • I am still working a W2, I would like to replace my work income within the next year.
  • Travel the world
  • Millionaire by 25.
  • Have my business make 10k/month in sales (@Vick's thread was super motivating and pretty epic to read)
Action Items:

• OFFER VALUE. I am so thankful to @MJ DeMarco for instilling his books values into my mind. When I mentioned offering value to my mentor I think he was taken aback by my approach. I offered to help him with ANYTHING and the second time we spoke he made contact with me to see how I was doing... I need to hit him up here soon :) This goes for in business as well as with people.
  • Develop your skillset.. You should realize that you MUST KNOW sales, marketing, copywriting, communication skills, etc... For example when I joined I checked out the Gary halbert thread, bought every book minus the 4th edition of one because it was hard to find (still looking), read every book and completed @SinisterLex's 15 day challenge to understand and learn this skillset.
  • Reprogram your mind...For many of you, you have been taught when to shit, eat, work, and sleep. Its engrained in us from the time we are born, through our schooling and in the work environment. You MUST reprogram your mind to be YOU. You dont even realize it but some of you are in a haze, a fog that is not reality. Realize that your reality is what YOU create and you have the power to create it. Like my mentor says, " life is a game and it's your game once you begin to own it".
    • Read
    • Learn!
    • Listen to podcasts.. lewis howes, MFCEO project, biggerpockets, art of charm, achieve your goals, smart passive income... theyre all free.
    • Get audiobooks.
You must understand this ONE thing.. Learn self awareness and how to think for yourself, if you are ever going to make progress, dont give a single f*ck about what anyone else around you thinks or is doing, focus on you, your goals, and your purpose. Which brings me to my next point...
  • Meet Like Minded People Like this isnt a common trend in my whole write up... Mentors, friends, associates, sexy girls... When you realize that by offering MASSIVE VALUE people want to be around you is when your life will shift... when you can talk to a girl, mentor, or like minded friend and have them in mind while still remaining on your purpose they will align with your mission and you can both help each other.
  • Write down your goals
    • review them everyday
  • Treat this forum as a gold mine...There is so much value in this website that it blows my mind, its given me the ability to make money from an idea in my head, its given me the ability to understand why people think the way they do, its given me a way for people to pay for me to live for free... Its given me mentors, life stories, business stories, life advice, harsh advice and I am so greatful to have stumbled across a single book that started it all.
Finally...

Go Take What is Yours. Everyone says "Take Action" f*ck that. Action is not targeted and it does not have a true why buried in its heart. One day you will realize that you will die. You will realize that the girl you let walk passed you could have been the one. You will realize that the job security you have mens NOTHING and you are as disposable to your company as my kleenex is to me. You will wake up one morning, similar to this morning but you will be old, 40 years will have passed, your dreams will have died along with your passion and love for living.

The only thing stopping you in your life is you and that is what this forum has awakened for me. The limits you think you have, are ones you set for yourself. Now... Im only 20, my accomplishments are meager to many of the millionaires on this forum. But the hardest part in this whole journey towards taking steps to achieving goals and producing results has been mental.

Well... Back to work. I splurged this out so if you need clarification or have questions on anything lemme know.
Just awesome and inspiring !

Mike Thiel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Mar 15, 2021
Europe

----

Edit: (10 years :) )

Hi!
I am impressed by your results! I am getting a proper knowledge now on "ecommerce business", Wanted to ask if you have some favorites mentors from that field or maybe some other source of knowledge from that area?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco , what do you think: what had been, if you could have read your book back at being 18?
You had the power to start earlier?

Interesting question...

I think I would have spared myself a lot of heartache and been able to accomplish my goals by my mid/late-twenties instead of mid-thirties. It's part of the big reason why I write --- because my books are exactly what I needed when I was 20 and had no mentors, no guidance, and no clue.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Interesting question...

I think I would have spared myself a lot of heartache and been able to accomplish my goals by my mid/late-twenties instead of mid-thirties. It's part of the big reason why I write --- because my books are exactly what I needed when I was 20 and had no mentors, no guidance, and no clue.

On this note , there's no doubt I wouldnt be where I am today without you.

I think about it all the time. I was extremely fortunate to be coachable and have a growth mindset from sports and weightlifting and I found your book very young. That molded my thoughts and then joining this forum I was able to see that it wasnt just for other people.

If I followed the process and worked extremely hard.

I could have it.

And today I do.

The biggest detriment I see that separates me versus most people im around or that ask me for advice or that want to get ahead is they think they already know. They don't want to appear wrong, they'd rather be right than rich.

They're too inexperienced and naive to realize that it's expected to know nothing. From there you can grow.

I never cared about how I was perceived by anyone else. I know what im capable of and with the right information I can get there. The book opens the door to the information. The next part, that very few people will ever get to is having the humility to attain all the information needed and to exert the work into whatever effort gets you into the fastlane.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Interesting question...

MJ, I actually quoted this post as a reply on the faux pas thread but you closed it before I hit send.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
On this note , there's no doubt I wouldnt be where I am today without you.

I think about it all the time. I was extremely fortunate to be coachable and have a growth mindset from sports and weightlifting and I found your book very young. That molded my thoughts and then joining this forum I was able to see that it wasnt just for other people.

If I followed the process and worked extremely hard.

I could have it.

And today I do.

The biggest detriment I see that separates me versus most people im around or that ask me for advice or that want to get ahead is they think they already know. They don't want to appear wrong, they'd rather be right than rich.

They're too inexperienced and naive to realize that it's expected to know nothing. From there you can grow.

I never cared about how I was perceived by anyone else. I know what im capable of and with the right information I can get there. The book opens the door to the information. The next part, that very few people will ever get to is having the humility to attain all the information needed and to exert the work into whatever effort gets you into the fastlane.

Thank you for letting me know, stuff like this reminds me why I do what I do, especially when I don't need to.

I look forward to seeing you on the cover of Forbes and saying, "I know that dude!" :smile:

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 30, 2021
United States

I hated every f*ckin minute of living in that shit hole mobile home. My room fit a small bed and I put two huge white boards on the wall. I would write my goals down of the things I would accomplish and every morning I would get up and go.

My Goals:

• Travel the world
  • Millionaire by 25.
Action Items:

• Read
    • Learn!
    • Get audiobooks.
You must understand this ONE thing.. Learn self awareness and how to think for yourself, if you are ever going to make progress, dont give a single f*ck about what anyone else around you thinks or is doing, focus on you, your goals, and your purpose. Which brings me to my next point...
  • Write down your goals
    • review them everyday
Finally...

Go Take What is Yours. Everyone says "Take Action" f*ck that. Action is not targeted and it does not have a true why buried in its heart. One day you will realize that you will die. You will realize that the girl you let walk passed you could have been the one. You will realize that the job security you have mens NOTHING and you are as disposable to your company as my kleenex is to me. You will wake up one morning, similar to this morning but you will be old, 40 years will have passed, your dreams will have died along with your passion and love for living.

I find this truly inspiring brother! I'm currently 19 myself and have been working hard on developing habits that will maximize my energy. I sleep near the same time every night (30-minute window), I read at least 4-6 pages a day, I write goals down though I tend to struggle with consistency and tracking, only things I really use my money for are for tools that I know will provide self-awareness, workout twice a day, meditate and do yoga and always am up for a challenge. I am unsure of the value I can provide to people these days, but I recently started an introductory video to web designing and committing to developing the skill. I find it hard to find like-minded people my age who focus on these habits and most of my friends tend to either be older than I am. This is not a brag post. I just wanted to see if you wanted to connect for accountability.

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019
@Envision

I first read this thread when I was 20 years old. At the time I was a college student on the verge of quitting university. I was extremely broke, living in the cheapest possible apartment sharing a bedroom with my friend from highschool. I was weak and out of shape.

I remember coming home from the gym, still stimulated from my preworkout, and after reading Millionaire Fastlane I had a true epiphany. I came to browse this forum and this was one of the gold threads that gave me chills; I wrote down and summarized everything in this thread in a notebook and wanted so bad to transform my entire life & mindset. I felt like I had destroyed my old self in order to rebuild my new self at the time.

Years have passed since then. I graduated from university and now work in IT. I have an amazing relationship, and have become a source of value for those around me; good friends reach out to me for life advice. I make more money today and am in significantly better shape & health. I want to thank you sincerely, even though I am not good at writing I am trying my best to convey my appreciation to you, as it still gives me goosebumps thinking about those days with nothing in my bank account, depressed, and having no hope -> going on this forum with a pen and paper in hand with a STRONG desire to learn is one of the most valuable things I have done. Thank you.

Mattmac9203

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 7, 2021
You must understand this ONE thing.. Learn self awareness and how to think for yourself, if you are ever going to make progress, dont give a single f*ck about what anyone else around you thinks or is doing, focus on you, your goals, and your purpose.

What a post dude. Jesus I can feel that fire.

Your ONE thing is what I needed to hear the most. Powerful.

Best wishes on your journey.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
@Envision

How was your dad when you first started out? Was he supportive and believed in you or did he put up resistance to your plans? If he was resistant how did you overcome it?

yomiflexx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 22, 2022

My Goals:

• Travel the world
  • Millionaire by 25.
Action Items:

• Read
    • Learn!
    • Get audiobooks.
  • Write down your goals
    • review them everyday
Finally...

So inspiring thanks for sharing

amandangvs

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 1, 2021
Malaysia
Wow, I feel so inspired. by your journey @Envision
I'm quite new to the forum and a Fastlane student.

Like you, the book has given me the red pill in the matrix and there's no going back.
I am still figuring a lot of things out.

Currently, I have a good job with a great company. It would the easiest thing to just be comfortable and live within my means and not aspire. But knowing there is a better alternative where I can be in control of my earnings, is so much better! Last year, my brother who also has a good job with a great company, ended up having to quit his job due to a take over. Just goes to show, as long as you're working for someone, you don't really have true control.

As a newbie to the forum and books.
I am lurking in the forums, uncertain of how to participate and learn form everyone.
Do you have any tips for me?

For now, what i have been doing is spend at least 1-2 hours combing through the forum for useful info.
Haven't started or posted much, uncertain how i can created value. I don't want to just be a taker.

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Dudu

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Feb 6, 2022
I've recently joined the forum and I took the time to read the entire thread…wow! So much inspiring and full of insights.

It has been great to read about your story and your path to your goals, reading about the process and massive action you took as well as the mindset that makes this action possible.

I truly appreciated when you stressed the importance of having a job, when you said that

Looking back that would never have been possible without the job to fund it”, providing a ton of reasons why that is an important point. That serves as a great reminder to all of us who want to quit our job as soon as possible.
@Envision ,thanks so much for the awesome advice of this thread, truly inspiring and eye opening.

I wish you all the best and I wait for the updates on your journey!

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
I just read a bit trough your story man and I’m just impressed and motivated on the same time.

I’m looking forward to your next update

farouqali

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 16, 2021
joined this forum with nothing but an open willingness to learn, a burning ambition, and a work ethic
Hey Envision,
am glad i stumble on this post, its a reminder to have a purpose and set goals.
You must understand this ONE thing.. Learn self awareness and how to think for yourself, if you are ever going to make progress, dont give a single f*ck about what anyone else around you thinks or is doing, focus on you, your goals, and your purpose.
this has hit the back of my mind..
thank you for this post. i will be back and follow the threads (for sure).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.